Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars Eye of the north is this stand alone game?

ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Guild Wars Eye of the north is this stand alone game?

I have the 1st guild wars game the orignal.    Thanks Ajax

Ajax

Comments

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166

Only Eotn its expansion all other are stand alone games so you must have prophecies or faction or nightfall to play Eotn

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

You said you have the "original" Guild Wars.  That's Prophecies if I remember correctly.  That means that you can just buy Eye of the North if the original is installed on your PC.  What Qtar said....is accurate.  You need Prophecies, Factions, OR Nightfall...one of them...for Eye of the North to work.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Thanks

Ajax

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by just1opinion

You said you have the "original" Guild Wars.  That's Prophecies if I remember correctly.  That means that you can just buy Eye of the North if the original is installed on your PC.  What Qtar said....is accurate.  You need Prophecies, Factions, OR Nightfall...one of them...for Eye of the North to work.

Yep, Prophecies is the original Guild Wars game. And when it comes to story, I think is the best one to go from its end and into Eye of The North. The others can lead into it as well, but there's plenty of play between the original and it.