Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some questions about character slots and classes

black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Hey guys, just wanted to make sure;

When i came back for f2p i had 3 free unlocks for the slots i wanted and i used them, but now i'm thinking to delete one of my chars and start another so if i delete the char i still get to keep the slot right? Because i read something on the forums and i'm cautious.

Let's say i keep the slot, do i get to create any class i want or just the 4 f2p ones?

And lastly, if i buy a slot from the shop, do i get to unlock a char i already created before(my dark templar) or do i have to create a new char in an unused and empty slot?

(btw fyi i bought the game and the x-pack back then and subbed too)

Thanks in advance for your replies and help.

Comments

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

Guys come on, not one person to share info? And i thought people were playing this game again.

• pharazonicpharazonic Member Posts: 860

Honestly not sure at all. 

If I were you though, I'd err on the side of caution. Take no chances whatsoever. ASSUME NOTHING

And if you created a forth slot, I am more than willing to wager that it will be a F2P class and not any class.  

AoC is really not a F2P model as it is on endless trial. 

"Never argue with a fool; onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

I need to take this advice more.

• Vlad_TepesVlad_Tepes Member Posts: 47

Not sure about the slots as I didn't mess with more but, I do know this.....I had a level 49 Assassin from launch. I was able to retrieve him, but once I decided I wanted a tank and a healer and deleted him I was only able to make the f2p classes, wasn't even able to make a new Assassin. Which was fine as I didn't want to. 

So, if you have an old toon, you can fill one of the f2p slots with it. But you'll only be able to create new toons of the f2p selection.

• BhaynBhayn Member Posts: 11

Firstly, how did you have 3 slots unlocked? Usually f2p's only have two.  Were these from your previous subscription? From what I've seen, it works like this; IF you've had premium classes prior to backing up to f2p you can still play those classes. Granted, there's not a ton of evidence to support this, but there IS some.

I also don't believe you'll loose any slots, should you delete a toon & make another because of the restrictions on f2p (else you'd lost one already).

It's still best to err on the side of caution,,,

If all else fails, contact Funcom.

"It's not the ignorance of the people, it's that most of what they 'know', just ain't so" -Anonymous 19th century comic

• black_isleblack_isle Member UncommonPosts: 258

I had 3 slots because i bouhgt the x-pack back when, that gives you 1 extra slot in f2p. So assuming from the replies if i delete a char i keep the slot (as it should be, otherwise it would be incredibly stupid but you never know...) but i can only make f2p classes.

I contacted the customer support to be sure and to learn if i buy a slot can i unlock a previous char i created. Btw, when i came back i was able to unlock my bear shaman and assassin too so no doubt  you can unlock premium classes you already created. Thanks for the replies guys.

Edit: So i deleted my bear shaman and it was gone with the slot too, then i had 1 free unlock immediatly which i could use with any of my old caharacters or create a new one. Glad how it turned out. Problem solved.