Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An official city hub?

Is there a city of choice for VG players to frequent when not out in the wilds? If not it would be a good idea to get everyone pointed at the same place.  Not only to compliment the RP I hear forming back up but also a place to build community interaction on (gladitorial contests or crafting on demand).

With the type of game VG is it makes sense to not see many others than you and your group.  It would be nice to come back to a spot where people are regularly at.

If there isn't a city already I think Khal would make a great choice.  Not only is it very open in design but has a very posh style to it and has a built in harbor for those that have boats.

EDIT: Having one meeting place means you would get more, if not all, diplo. buffs when you visit.  That alone should be enough for adventurers to stop by on a regular basis.

Just not worth my time anymore.

Comments

• XexvXexv Member Posts: 308

As it stands I don't believe there's a generally agreed upon 'hub' type city...I guess the world doesn't naturally lend itself to a hub now with the riftways enabling direct travel between minor destinations. Personally I like NT though it's a bit too large/laggy - Khal is nice...statues give me a kind of ancient Rhodes feel.

• Deron_BarakDeron_Barak Member Posts: 1,136
    I Like NT as well but it is pretty laggy due to how big it is. I think having the rift stones makes it easier to have a central meeting place. Any player regardless of level would be able to converse with other players.

Just not worth my time anymore.

• klokwurkklokwurk Member UncommonPosts: 35

I think NT is just too laggy and complicated to make a good hub, though it's got some great areas in it and interesting buildings. Personally I like Khal a lot, I think in part because it's so easy to navigate and it's pretty visually impressive. I tend to do banking and crafting in Khal.