Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

With all DUE respect, apparently very little.

Comments

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG.  Just the same as Call of Duty is not a MMORPG.  Diablo and Call of Duty are similar games, except that Call of Duty has it's PvE in a single player portion of the game.  Now that Blizzard forces you to be online to play, there's not much of difference between the two other than the obvious.

I agree with the OP.  An official Diablo 3 section should not be here.  This is simply to draw people in, appeasing not only the popularity of this site as well as the developers.  It's basically a money move.  These guys already have a RTS sister site, just make a RPG site for single player games.  I will have to say, going against the admins here is folly.  You can be completely right, but they will still probably warn and/or suspend you for saying something against them or this site publically.  Been there, done that.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Senerius

OK  wow hmmm gee lets see....

Is Diablo 3 a rpg?  YES!  I don't think anyone disputes this.

Is Diablo 3 massively multiplayer online?    Hmmm Can alot of players play this game at the same time and does it require internet?  The answer is yes. 

Just because it doesn't meet what you think of as a MMORPG doesn't mean it doesn't litterally meet the Definition.

You might want to check the meaning before making a statement that is inaccurate just because it isn't what you think it should mean.

I am going based on the literal meaning of the terms not the generally accepted meaning.

But it doesn't literally meet the definition.

One of the core and essential elements of a MMORPG is thousands of people sharing the same persistent world at the same time.

Diablo 3 is not a persistent world. You are not going to log into a server and see thousands of other characters logged in, sharing the same areas at the same time, as you would in an actual MMORPG like, say, WoW.

So, no... Diablo 3 is most certainly not a MMORPG, by any definition.

Blizzard themself categorize Diablo 3 as an "Action RPG", while they classify WoW as a "MMORPG". Now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you don't presume to know how Blizzard's games are classified better than they do.

It's funny... Prior to WoW making MMOs mainstream, people made and understood the clear distinction between a MMORPG, and a RPG that has optional multiplayer. It's a very obvious difference. Now all of a sudden, anything that has online and any amount of multiplayer is being referred to as a MMORPG. I've seen Unreal Tournament described as a MMORPG FFS.

As for the OP... they had a "poll" some time ago asking people whether they should add D3 to the game list or not. Personally, I think the poll was pure PR and nothing else. I would bet a month's pay they were adding it to the list regardless. The proverbial ink had barely dried on the poll results and they were already jumping into reconfiguring the site to accomodate Diablo 3 on the list.

As someone else mentioned - and I noted in my responses to Bill Murphy during the discussion about it back then - it's clearly a move on their part to bring more traffic to the site. Given D3's popularity, more traffic = more advertising $$$$ for them.

I mean, how many other action RPGs have released over the past few years? Did they poll people to add Dungeon Siege II or III, both in the same category as D3? Nope. Did they even so much as express an interest in adding those games? Nope. How about any of the other action RPGs released in the past couple years? Were they added or even mentioned? Nope. 

So... the Diablo 3 thing has nothing to do with "adapting to include a new genre of games"... because they could have done that a long time ago. It has everything to do with bringing in more advertising $$$ by having a high-profile name on their game roster. Plain and simple.

It just really irks me how they pretended to care what the members here thought by putting up that poll, as though the opinions of some people was going to override their desire to bring in more $$$. I highly doubt it.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• loreofchaosloreofchaos Member Posts: 316

Originally posted by Covet78

The internets just got stupid.

Diablo 3 is not an mmo. Everyone knows this.

However, the OP shouldn't be getting his panties in a bunch regarding a forum being opened up for it. Who cares if mmorpg.com has a topic for Diablo 3.

But everyone else.. really? Are you that dumb? Diablo 3 = action rpg. You dont' even need 5 brain cells to understand that.

" but herb derp... it has multiplayer!! and it will sell a lot!! herb derp"

So Call of Duty games are mmo's? Battlefield is an mmo? really?

jeeze. I felt myself get dumber and umbper ech respnsse eye reed boute thte.

First off covet the internets been retarded bcause the general human populace can't put two and two together, second, when a mmorpg site starts listing non mmorpg when its own rules have clearly stated to not do so in anywhere but the off topics, how much more non logical crap you going to let down the hill before you bull dozes your house down? Sometimes for a greater good you just gotta call bullshit out on those who are full of it.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Originally posted by loreofchaos

Originally posted by kilun

What is a mmorpg doing  creating FORUMS and gauging a RPG not a MMORPG, are you or are you not rpg? Are you falsely advertising what you represent? If so what would Crag the original creator of this site over 10 years ago think? Would you spit on his very own creation or is he doing it himself? I once spoke with the man who knew honor and mercy, but what he hell is this? you are not a rpg sight you are mmorpg you are BREACHING your own minor infractions remove this forum at once, you are out of line. Unless given specific reasons that this is a mmorpg instead of rpg which you won't unless you plan to lie to the entire world you have no businessn or reason of having a existing forum create another site meant for rpgs instead of mmorpgs if you want this here. 

MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff.

I need not say anymore these rules was wiritten by mmorpg's own staff.

Define MMORPG?  I bet you will get about 15 different answers.

Do you feel that Guild Wars belongs on this forum?

Why did you not post an uproar about WarRock for example which is a FPS by all intend purposes.

Why is LoL on the forums list but not HoN?

Seriously what is the difference between 20 people sitting in some city in an MMO waiting to queue up for an instance to where they will play by themselves and a chat interface doing the same thing?  Explain to me the difference.

Guild wars just claffified itself as a accepted term of mmorpg when 80 people are standing in front of a entrance at channel 1 with 500 people standing at the damn crafting station, before you think there really IS 15 answers maybe you best just think about what truly is questionable and what isn't, I don't know about a damn thing about warrock it isn't no Diable nor a blizzard product and honestly, I don't have the time of day to be checking out what is and isn't under its classification but diable 3 has clearly been stated by its OWN developers that it is NOT considered a mmorpg, it is a action rpg as it has always been there is no GREY in this son. If you have a problem with how reality places with a grey go to a place where such arguments are valid this is a black and white matter, and its own stamp of approval has not only been known through out the damn world but recongize by wiki as well as its creator for over 10 years now. Mmorpg.com its violating its own rules. Hypocracy is no excuse and questioning a non grey area makes you look utterly the fool.

How is it non-grey?  To me Guild Wars is as much an MMO as Diablo.  Most games are heavily instanced.  The whole point of nearly every MMO is to either join a Raid or Instance with a maximum amount of people capped or do a Battleground type game with similiar numbers.

Define how that is massive?  Hell with those numbers, Mount and Blade looks like a winner since it blows those numbers out of the water.  The only sticking point you even have is people sitting around in the same area in a virtual that allows them to move around.  I ask what is the difference in a chat hub?  Can you not interact with other people?  Can you not roleplay your character if you choose to?  What is the actual difference?

Hypocracy is what you stated by saying I don't have the time to and if it isn't Diablo or another Blizzard product I don't care.  If your going to wage a war about what is or isn't on this site then do it fully or stop trolling.  Go through all the listed games and find out which ones are or aren't post all the ones that aren't MMO's by your definition.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Its weird to me that people think this is up for debate.. Diablo 3 is in no way an mmorpg.

Id give it co-op RPG at best.

Fully agree with the OP

Originally posted by WSIMike

Is Diablo 3 massively multiplayer online?    Hmmm Can alot of players play this game at the same time and does it require internet?  The answer is yes. 

Just because it doesn't meet what you think of as a MMORPG doesn't mean it doesn't litterally meet the Definition.

You might want to check the meaning before making a statement that is inaccurate just because it isn't what you think it should mean.

I am going based on the literal meaning of the terms not the generally accepted meaning.

One of the core and essential elements of a MMORPG is thousands of people sharing the same persistent world at the same time.

Diablo 3 is not a persistent world, and you are not going to log into a server and see thousands of other people logged in as you would in, say, WoW.

Blizzard themself categorize Diablo 3 as an "Action RPG", while they classify WoW as a "MMORPG". Now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess that you don't presume to know how Blizzard's games are classified better than they do.

It's funny... Prior to WoW making MMOs mainstream, people made and understood the clear distinction between a MMORPG, and a RPG that has optional multiplayer. It's a very obvious difference. Now all of a sudden, anything that has online and any amount of multiplayer is being referred to as a MMORPG. I've seen Unreal Tournament described as a MMORPG FFS.

As for the OP... they had a "poll" some time ago asking people whether they should add D3 to the game list or not. Personally, I think the poll was pure PR and nothing else. I would bet a month's pay they were adding it to the list regardless. The proverbial ink had barely dried on the poll results and they were already jumping into reconfiguring the site to accomodate Diablo 3 on the list.

As someone else mentioned - and I noted in my responses to Bill Murphy during the discussion about it back then - it's clearly a move on their part to bring more traffic to the site. Given D3's popularity, more traffic = more advertising $$$$ for them.

I mean, how many other action RPGs have released over the past few years? Did they poll people to add Dungeon Siege II or III, both in the same category as D3? Nope. Did they even so much as express an interest in adding those games? Nope. How about any of the other action RPGs released in the past couple years? Were they added or even mentioned? Nope. 

So... the Diablo 3 thing has nothing to do with "adapting to include a new genre of games"... because they could have done that a long time ago. It has everything to do with bringing in more advertising $$$ by having a high-profile name on their game roster. Plain and simple.

It just really irks me how they pretended to care what the members here thought by putting up that poll, as though the opinions of some people was going to override their desire to bring in more $$$. I highly doubt it.

The poll is irrelevant and I was unaware of this, but you can not clearly place rules of conduct and then disobey them. Falsley advertising your site as a mmorpg site instead of regular site, can still be placed in the same catagory, as is piracy no matter the means. Espacially with the gift events because its recognize as so. It legally offers the chance for this site to be shut down.

Take a deep drink of your demon Lad, tonight we tangle with the fire in the gut.

Originally posted by Unreal024

Originally posted by DAS1337

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG.  Just the same as Call of Duty is not a MMORPG.  Diablo and Call of Duty are similar games, except that Call of Duty has it's PvE in a single player portion of the game.  Now that Blizzard forces you to be online to play, there's not much of difference between the two other than the obvious.

I agree with the OP.  An official Diablo 3 section should not be here.  This is simply to draw people in, appeasing not only the popularity of this site as well as the developers.  It's basically a money move.  These guys already have a RTS sister site, just make a RPG site for single player games.  I will have to say, going against the admins here is folly.  You can be completely right, but they will still probably warn and/or suspend you for saying something against them or this site publically.  Been there, done that.

That's my problem with this branching out they're trying to do. They already have sister sites for RTS, FPS and mobile gaming, why not just make an RPG site? RPGs and MMORPGs are different genres. I just don't understand why they made separate sites for RTS and FPS, and then want to throw RPG listings on here. Why not just change the name and turn this into a general gaming site? That's clearly what they're shooting for.

That was my constructive suggestion thats what they need to do instead of breaking their own rules.

• Covet78Covet78 Member UncommonPosts: 149

Originally posted by Covet78

The internets just got stupid.

Diablo 3 is not an mmo. Everyone knows this.

However, the OP shouldn't be getting his panties in a bunch regarding a forum being opened up for it. Who cares if mmorpg.com has a topic for Diablo 3.

But everyone else.. really? Are you that dumb? Diablo 3 = action rpg. You dont' even need 5 brain cells to understand that.

" but herb derp... it has multiplayer!! and it will sell a lot!! herb derp"

So Call of Duty games are mmo's? Battlefield is an mmo? really?

jeeze. I felt myself get dumber and umbper ech respnsse eye reed boute thte.

First off covet the internets been retarded bcause the general human populace can't put two and two together, second, when a mmorpg site starts listing non mmorpg when its own rules have clearly stated to not do so in anywhere but the off topics, how much more non logical crap you going to let down the hill before you bull dozes your house down? Sometimes for a greater good you just gotta call bullshit out on those who are full of it.

Hey I got no problem with you wanting to make a point. But after making it with your original post, how can you continue it? The point has been made. You can't be anal about it now. Just gotta let it drop imo. It's not your site. You don't pay for it. I have no idea who owns it. But whoever does can start putting pony cartoons on it and tell everyone else they are not alowed.

Yes.. they can open up a diablo 3 forum and tell other people not to. They have every right. Nothing anyone can do about it. Accept it. Honestly, you are just stressing out over probably one of the most trivial things ever.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

That's my problem with this branching out they're trying to do. They already have sister sites for RTS, FPS and mobile gaming, why not just make an RPG site? RPGs and MMORPGs are different genres. I just don't understand why they made separate sites for RTS and FPS, and then want to throw RPG listings on here. Why not just change the name and turn this into a general gaming site? That's clearly what they're shooting for.

That was my constructive suggestion thats what they need to do instead of breaking their own rules.

Just in case you missed it the first time ""They left it up to a vote for the users here, it would seem the option for a d3 forum won out.""

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

What is a mmorpg doing  creating FORUMS and gauging a RPG not a MMORPG, are you or are you not rpg? Are you falsely advertising what you represent? If so what would Crag the original creator of this site over 10 years ago think? Would you spit on his very own creation or is he doing it himself? I once spoke with the man who knew honor and mercy, but what he hell is this? you are not a rpg sight you are mmorpg you are BREACHING your own minor infractions remove this forum at once, you are out of line. Unless given specific reasons that this is a mmorpg instead of rpg which you won't unless you plan to lie to the entire world you have no businessn or reason of having a existing forum create another site meant for rpgs instead of mmorpgs if you want this here. 

MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics may be locked or deleted if determined out of hand by the MMORPG.com moderator staff.

Define MMORPG?  I bet you will get about 15 different answers.

Do you feel that Guild Wars belongs on this forum?

Why did you not post an uproar about WarRock for example which is a FPS by all intend purposes.

Why is LoL on the forums list but not HoN?

Seriously what is the difference between 20 people sitting in some city in an MMO waiting to queue up for an instance to where they will play by themselves and a chat interface doing the same thing?  Explain to me the difference.

Guild wars just claffified itself as a accepted term of mmorpg when 80 people are standing in front of a entrance at channel 1 with 500 people standing at the damn crafting station, before you think there really IS 15 answers maybe you best just think about what truly is questionable and what isn't, I don't know about a damn thing about warrock it isn't no Diable nor a blizzard product and honestly, I don't have the time of day to be checking out what is and isn't under its classification but diable 3 has clearly been stated by its OWN developers that it is NOT considered a mmorpg, it is a action rpg as it has always been there is no GREY in this son. If you have a problem with how reality places with a grey go to a place where such arguments are valid this is a black and white matter, and its own stamp of approval has not only been known through out the damn world but recongize by wiki as well as its creator for over 10 years now. Mmorpg.com its violating its own rules. Hypocracy is no excuse and questioning a non grey area makes you look utterly the fool.

How is it non-grey?  To me Guild Wars is as much an MMO as Diablo.  Most games are heavily instanced.  The whole point of nearly every MMO is to either join a Raid or Instance with a maximum amount of people capped or do a Battleground type game with similiar numbers.

Define how that is massive?  Hell with those numbers, Mount and Blade looks like a winner since it blows those numbers out of the water.  The only sticking point you even have is people sitting around in the same area in a virtual that allows them to move around.  I ask what is the difference in a chat hub?  Can you not interact with other people?  Can you not roleplay your character if you choose to?  What is the actual difference?

Hypocracy is what you stated by saying I don't have the time to and if it isn't Diablo or another Blizzard product I don't care.  If your going to wage a war about what is or isn't on this site then do it fully or stop trolling.  Go through all the listed games and find out which ones are or aren't post all the ones that aren't MMO's by your definition.

Here's a question have you read the links? are you GOING to argue with the creators of the game which they catagorize as action rpg? you want to question logic go ahead but if your questioning logic its because you lack it.

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG. Period.

Your definition of "what MMORPGs are all about" is your own personal opinion of what they're all about, not an objective definition.

But hey... let's see what the makers of the most popular MMORPG, WoW as well as the game in question, Diablo 3, classify their games as...

Click Here

Look at Diablo 3's entry on the top of the page... Notice its category? "Action-RPG".

Now look at World of Warcraft... What does that one say? "MMORPG".

Now, unless you believe you know what Blizzard's games are classified as better than they do, it seems to me that they make a very clear distinction here between one genre and the other.

I realize it's easy to say "but but but... they have online! And there's other players! And you join instances and kill stuff! It's exactly the same thing!!".. however, it's not. There are substantial differences between what makes a MMORPG a MMORPG, and what makes an Action-RPG an Action-RPG. Ignoring or omitting those differences doesn't eliminate them from the equation.

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG. Period. End of discussion.

Even MMORPG.com acknowledged this themselves by even making it a point to ask about including it. If it was a MMORPG, by definition, then it would have been added just like every other MMORPG on the list is added. But I know.. that's another annoying detail that some around here would rather ignore, because for some reason they're determined to call Diablo 3 something it isn't.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Hey OP, as multiple people have told ya, this has been discussed ad naseum.  They aren't going to change their minds after a huge thread on this exact topic was already made...  Just sayin man, maybe posting in the origional topic would really help more than making a redundant topic.

Originally posted by Distopia

Just in case you missed it the first time ""They left it up to a vote for the users here, it would seem the option for a d3 forum won out.""

Just in case you missed the "Irrelevant and no I haven't heard it, they're breaching their own code of conduct"

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Hi,

So we were on the fence about adding this game to the list and so what we did is we got community input involved by allowing users to vote on whether or not they wanted to see this game listed on MMORPG.com. I believe we let the poll run for something like a month, heck, it may even still be enabled. The tally as it currently stands is 59% for 41% against. That's a pretty clear margin in favor and so we went ahead and listened to what you guys said with your votes and added the game.

We appreciate your feedback and concerns but we ultimately left this decision up to you guys, the community, and you spoke loudly and clearly that you wanted Diablo III here at the site. Obviously, the 41% who voted against the decision are going to be unhappy with the decision, but I would imagine they were happy they had a chance to make their voice heard instead of us just adding the game or something like that.

I'll also add, for those that are concerned, that we are not planning to cover this game with the same priority as any MMOs. We just wanted to give you guys a space to discuss the game and cover some of the major news surrounding the game. We're not going to update you on every Diablo III patch or update, etc.

Thanks.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872

...and still they shove that stuff allover us on the mainpage of mmorpg.com.

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Good post, agree with everything said. If it's about "adapting to include a new genre of games" then why have sister sites for other genres? Hell, why isn't Path of Exile, Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2 listed?

D3 is not an MMO, now that that is out of the way. They will be covering TL2 they will be covering Skyrim, they will be covering many other "RPGS", they're also changing the game list to be filterable or something, all of this was covered in a few different articles here, a month or so back.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG. Period.

Your definition of "what MMORPGs are all about" is your own personal opinion of what they're all about, not an objective definition.

But hey... let's see what the makers of the most popular MMORPG, WoW as well as the game in question, Diablo 3, classify their games as...

Click Here

Look at Diablo 3's entry on the top of the page... Notice its category? "Action-RPG".

Now look at World of Warcraft... What does that one say? "MMORPG".

Now, unless you believe you know what Blizzard's games are classified as better than they do, it seems to me that they make a very clear distinction here between one genre and the other.

I realize it's easy to say "but but but... they have online! And there's other players! And you join instances and kill stuff! It's exactly the same thing!!".. however, it's not. There are substantial differences between what makes a MMORPG a MMORPG, and what makes an Action-RPG an Action-RPG. Ignoring or omitting those differences doesn't eliminate them from the equation.

Diablo 3 is not a MMORPG. Period. End of discussion.

Even MMORPG.com acknowledged this themselves by even making it a point to ask about including it. If it was a MMORPG, by definition, then it would have been added just like every other MMORPG on the list is added. But I know.. that's another annoying detail that some around here would rather ignore, because for some reason they're determined to call Diablo 3 something it isn't.

Funny I put that link on here as well as wiki no one seems to be reading it.

• kilunkilun Member UncommonPosts: 829

Diablo 3 is not a persistent world, and you are not going to log into a server and see thousands of other people logged in as you would in, say, WoW.

The poll is irrelevant and I was unaware of this, but you can not clearly place rules of conduct and then disobey them. Falsley advertising your site as a mmorpg site instead of regular site, can still be placed in the same catagory, as is piracy no matter the means. Espacially with the gift events because its recognize as so. It legally offers the chance for this site to be shut down.

What are you talking about? First line of the rules and conduct state: "MMORPG.COM (a Web site operated wholly by Cyber Creations Inc.) provides this site as a resource for the MMORPG community"

About us states: MMORPG.com strives to bring you the best news, features and community in the MMORPG genre. If you are looking to contact MMORPG.com for any reason, you should be able to find out the appropriate person below.

So what part is false advertising? Can you not find information about MMO's on this site?  No where do I see a bullet that stated X,Y,Z will be are forums.  They have an Offtopic forum, they have a tech forum.

For example I sub to PC Gamer, they have articles about PC games.  But wait, they had an article about phone games for a while in each issue, FALSE ADVERTIISEMENT!  Seriously go try to win that one in a court of law as false advertisement, good luck.

http://www.kbinternetlaw.com/falseadvertising.html

Read very carefully. Give away events make mmorpg subject to these laws, They are considered taxeable items.

http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/

Read again very carefully, Mmorpg.com is now breaking laws against consumer rights and threatens involvment of blizzard.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

http://www.kbinternetlaw.com/falseadvertising.html

Read very carefully. Give away events make mmorpg subject to these laws, They are considered taxeable items.
    http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/games/

Read again very carefully, Mmorpg.com is now breaking laws against consumer rights and threatens involvment of blizzard.

Wow. Talk about reaching.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Please treat each other with civility and respect when posting on the forums, even if you strongly disagree with the views of another user. I'd like to leave this thread open, but if this starts devolving into personal attacks and the like we're going to have to lock it down.

Thanks guys.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

OH GOD!  They added a game forum to their site!  Lets just entirely freak out about it. 

People were already discussing this game in great detail on this site long before the forum was opened.  The game is online only.  Its an RPG.  Its not exactly an mmorpg but its close enough.  Very close. 

You're actually mad about this?  What difference does it make?  It doesnt.  Its their site and they can darn well do what they please. 

Since your opinion is so important I guess mine is too.  So I think they made a good decision to add it.  Therefore my opinion cancels yours out.   Have a nice day. 

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Distopia

Good post, agree with everything said. If it's about "adapting to include a new genre of games" then why have sister sites for other genres? Hell, why isn't Path of Exile, Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2 listed?

D3 is not an MMO, now that that is out of the way. They will be covering TL2 they will be covering Skyrim, they will be covering many other "RPGS", they're also changing the game list to be filterable or something, all of this was covered in a few different articles here, a month or so back.

Being able to filter information is all fine and dandy, but it doesn't change my point. They shouldn't cover any of those games, they shouldn't list any of the games I mentioned. They aren't MMOs and as such are not news worthy on an MMO site. There are plenty of MMOs that they don't cover, cover those instead. If they want to report on RPG news, that's great, but I think they should create a sister site for that purpose. Same as they did for the RTS and FPS genres.

It's their website. They can do whatever they want with it. They could name the site, "Strictly Information About What Is Accepted As a 'Classical' MMORPG", and then proceed to put information about 80's era adventure games.

I think they are doing just fine, and should continue with what they are doing.

** edit **
    The editor is kind of wonky though, and sometimes really borks posts, removing carriage returns and stuff like that. Other than that, they're doing OK.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I'm guessing you just failed to read the last part of my statement [mod edit], this site is hereby authorized subject to law. I have two cousins who are lawyers for consumer products, this site is breaking laws, and is subject to shut down. There is no argument here, there is no grey area, giveaway items are considered taxeable therefor considered a product just as any other taxable item is. Car house, hosting, does not matter any taxeable item has just targeted this site as well as breaking its own rules.

What are you talking about?  Are you must making this stuff up off the top of your head? 

This site is not a product.  Its a news source.  Its not a consumer product.  Did you know they literally asked the comminuty here if it would be okay to add it?  The response was positive so they did. 

You cant SUE them over it.  Lmao.  Amazing. 

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

*Looks around at the chaos that has ensued and makes a break for the door before it slams shut*

I like the fact it was put up to us to vote for it, legal or not. I'm not a lawyer or nothing but when i want an opinion on a game, i come here and post asking for one, and i usually get quite a few. Plus the majority of posters are familiar and i feel i can take their word for a game instead od seeing Joe-Schmoe's review of it

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

This discussion has been closed.