Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Manipulation of the hype system..."

KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

So is this game going to get its hype reset? All the gw2 fanboys blindly rated it 1.

Comments

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

Originally posted by Korby

So is this game going to get its hype reset? All the gw2 fanboys blindly rated it 1.

Im a GW2 fanboy and I rated it 9. If it had persistent world PvP with territorial control I'd give it a 10 just like what i gave to GW2.

Firefall is cool, it's next gen, goodbye questing and static pre-written content type of a game. I'd say that the old school themepark mmo fans would be more likely to give FF a bad hype rating.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

It shows as number 4 on the hype chart....if it was manipulated at 1....wouldn't it be off the chart altogether?

Also...why was it GW2 fanboi's that killed it? i'm not saying your wrong, i'm just wondering where that statement came from.

If anything, a minimum vote count should be placed on each game before it can go on the hypemeter, say...100 votes or something, so that one person can't give it a 10 and it be on top of all the others.

To me that seems the way to balance it. My two cents.

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• twodayslatetwodayslate Member Posts: 724

The thing has been at 8.05 all day, ever since this thread started and I decided to check the game info page.

• CacophanistCacophanist Member Posts: 100

Originally posted by Pilnkplonk

Im a GW2 fanboy and I rated it 9. If it had persistent world PvP with territorial control I'd give it a 10 just like what i gave to GW2.

Firefall is cool, it's next gen, goodbye questing and static pre-written content type of a game. I'd say that the old school themepark mmo fans would be more likely to give FF a bad hype rating.

LOL if you think that you are getting a persistent world PvP with territorial control in GW 2 then you have a big let down waiting for you! It is more like an instanced EQ clone with nice graphics and shite gameplay.

Firefall is a totally different story - come on beta keys !!!

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Ditto here, right down to the ratings.  Don't be an ass, OP.  We're not out to get you.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

A hype meter is there for people to express their opinion of a game, without playing it or seeing any real information about the game. It's just as valid for a GW2 'Fanboy' to rate it a 1 as it is for a Firefall 'Fanboy' to rate it a 10.

Unless someone involved with GW2 or Firefall told their playerbase to come here and manipulate the numbers, whatever hype number Firefall gets is a 'valid' number.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Happens to every game.

(Except for Dragona which seems to be manipulated upwards).

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by Cacophanist

LOL if you think that you are getting a persistent world PvP with territorial control in GW 2 then you have a big let down waiting for you! It is more like an instanced EQ clone with nice graphics and shite gameplay.

Spoken like a true fanboi of Firefall with absolutely no knowledge of GW2.  He was referring to WvWvW 2 week long battles, by the way.

I haven't voted yet on Firefall hype, but I assure you that the more Firefall fans I run into that act like YOU....the more likely I am to choose a lower number because it looks like the community in the game is going to suck.  Firefall looks great on every other level.

@Korby

I'd also like to know how the GW2 fans get blamed for Firefall having a low hype meter rating??  That's just ignorantly absurd.  There are a lot of people on this site, but somehow you think GW2 fans, in some sort of twisted conspiracy, rated your game low?  WTF?  I'm with the guy above that said "don't be an ass....we're not out to get you."  Paranoid much?

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Originally posted by lizardbones

Unless someone involved with GW2 or Firefall told their playerbase to come here and manipulate the numbers, whatever hype number Firefall gets is a 'valid' number.

That !

• UnlightUnlight Member Posts: 2,540

Speaking of fanbois.  It's pretty pathetic that you're so desperate to defend your little square of computer gaming paradise that you'll happily dump on the opinions of someone who's defending it with you.  How very sad and foolish.

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

Originally posted by Unlight

Speaking of fanbois.  It's pretty pathetic that you're so desperate to defend your little square of computer gaming paradise that you'll happily dump on the opinions of someone who's defending it with you.  How very sad and foolish.

Yeah saw that too lol. Pretty sad.