Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is there a community ???

Because the lack of interesting MMOs out there, i looked around and wondered, how Earthrise is doing month after its rough release.

So i went to the website, but didn't find any videos, which shows actual gameplay or features. Even after using google and visiting youtube i didn't find any videos of actual gameplay, which aren't from january/february. ( Except some pretty short and boring videos without any sound, from a guy which might be a bot )

Is there no community left, which might fraps some cool or funny pvp-fights ? Or trying to lure some new players and frapsing a newbie-guide ?

I even wonder, if this game is still alive, because the devs don't seem to try to get new players. Updating the website with some nice screenshots and videos would be a good start to do so.

Comments

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57

there are plenty of nice vids out there, and most of them are made by Adun. Here is the latest and it´s about a week old. Do check out his other vids as well. Very helpfull some of them, and also nicely done. The community aren´t that big atm. But hopefully it will pick up once they sort out some bugs and start adverticing the free trial.

• CursedseiCursedsei Member Posts: 1,012

I wouldn't really recommend that specific video. It was made in response against the annoying whinings of a forum troll-like bugger on the Earthrise forums. I can't speak much on the game's current community though, I was a member of the community back before release. What little I saw of the game during then never got me to buy it.

Doesn't sound like much of a community exists though. The major issue is the bugged beginner quests right at the beginning of the game from what I've gathered, doesn't exactly leave a good taste in new players mouths.

Originally posted by Cursedsei

I wouldn't really recommend that specific video. It was made in response against the annoying whinings of a forum troll-like bugger on the Earthrise forums. I can't speak much on the game's current community though, I was a member of the community back before release. What little I saw of the game during then never got me to buy it.

Doesn't sound like much of a community exists though. The major issue is the bugged beginner quests right at the beginning of the game from what I've gathered, doesn't exactly leave a good taste in new players mouths.

No, it´s was made when knar, the leader of New Dawn called out Adun and Ceremony that they couldn´t kill him using other weapons then melee. Well, all that saw that video saw how that went for knar. But your right that he is one annoying MF. :P I would wait to test the game once they release the next patch that should come next week. It should solve alot of problems, and also getting new peeps new starting Qs. The game itself is really good, but MHS hasn´t made it easy to like em...

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

Its a buggy glitchfest.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Originally posted by punchrx

Its a buggy glitchfest.

This also. When I tried to ask questions of players passing by no one would help or answer questions. I tried to use "global" chat but no one wanted to answer questions "except learn the game noob". I played the game for 5 days and quit. This was about 3-4 months ago.

***Fires plungers at Mashead studios for releasing a very buggy game!**

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Its a buggy glitchfest.

This also. When I tried to ask questions of players passing by no one would help or answer questions. I tried to use "global" chat but no one wanted to answer questions "except learn the game noob". I played the game for 5 days and quit. This was about 3-4 months ago.

It actually ain´t that bad. And if you tried it 3-4 months ago the game was dead. It was before they got Territorial Warfare out and people came back to check it out. But 3-4 months ago it was only TGM and their alliance that played. So you sure picked the wrong time to test the game. Give the Free Trial a chance once they get the new patch out next week. I was one of them that also stopped playing after release, but when i came back after TW-patch, it was more a less a new game. Didn´t have any lag issues etc. It was a totally new game. Right now there are some bugged weapon skills, TW-timers and starting Qs that are bugged. But it´s far from unplayable. Just skip the starting Qs as a new player and use the weapon/skills that aint bugged. Most aren´t. So judging the state of the game now, from your 3-4 months ago experience is just wrong...

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Saunakiller

Originally posted by RavingRabbid

Its a buggy glitchfest.

It actually ain´t that bad. And if you tried it 3-4 months ago the game was dead. It was before they got Territorial Warfare out and people came back to check it out. But 3-4 months ago it was only TGM and their alliance that played. So you sure picked the wrong time to test the game. Give the Free Trial a chance once they get the new patch out next week. I was one of them that also stopped playing after release, but when i came back after TW-patch, it was more a less a new game. Didn´t have any lag issues etc. It was a totally new game. Right now there are some bugged weapon skills, TW-timers and starting Qs that are bugged. But it´s far from unplayable. Just skip the starting Qs as a new player and use the weapon/skills that aint bugged. Most aren´t. So judging the state of the game now, from your 3-4 months ago experience is just wrong...

Less than a month ago the game was a glitchy mess with more than 0 players. My character got stuck running (had to restart the game), got stuck in non-combat mode (had to swim in the ocean) and had trouble chatting because of the 30 second lag between sending a message and having it show up (no fix). Changing graphics settings resulted in a yellow screen (had to reset the graphics) and I think that was about it. The stuff that did work wasn't good enough to overcome the horrible flaws in the game (for me).

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• tom_goretom_gore Member UncommonPosts: 2,001

10 second delay on a chat?

What the hell? Do they use telegraphs?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by lizardbones

Less than a month ago the game was a glitchy mess with more than 0 players. My character got stuck running (had to restart the game), got stuck in non-combat mode (had to swim in the ocean) and had trouble chatting because of the 30 second lag between sending a message and having it show up (no fix). Changing graphics settings resulted in a yellow screen (had to reset the graphics) and I think that was about it. The stuff that did work wasn't good enough to overcome the horrible flaws in the game (for me).

This is YOUR experience. Most of the people I pay with and against don´t have these issues that you write about here. Sure the chat has a delay, but its 10 seconds not 30. And seems like you have issues with your graphic card, cause that thing with yellow screen from changing settings I haven´t even heard of. Try to use new drivers for your card next time. But if these things and a restart was enough for you quitting the game I think you have the patience of a 5 year old...

I spent the better part of a week trying to play the game. I also played through the beta and the initial release. My experience is that they made zero progress. The game was worse a couple months after release than it was in beta.

I would recommend anyone who wants to play this game get a free trial to see if it actually runs or if you can tolerate the issues.

** ranting follows, stop here if you don't want to see any ranting **

Portal, Portal 2, Half Life 2, Global Agenda, Rift, Deux Ex, Wrath of Heroes (beta), Picaroon, Age of Mythology, Starcraft II, Alice: Madness Returns, World of Tanks, Fallen Earth, APB: Reloaded, Plants vs Zombies, Myst Online URU Live, From Dust, Left 4 Dead II, Team Fortress 2, Nancy Drew: The Captive Curse (for my daughter), Star Trek Online, Champions Online, Age of Conan and World of Warcraft* all work fine. Not mention various web browsers, media players and development environments all work as expected.

If every other game I play doesn't require me to restart my computer to play and if every other game I play doesn't give me a yellow screen when I change graphic settings in the game, then the issue is with Earthrise, not with my machine.

Why can't they get their chat to work right? EVERYONE has functional chat. Everyone. The cr@ppiest, cr@ptastic games I've ever played still had working chat.

The problem with all this is that they are charging money for the game. You have to buy it to experience it full time. I would strongly recommend anyone who wants to play this game get a free trial before committing.

* Perpetuum (beta, live), Bioshock, Dead Space, Fallout 3 and Black Prophecy (beta) ran fine as well. DCUO did not run fine, but there was an issue with AMD's drivers and the Unreal engine. Which was fixed, but DCUO wasn't all that much fun to play.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261

there are plenty of nice vids out there, and most of them are made by Adun. Here is the latest and it´s about a week old. Do check out his other vids as well. Very helpfull some of them, and also nicely done. The community aren´t that big atm. But hopefully it will pick up once they sort out some bugs and start adverticing the free trial.

That was an excellent video of the only two people playing Earthrise lagging out an empty zone that looks like it was made in Minecraft.

What a massive steaming turd that game turned out to be. 

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Cut out the personal attacks and baiting guys. Thanks.

• AdunAdun Member UncommonPosts: 70

These forums are a bit pointless to defend a game in as they're mostly frequented by migratory MMO players looking for something only their imagination (or wanker) can fulfill. Lizard's problems in particular may be seen by like 1% of the population yet it's what people have to go by on here. If you want to see how the game really plays, check out the videos and livestreams out there.

Here is my Youtube ER channel which I try to update every one or two months with a new ER video:

http://www.youtube.com/user/AdunEARTHRISE

And here is my livestream channel which has some documentary evidence of how the game runs:

http://www.twitch.tv/adun_earthrise

Keep in mind since I'm recording most of the visuals are turned way down. If you want to see the game on relatively high settings check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f8VxYTrokF4&hd=1

Really looks like "minecraft", huh?

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file