Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars: Feb. Beta Weekend Event Pushed

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

We have just received word from ArenaNet that they will be pushing back the scheduled Beta Weekend Event for February.  Originally planned for the weekend of 2/4/05 - it will now be on 2/18/05 starting at 12:01AM PST.

The reason they are doing this is to add something totally fresh to the event.  They will be unveiling the new region of "Tyria".  So what's cool about this new area?  You get to see Ascalon as it existed before it was decimated by the Charr. You get to learn more about the backgrounds of characters who will play important roles in the storyline. And the region is very free-form, with a lot to explore and a large number of quests in which to participate. In this region, the player has the option to race forward quickly to get to the main story, or to stay and linger, making friends with villagers and discovering lots of hidden content. We're excited about this new region and can't wait for everyone to see it!

NOTE: This will not have any effect on the drawing date of our latest Guild Wars contest.  We will still draw the round 1 winners on Feb 1, 2005 @ 9PMEST.

In related news, due to the popularity of the official Guild Wars Emblem Contest - they will be extending the closing date of this contest to Feb 17, 2005.  The winners will now be announced by March 4, 2005.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• GrybanGryban Member Posts: 2

is it true? I can't see any official statement from arena.net about this.

Would be a bit to late for all people who have to work on weekends and wanted the first WE free. (me for example!!) If its true I can sit bored in my chair on the first WE and have to work the full WE when the BWE starts. :P

• cooldevocooldevo Member Posts: 371

Personally, I don't like it when companies delay releasing something I really anticipate.

But from what arena.net and ncsoft seem to be doing, I don't mind it as much.  If they need more time to better tweak some new content, then so be it.  That will mean the final product will be that much better.  This company actually proves they listen to their fans, so I'm going to put some trust into what they say/do.  If they'll listen to us, I'll listen to them.

And this is a beta after all, they can change things as the choose, after all it's their product and we are volunteering to help them.  We are NOT here to play this game as if it were a final release.  We chose to help them when they needed us, and they are just postponing our help by a bit so they can put out more complete program.