Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo III - Yes!

SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Can't wait!

Comments

• zethcarnzethcarn Member UncommonPosts: 1,558

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  But whatever...can't wait for this game!

• JuggerzJuggerz Member UncommonPosts: 76

now for the release date.... waiting....

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Originally posted by zethcarn

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  

Doesn't really matter, cause its not like other MMOs are much different.  Mostly solo, and everyone gets funneled into instances to play in small groups...

As for the release date, I'm still banking on Feb 29th 2012, with an announcement at this year's Blizzcon!

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Originally posted by Juggerz

now for the release date.... waiting....

Don't worry! It'll definitely be released some time in 2XXX!

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

Originally posted by Khrymson

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  

Doesn't really matter, cause its not like other MMOs are much different.  Mostly solo, and everyone gets funneled into instances to play in small groups...

As for the release date, I'm still banking on Feb 29th 2012, with an announcement at this year's Blizzcon!

Well I can't agrue with that, it's true.  I also agree with your estimation on the release date..considering their betas are 4-6 months.

• VarthanderVarthander Member UncommonPosts: 466

Originally posted by Elidien

Next WOW expansion and Diablo 3 release date are givens for Blizzcon. I also expect Starcraft 2 expansion to be announced.

I think they will tease Titan but nothing major - no trailers or footage. We may get genre and style of game. The details will be next Blizzcon I think.

Another wow expansion... really?

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

Anyone seen my leg?

Thanks,

Wirt

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

They really just need to change the name of this site to RPG.com.   RPG.com applies to ALL rpgs whether they are MMOs or NOT, and that way there would be no more question about "what kind of games" deserve to have forums.

Anxious for D3, can't wait to grow me up another sorc, it's been sooooo long.  Oh the memories and the memories of deaths and cows and cows and deaths.

I also intend to play Torchlight.  Even though the games are similar, D3 is much darker, less colorful cartoony in graphic design and they play differently as well.  But, since they're both good dungeon crawlers in their own right.....I think I need to play both.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

Originally posted by DarkPony

Anyone seen my leg?

Thanks,

Wirt

Dear Wirt,

I'm using it at the moment, but I swear I'll return it some day.

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830

Originally posted by Varthander

Next WOW expansion and Diablo 3 release date are givens for Blizzcon. I also expect Starcraft 2 expansion to be announced.

I think they will tease Titan but nothing major - no trailers or footage. We may get genre and style of game. The details will be next Blizzcon I think.

You didnt hear? Azeroth will be abliterated except for a little chunk of astroid that Goldshire will be sitting on.

Originally posted by Falcomith

You didnt hear? Azeroth will be abliterated except for a little chunk of astroid that Goldshire will be sitting on.

And people will continue to "role-play" there.

• NeikoNeiko Member UncommonPosts: 626

Anyone seen my leg?

Thanks,

Wirt

Sorry, I needed it to go to the moo moo farm and kill the cow king.

p.s. When did you come back alive?

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Blizzard said there would be two more and if you believe the leaked product schedule, it has two more on the list. The list has been exceedingly accurate too by the way.

Drunk pandas. The next expansion is drunk pandas doing Kung Fu.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Meh Imma get Torchlight 2 insted, its closer to diablo 2 and doesn't feel like a console game like diablo 3 might, it also is modable, and has offline and lan play. Has more features over diablo 3 as well from what I heard, oh and the best thing? no bullshit rmt AH crap, or forced online only gameplay.

The more I read about diablo 3 the less interested in it I got, the rmt AH and online only gameplay was the final nail in the coffin for me. I like my games to be modable. and since d3 is online only you can forget mods (Blizz even said so bascally in one interview), which means it has very little replay value like your typical console rpg, twice maybe fun but the 3rd time it'll just be boring as hell, where as torchlight 2 will have mod support that can totally change the gameplay experence.

This is the same reason I wouldn't buy Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout NV for/on a console. its far better on a PC due to modability, same for borderlands, Deus Ex, Dead Island, all are far superior on PC to their console counterparts due solely to the modding community adding stuff. Since diablo 3 probally can't be modded its just not worth my time or money to buy it.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Originally posted by Siveria

Meh Imma get Torchlight 2 insted, its closer to diablo 2 and doesn't feel like a console game like diablo 3 might, it also is modable, and has offline and lan play. Has more features over diablo 3 as well from what I heard, oh and the best thing? no bullshit rmt AH crap, or forced online only gameplay.

The more I read about diablo 3 the less interested in it I got, the rmt AH and online only gameplay was the final nail in the coffin for me. I like my games to be modable. and since d3 is online only you can forget mods (Blizz even said so bascally in one interview), which means it has very little replay value like your typical console rpg, twice maybe fun but the 3rd time it'll just be boring as hell, where as torchlight 2 will have mod support that can totally change the gameplay experence.

This is the same reason I wouldn't buy Skyrim, Fallout 3, Oblivion, Fallout NV for/on a console. its far better on a PC due to modability, same for borderlands, Deus Ex, Dead Island, all are far superior on PC to their console counterparts due solely to the modding community adding stuff. Since diablo 3 probally can't be modded its just not worth my time or money to buy it.

Aside from a select FEW games, what has modding done to really improve replay value?  Every little Fallout 3 mod I see just includes new guns and new naked chicks.  If changing the character and weapon models really gives you a whole new reason to play I have no way to relate to you.

I've yet to see a legit excuse or argument against the real money auction house.  It isn't required by any means to play the game.  Players can and have always been buying gold from farm sites, what's the difference between buying gold, and then buying items off normal auction house and real money auction house?  Either way real money is buying the item...  Diablo 3 is a B2P (buy 2 play) game and they're offering online server and security for your characters "free" ... Maybe a penny or two from real auction house is a way to help cover costs?

Blizzard has by far been the very best game developer on the planet.  You might not like their games as much as others but the quality has been top notch since day one. 

TBH I feel like the only people really complaining about this real money auction house are likely people w/o jobs or the ability to use it.  And those people (without jobs) will have the time to farm the gear that other people who have jobs and are willing to spend money on the auction house would be buying.  Seems simple to me:

No job, bitch about real money auction house...  Yet have the time to not need to use it anyway

Have job, not bitching about real money auction house...  maybe want to use it

• KanethKaneth Member RarePosts: 2,286

Originally posted by Painlezz

Aside from a select FEW games, what has modding done to really improve replay value?  Every little Fallout 3 mod I see just includes new guns and new naked chicks.  If changing the character and weapon models really gives you a whole new reason to play I have no way to relate to you.

I've yet to see a legit excuse or argument against the real money auction house.  It isn't required by any means to play the game.  Players can and have always been buying gold from farm sites, what's the difference between buying gold, and then buying items off normal auction house and real money auction house?  Either way real money is buying the item...  Diablo 3 is a B2P (buy 2 play) game and they're offering online server and security for your characters "free" ... Maybe a penny or two from real auction house is a way to help cover costs?

Blizzard has by far been the very best game developer on the planet.  You might not like their games as much as others but the quality has been top notch since day one. 

TBH I feel like the only people really complaining about this real money auction house are likely people w/o jobs or the ability to use it.  And those people (without jobs) will have the time to farm the gear that other people who have jobs and are willing to spend money on the auction house would be buying.  Seems simple to me:

No job, bitch about real money auction house...  Yet have the time to not need to use it anyway

Even better, someone without a real job could turn D3 into a job. Farm up all sorts of gear, and sell it on the RMT AH and make actual money. I have a friend who is planning on turning D3 into a part-time job of sorts.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Well that OP was detailed.

• BigjitBigjit Member Posts: 59

I have a job. Have for  20 years. I'm bitching about it and will not buy the game because of it.

TBH I think the only people who aren't bitching about the RMT in Diablo 3 are very short sighted people who don't realize the implications this has for games down the road. What path might these dev's lead us down? If this is successful (and I have no doubts it likely will be) do the suits then try this with every  new game coming out? What's next? They are slowly trying to  lead us down a path. I'm not going there.

You've seen no arguments about why it's bad? Well, why is it good? Who is it good for? Blizzard that's who. This has nothing to do with Blizzard wanting to help their player base from making transactions with seedy websites a thing of the past. This has everything with Blizzard wanting to cap as much money as they can every month. Tell me, do you think people will magically stop buying from places other than the RMT auction house? People go where ever the prices are lowest. They will still have all the same issues they said they had before. It's only about Blizzard and it's wallet. Don't think other wise or your just lying to yourself.

• NormikeNormike Member Posts: 436

Originally posted by precious328

Can't wait!

I don't know why it's so funny to me. You're not interested in WoW 2.0 but you are interested in Diablo 3.0 

>.>

<.<

And you put a banner in your sig in big bold letters to tell everybody...

Is someone trying to force you to play SWTOR?

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

I'm surprised it got it's own forum considering it's not an MMO.  But whatever...can't wait for this game!

MMORPG

Massivly - Yup, lots and lots of people will be playing Diablo 3

Multiplayer - Yup, in fact ONLY multiplayer

Online - Yup!

Role - For sure bro!

Playing - Yup!

Game - yup!

Looks like an MMORPG to me!  They added League of Legends and HoN I think?  Among other titles.  Guildwars 1 is not an MMO by the standards that Diablo 3 isn't...  If no one considers it an MMO, no one will use the forums here for it, and won't matter anyway!

• Mondo80Mondo80 Member UncommonPosts: 194

WTF is with this WOW 2.o crap I keep seeing?  WoW has re-invented itself 2.5 times already. Jewelcrafting and sockets were nice to have in BC, but with the addition of glyphs, dual specs, the crossserver PVP and LFG tool it really became a new animal with the Lich King.  The core game were completely overhauled with Cataclysm.

So its not WOW 2.0 its WOW 4.something

If you are implying on how new games coming out with similar features to WOW and calling them WOW 2.0, you are a moron.

Also the Real Money Tranaction auction house is optional, there will be another that uses in-game gold.

• redcap036redcap036 Member UncommonPosts: 1,230

Anyone seen my leg?

Thanks,

Wirt

Last I saw it was in a London underground train station, some kid had it.

Hope that helps.

• WhySoShortWhySoShort Member Posts: 315

MMORPG

Massivly - Yup, lots and lots of people will be playing Diablo 3

Multiplayer - Yup, in fact ONLY multiplayer

Online - Yup!

Role - For sure bro!

Playing - Yup!

Game - yup!

Looks like an MMORPG to me!  They added League of Legends and HoN I think?  Among other titles.  Guildwars 1 is not an MMO by the standards that Diablo 3 isn't...  If no one considers it an MMO, no one will use the forums here for it, and won't matter anyway!

I really get tired of telling people this. Massively and multiplayer are not two separate qualifications. Massively is an adjective attached to multiplayer. An MMORPG isn't massively and multiplayer, it's massively multiplayer. In other words, there are hundreds of people wandering around doing their own thing that can choose to have nothing to do with you.

And I would be glad to kick GW off the site if Diablo 3 went as well.  

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Mondo80

WTF is with this WOW 2.o crap I keep seeing?  WoW has re-invented itself 2.5 times already. Jewelcrafting and sockets were nice to have in BC, but with the addition of glyphs, dual specs, the crossserver PVP and LFG tool it really became a new animal with the Lich King.  The core game were completely overhauled with Cataclysm.

So its not WOW 2.0 its WOW 4.something

If you are implying on how new games coming out with similar features to WOW and calling them WOW 2.0, you are a moron.

Also the Real Money Tranaction auction house is optional, there will be another that uses in-game gold.

Adding features does not mean a game has been reinvented.  All of WoW is considered to be WoW 1.0.  Just like EQ2 isnt called EQ6 or 8 or 10.  

• TheCrow2kTheCrow2k Member Posts: 953

Surely you jest ? Mods extend the life of single player & multiplayer through various means.

Quake - plethora of mods

Halflife - plethora of mods, Counterstrike is still kicking.

Morrowind - graphics overhaul mod

Oblivion - graphics overhaul mod

Torchlight - graphics overhaul mod

Neverwinter Night 1 & 2 - Community content packs, persistant worlds & entire edventures.

And the list goes on and on really those 5 were straight off the top of my head. Graphics overhaul mods extend the shelf life of games, people still pick these games up on steam today & then apply the overhaul mods to make them feel more current generation. Games that have a multiplayer component & do not allow modifications usually find they have a very short shelf life.

NWN1 is still alive & kicking with a strong community, why ? because it allows modification and the reason NWN2 community never got as big was because it stifled modifications.