Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for Good Sandbox

gekkothegreygekkothegrey Member Posts: 236

I am looking for a good sandbox game. The only problem I have is the only sandbox games I have ever played that auctaly had other ppl playing them was EvE and SWG. Eve I know is great but I just could not get into it, and SWG well ya we all know what freakin sony is doing to that. I have tried xyson and a tale in the desert yet both of thouse did not have many ppl playing them. Looking for some suggestions.

Comments

• twstdstrangetwstdstrange Member Posts: 474

I'd suggest Ultima Online.

You'd probably have more luck if you check out the LFGame forum on this site, though.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

I heard Dawntide being promising as upcoming sandbox title (I think its in open beta atm), also Fallen earth. Darkfall and Mortal Online should not be taken as sandboxes but rather online FFA PvP games, the later being bugged to hell but the first one being a decent choice if you enjoy PvP.

• NaowutNaowut Member UncommonPosts: 663

Dawntide will launch October 1st. Its currently in open beta so you can check it out for free.

On release you dont have to buy a box, only a 8$ sub.

You can also check out Wurm online, with the new server Ive seen over 1k players online.

• olepiolepi Member EpicPosts: 2,829

Take a look at Ryzom. It is all skill based, very heavy on harvesting/crafting, and is a great sandbox game.

------------
    2024: 47 years on the Net.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Perpetuum has eve like mechanics but is mechs on a planet
  • vectrexevovectrexevo Member UncommonPosts: 167

Wurm online so far is the best real sandbox game right know thats any good..  It's cheap to play, and you can spend hours and hours and hours and hours digging and building...

• vladwwvladww Member UncommonPosts: 417

Originally posted by vectrexevo

Wurm online so far is the best real sandbox game right know thats any good..  It's cheap to play, and you can spend hours and hours and hours and hours digging and building...

/agree

Wurm is the true sandbox king :

Many updates, rising population,

2 new servers opening this week

Playing : Uncharted Waters Online

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Originally posted by psyknx

Dawntide will launch October 1st. Its currently in open beta so you can check it out for free.

On release you dont have to buy a box, only a 8$ sub.

You can also check out Wurm online, with the new server Ive seen over 1k players online.

IF you dont mind EQ style graphics and interface style then you might enjoy dawntide as it will have a lot of good sandbox stuff..

Even tho its realeasing on the 1st of october to me its basicalyl still in early beta testing, but i guess they need to make money..

Sadly for me I feel that in 2011 the games I play should look like a modern game with nice graphics.. hell here is a reason i spend so much on PC hardware LOL :)

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991

Another vote for Wurm. Just suffer through the tutorial and sink your teeth into the actual game. It's huge, open and 100% player made/changed.

Joined - July 2004