Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Full Review" now up at MMOHUT

13»

Comments

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

I don't see how this can qualify as a 'full review' when the reviewer apparently spent only a few minutes in the game and didn't even try to figure things out after becoming midly frustrated. You can't give a responsible review of a game if you don't play it long enough to, at the VERY least, understand how to play it. Sure, it is a difficult game to grasp, but there are tutorials in the game that explain many of the things that were so mind-boggling to this person. If they had bothered to read a little bit of the help section, they would have known how to rest, how to use their mining/woodcutting skills, etc. This person didn't even bother to try... absolute crap review.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

Originally posted by osmunda

"Oh, press H for help. I don't want to do that"      3:25

"i'm not really sure how to do things. and this isn't really doing a good job kind of explaining it."   5:13

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4401212#4401212

Just a quick reminder. This is the same person that didn't want to press "h" for help, then complained about the lack of help less than 2 minutes later.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4401533#4401533

Also, could  you point out why this merits a second thread. From the two places I quoted a month ago, it doesn't seem like there is any notable change from the review as discussed a month ago.  Without any new information, this looks like a duplicate thread being used to rehash a negative review.

Uhh.. It isnt the same person. Omer did the first look videos and a completely different person wrote the review.

Get it straight.

• ToferioToferio Member UncommonPosts: 1,411

Originally posted by SlyLoK

Originally posted by osmunda

Uhh.. It isnt the same person. Omer did the first look videos and a completely different person wrote the review.

Get it straight.

Pretty much this ^

Omars impression was pretty bad, but this review is decent.

• PeckusPeckus Member Posts: 138

Originally posted by Deleted User

Full review is now up following last months "First Look" video.

http://mmohuts.com/free-trials/mortal-online

Final Verdict: Poor

Mortal Online is troubled by a clunky, glitchy UI, a sparse population, a terrible starting experience, and a frankly un-fun design, in my opinion.  If a PVP-centric, first-person glitchfest is up your alley, by all means, have a go at it.  As of July of 2011, the game is still buggy, and many features (such as housing, hunger, etc.) are not functional, or functioning improperly.  The game would be much better if it at least TRIED to make itself fun in the first hour of play, but the newbie experience is so confusing and half-assed, few people are going to have the patience to stick around – and people are what make an MMORPG work.

Spot on review

Spamming "Post Report" Tool
    ...but if you spam or abuse the report tool, penalties will apply.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Lets stay on topic guys. Thanks!