Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is Happening to MMORPG.com

I post a question on a game and no one answers.  True for other posts. Have you lost participants?  I really miss the great discussion.

Comments

• Rikimaru_XRikimaru_X Member UncommonPosts: 11,718

I personally couldn't tell you...well I could.

-In memory of Laura "Taera" Genender. Passed away on Aug/13/08-
    |
    RISING DRAGOON ~AION US ONLINE LEGION for Elyos

• frodusfrodus Member Posts: 2,396

I would tell u but theirs no one around to read it.

Trade in material assumptions for spiritual facts and make permanent progress.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Moderation has gone through the roof.

*this post will be deleted soon.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• blazin-aceblazin-ace Member Posts: 302

Looking at your list of recent posts, I can say that the game forums you are frequenting are not very popular with the site's current user base. I've never played Forsaken World. Otherwise, I've no idea what might be the reason unless your posted question is somehow unclear or circular to a reader.

• GrammieGrammie Member Posts: 68

That makes sense.  I have had to repost stuff.  Forsaken world is not the only post I have done, Blazin.  I don't go to this site much because of the lack of response.  Maybe moderators need to back off.

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Originally posted by pyrofreak

OMG... your post survived!!!  While Dekron's and another's didn't.  image

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Originally posted by Vato26

Originally posted by pyrofreak

OMG... your post survived!!!  While Dekron's and another's didn't.  image

Haha yeah, I saw those posts while browsing on my phone at lunch.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

There is a fine line between keeping the advertiser happy and keeping the customers (us!) happy.  Who will buy the advertisers product (games) if there isn’t traffic. I know traffic is down because there are dramatically fewer responses to questions.  You had something good going before.  Management needs to re-assess your directions before you destroy the business.

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555

Originally posted by Grammie

There is a fine line between keeping the advertiser happy and keeping the customers (us!) happy.  Who will buy the advertisers product (games) if there isn’t traffic. I know traffic is down because there are dramatically fewer responses to questions.  You had something good going before.  Management needs to re-assess your directions before you destroy the business.

Traffic is not down, actually. Not even close. :)

Hmm... traffic not down.  Well, there has been a change and the people who responded to my question agree.  You are the expert...

• ray12kray12k Member UncommonPosts: 487

the site has BeeN MOD TO Death. Everything offends the new members lol  I think most people dont want to waist their time... PG content is just ghey....

I am no tnew.  I used to frequent the site often.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

I don't think the moderation has gotten stricter. In fact, I think they've been trying to loosen up and let some discussions run their course. For proof, see the big 'Hope this ends the controversey' thread in the SW:ToR forums (which, btw, ended up being the most ironic post title ever).

And it's been ages since I've been slapped on the wrist, and I literally (yes, LITERALLY) spew out nonsensical mish-mash. Case in point.