Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Starvault FINALLY recruiting testers

Cyde77Cyde77 Member UncommonPosts: 101

http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/66846-testers-needed.html

Only a year and thousands of subs late, maybe finally we'll start seeing successful patches released and some improvement in the game. I hope they choose the right people for the job, people like psychobilly who used to report bugs frequently.

Comments

• pockets666pockets666 Member Posts: 198

Originally posted by Cyde77

Only a year and thousands of subs late, maybe finally we'll start seeing successful patches released and some improvement in the game. I hope they choose the right people for the job, people like psychobilly who used to report bugs frequently.

I know right??  The problem with SV is they shoot themselves in the foot and then they decide to do something proactive.  Testers or not I still think it is not only that h9olding SV back they just do not know how to code. 

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

If they can't fix the problems having a longer list of them does nothing.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• infamouswhoisinfamouswhois Member Posts: 185

Originally posted by Benthon

what he said

• Kaynos1972Kaynos1972 Member Posts: 2,316

Like 20 testers is going to change anything.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

20 is better than zero... but seriously?   Isn't this supposed to be a MASSIVELY multiplayer game?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Originally posted by Slapshot1188

20 is better than zero... but seriously?   Isn't this supposed to be a MASSIVELY multiplayer game?

20 is actually a big slice of any online population of MO lol.

Also

Send a message via Skype™ to princereaper

Quote:

Originally Posted by deathshroud View Post

I just think it really adds meaning to guild expansion and having a respectable number of guild members as oppossed to all these 5-10 man guilds we seewhich have no real relevance in the political field.

i think like 99% of the server current guild numbers is like 5-10 members lol

main characters: kurozuka & churchhill

My avatar pic is going to brainwash you.

Ghost division recruitment----open-----

I agree with the population most guilds are tiny. 

Where is that surge the bots were talking abouit???  OH yeah right there was none according to the financials.

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

Well if anybody believed SV when they said they had a proper testing process, we all know that they basically said themselves that they are full of shit.

• HanoverZHanoverZ Member Posts: 1,239

Who are they really going to recruit? The majority of the remaining players are the diehard fans whom dont see the games current issues. They've had the entire player base as testers up to this point, not sure how lowering it to 20 is going to help.

I win!!! LOL@U

• MeltdownMeltdown Member UncommonPosts: 1,183

Originally posted by Benthon

There is a bit more involved with just finding issues for testers. However depending on who they recruit they may find themselves with only a longer list as you suggest. I for one would be submitting so many polish defects that they would all be at the bottom of said list and will never get touched. 

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Who are they really going to recruit? The majority of the remaining players are the diehard fans whom dont see the games current issues. They've had the entire player base as testers up to this point, not sure how lowering it to 20 is going to help.

I have to agree.  After a big patch when people were bitching and moaning in IRC about public testers.  I would always stand up for SV and  say "MO has hundreds of testers, we are the testers now get out there and find them bugs".   MO patches is bugemon gotta catch em all!

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

it is a good move by sv, to recruit some testers which should have been done quite a while ago. Hopefully this will mean the territory control patch will have signifciantly less bugs than revious patches.

I would apply myself but i feel as though i have little experience being an active tester, even during the mo beta i did most of my time palying instead of actively searching for bugs so i doubt i would be of much use to the community or sv as a patch tester. I jsut hope the right people for the job are chosen.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

Originally posted by deathshroud

it is a good move by sv, to recruit some testers which should have been done quite a while ago. Hopefully this will

They supposedly expanded the whole testing process long ago...

Something about a Team of Testers so this type of thing wont happen again???  We've been down this road more than once and it always leads to the same spot.

I win!!! LOL@U

• Excalaber2Excalaber2 Member UncommonPosts: 360

Originally posted by pockets666

Originally posted by Cyde77

I know right??  The problem with SV is they shoot themselves in the foot and then they decide to do something proactive.  Testers or not I still think it is not only that h9olding SV back they just do not know how to code. 

I see this as something completely re-active.  As opposed to being a delayed pro-active move.  They have always seemed reactive to me.  Which is very very unfortunate.  "Don't fix it until it becomes a massive widespread issue" type of mentality.  Which leads to bandaid fixes.

Disclaimer: This is not a troll post and is not here to promote any negative energy. Although this may be a criticism, it is not meant to offend anyone. If a moderator feels the post is inappropriate, please remove it immediately before it is subject to consideration for a warning. Thank you.

I dont think this is anything new, its like their other recruitment threads for Mods,GM.Conselor. Just filling open spots as people move on. Henriks claimed to have a testing team for a while. I doubt there will be any changes in patch "quality".

I win!!! LOL@U

• HerculesSASHerculesSAS Member Posts: 1,272

When you disable and delete the bug tracker, and make your primary way of reporting bugs to PM some community person who was missing in action for 3 weeks, then you show your seriousness towards bugfixing.

The entire game is a bug, it's going to be hard to rectify so much bad code.

Aren't most of the issues "Epics Fault"? How would internal testers help with external problems?

I win!!! LOL@U

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

This thread made me laugh. Testers, isn't this what they needed in alpha/beta... Oh wait... It's -still- is beta! They're just alittle behind schedule.

This had potential, I suspect they just had too large of ambitions for a tiny indie without the experience to manage. I love the idea of indies, have always been a intellectual supporter of them (as I despise big-business in general for the soul-less shills they are), but increasingly it seems to becoming apparent that these games are too big, too complex for small indie developers to manage. Maybe I'm wrong, I sincerely hope so! The idea that it's only going to be the big-money companies who have no innovations (except so very rarely) to speak of, who will be making these games.

• SHOE788SHOE788 Member Posts: 700

Originally posted by HanoverZ

Aren't most of the issues "Epics Fault"? How would internal testers help with external problems?

Here here, don't forget to blame World of Warcraft and volcanoes.

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916

Originally posted by saker

<snip>

... but increasingly it seems to becoming apparent that these games are too big, too complex for small indie developers to manage. Maybe I'm wrong, I sincerely hope so! The idea that it's only going to be the big-money companies who have no innovations (except so very rarely) to speak of, who will be making these games.

Sadly, I believe that you're not wrong at all. The freeform systems and gameplay that are supposed to exist in sandbox MMO's are simply waaay beyond the capabilities of a small (and often inexperienced) team to pull off.

That's why all the so-called "sandbox" games brought to market by indie studios in the last few years have all had amazing feature lists, of which 75% were "not in game yet", and the 25% that did make it in wasn't working properly.

If you release a game with "core features only" implemented, and those features are not working well together, the chances of disaster later are guaranteed. The more features and systems that are added to the game, the more complex and inter-related the code becomes. This means that solving the tiniest bug takes exponentially longer, because any change could affect all the other systems.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

I'm not sure what testers are going to report that the general community hasn't already.  On the other hand, if this is part of an initiative to track down and fix bugs, outstanding idea.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

I think its a bad decision that they put athanas  in charge.i think he is a corrupt GM

• keitholikeitholi Member UncommonPosts: 140

Too little too late. Starvault has been consistent in only 1 or 2 avenues.

#1 Consistently deceiving the fan / playerbase about content, design milestones and fixes to the game.

#2 Consistently FAILING to deliver on their promises.

These guys have just done so many things wrong since the get-go, it is hard to keep track. Releasing the game that was in a pre-alpha state as a release client, that you had to pay money for, was probably the worst of a very long list of missteps. I have been mislead so many times by this company that I stopped paying and playing ages ago and quite honestly, look forward to their collapse.

Community Manager

default Community Tester Group Update

Hello Everyone,

A week ago we announced that we would be accepting applications for Community Testers; something you guys have asked for in the past. In the week since the announcement we have had a largely positive response, and we are currently carefully going through all of the applications.

GM Athanas will be in control of the testing group. Aphilas has been assigned as the leader for the test group due to his exceptional organizational skills and the ability to track down bugs. The rest of the positions will be filled out by the end of the week. The testers themselves will be publicly listed and will receive special forum titles.

We thank everyone who applied and showed interest in the program, and we are looking forward to working with the new community tester group.

Share MO with others

I can not believe that people actually gave SV ids.  I also find it funny Aphilas who quit the game 7-9 months ago and is only been back for a month is in charge of the player testers.  But I can say one thing for him.. Back in the day him and his guild were good at finding exploits and bugged mechanics and using them in game maybe that will transfer over into helping him during testing.

• ange10ange10 Member Posts: 307

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

A week ago we announced that we would be accepting applications for Community Testers; something you guys have asked for in the past. In the week since the announcement we have had a largely positive response, and we are currently carefully going through all of the applications.

GM Athanas will be in control of the testing group. Aphilas has been assigned as the leader for the test group due to his exceptional organizational skills and the ability to track down bugs. The rest of the positions will be filled out by the end of the week. The testers themselves will be publicly listed and will receive special forum titles.

We thank everyone who applied and showed interest in the program, and we are looking forward to working with the new community tester group.

Share MO with others

I can not believe that people actually gave SV ids.  I also find it funny Aphilas who quit the game 7-9 months ago and is only been back for a month is in charge of the player testers.  But I can say one thing for him.. Back in the day him and his guild were good at fining exploits and bugged mechanics and using them in game maybe that wull transfr over into helping him during testing.

he was playing xsyon last time i saw him, he told me that mo was just not the game for him and he was done with it so im actually surpised he in charge aswell to be honest.

if he gets the job done then he gets the job done, but i don't think most of the community agree with the decision to be honest.

Originally posted by ange10

Community Manager

Hello Everyone,

Share MO with others

I can not believe that people actually gave SV ids.  I also find it funny Aphilas who quit the game 7-9 months ago and is only been back for a month is in charge of the player testers.  But I can say one thing for him.. Back in the day him and his guild were good at fining exploits and bugged mechanics and using them in game maybe that wull transfr over into helping him during testing.

he was playing xsyon last time i saw him, he told me that mo was just not the game for him and he was done with it so im actually surpised he in charge aswell to be honest.

if he gets the job done then he gets the job done, but i don't think most of the community agree with the decision to be honest.

That's what happens when SV is forced to scrape the bottom of the barrel. 

I win!!! LOL@U