Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No New Players?

AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

hey i makde a free trial today and dled the game and got in a started my character as an orc rogue on bleeding hollow and then i noticed i was the only player in the area, which realms would have a higher new player pop?

Comments

• AgentAnarkiiAgentAnarkii Member UncommonPosts: 173

anyone wanna help me out here?

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

on Sargeras I see new players every day... like crap tons...

Some servers are probably lower than others when it comes to leveling populations

• romerokromerok Member Posts: 104

US or EU? =)

edit:  Nvm just checked out your profile, so its US ^^ I'm an european player so I Don't really know any of the US realms.

Others will be glad to help or accompany you I bet :)

"You resist. You cling to your life as if it actually matters. You will learn."

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

The whole game is like this.  I just resubbed my level 80 character and when leveling through to 85 I saw a total of about 10 other people spread across the 3 zones I leveled in.  The world is empty, the dungeon queue and cities are full.  Doesnt matter too much how high pop the server is.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

Originally posted by marinrider

The whole game is like this.  I just resubbed my level 80 character and when leveling through to 85 I saw a total of about 10 other people spread across the 3 zones I leveled in.  The world is empty, the dungeon queue and cities are full.  Doesnt matter too much how high pop the server is.

I entirely disagree, as someone who recently came back and has leveled 4 characters to 85 in the past month i've seen a LOT of other players along the way questing, had to wait for mobs to respawn sometimes even!

Edit: for clairities sake, I've been doing RAF leveling so I've leveled quite quickly, however I see witness a lot of players along the way.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

It doesn't help that Blizzard refused to merge servers either, they say that the cross server dungeon finder is good enough. But when you don't see players more than occasionally in the open world it kinda deafeats the purpose of playing a MMO.

Blizzard will have to bite the sour apple sooner or later and merge the smaller pop servers.

• druuidruui Member Posts: 8

maybe there are reason because they are not doing the merge because it may send the message that it is losing the subscribers, et al. someone in the mmo crowd may jump to the conclusion by mistake. :D

Just my two cent.

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Originally posted by Loke666

It doesn't help that Blizzard refused to merge servers either, they say that the cross server dungeon finder is good enough. But when you don't see players more than occasionally in the open world it kinda deafeats the purpose of playing a MMO.

Blizzard will have to bite the sour apple sooner or later and merge the smaller pop servers.

Yep, this is why I'm pretty much quitting again.  Leveled to 85, didnt see many people.  Then when I do the dungeon finder I usually get a group that doesnt say anything even when I say something no one will respond.  Makes the game so antisocial and not fun.

• Drekker17Drekker17 Member Posts: 296

Right now there is a realm called Uther (pve) with over 26 people in Teldrassil (Nelf starting zone) at just level 1 or 2...try it. Some people are literally just standing there, but there are people chatting as well...which isn't too common for Teldrassil. For orcs starting zone of Durotar it has 16 people at level 1-2 alone. It says new players. Another realm that says new players is Vashj which is pvp has about a dozen new players per starting zone horde.

So always look at the at the population tab on the Realm list, click it and the top should say new players in blue, for if you want to play a realm with a lot of new players in the future.

All my main realms of Whisperwind (pve-alliance), Daggerspine (pvp-horde), Maelstrom (rppvp-both) have a good population of people leveling throughout all levels.

Did a wow census:

-Uther Alliance: 649 players under level 10.

Honestly just hanging around these "new player" realms feels like wow is brand new...people all over, level 9s coming and asking if any new players need help, people clearly grouping up with 2 level 2s talking about doing a quest together.

"Great minds talk about ideas, average minds talk about events, and small minds talk about people." - Eleanor Roosevelt
    "Americans used to roar like lions for liberty; now we bleat like sheep for security." -Norman Vincent Peale

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Zones feel more empty than they are and that is in part due to Blizzard, flying mounts, dungeon teleports and a top heavey population ensure that.

I always knew flying mounts would be an issue, they should have keep them as an ultra rare drop rather then giving it to all, every one picks up a quest flys to the location does the quest and flys back, there's no interation on the way or chance meetings cus everyone is in the air.  Long gone are the Stranglethron vale days on a PvP server =D

Flying mounts for me was the biggest mistake blizzard have made with WoW. It also reduces what blizzard can do with the world, any one remember the AQ gates before the patch for example? everyone wondered what was behind them, but now we can just fly over it.. no mystery any more.

Saying that WoW is still the best allround MMO.

• ZezelZezel Member Posts: 132

Probably tons of players around with it being F2P til level 20.

If you don't like a game don't play it, and quit running to MMORPG.com to trash it.

• azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365

Just look for a realm tagged "New players", easy as that.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.