Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why NOT World of Starcraft? It just doesnt make sense..

PigozzPigozz Member UncommonPosts: 886

Im kinda sure smiliar topic was brought out before but after reading several threads I feel like the question is still itching a lot of us - so to begin:

I think we all heard Blizzards Titan wont be set in Starcraft universe and our hearts died a little hearing that but I wonder:

Why NOT World of Starcraft ??... If that thing about Titan  is true I find it extremely silly and dumb from Blizzard to throw away this huge opportunity... and why? Few reasons are just too obvious

1. Story, Lore and popularity

World of Warcraft seems to became very succesful because it came out few years after Warcraft III, a game praised for story and gameplay etc... But most important thing was the story and lore. When you first visited Azeroth in WoW, you just wanted to get to places were all the big events happpened or you wanted to experience them as well (Cavern of time), or u just wanted to zap some stuff Thrall-style. And thats because people knew the story. They didnt have to read every bit of lore to understand what is going on and why. They knew it from W3 - one of the most popular RTS up to date. Now Starcraft franchise have the swag and SCII part 2 is being released and highly expected. Releasing World of Starcraft shortly after the third part makes the most sense in this entire industry if u ask me.

2. Three factions

Yes, three factions is the **** u want in MMO since DAoC came out. And tbh, you couldnt ask for more diverse nations in any other game. I knwo creating Zerg classes would be a tough one, but you could still make "infested humans" classes if nothing

3. Worlds

Every MMO need to have distinct zones. Starcraft have so many different worlds to start with you dont even need to be a pro environmental designer to create some amazing yet familiar places.

4.Mature Sci - Fi

We all want it for a long time so give us a cruel world filled with sinister political intrigues. Blizzard you freaking have one!

5. World of Starcraft = New and better World of Warcraft!!

The name, the company, the time - it all would make some insane hype and fame similar only to TOR (but bigger - MMO wise). I mean if they announced WoStarcraft and next day allowed pre-orders with no additional info, I think few hundred thousand of copies would be sold. WoW and Blizzard is modern phenomenom and even tho us MMO veterans may spit on those brands all day long(exaggerating ofc), the rest of the world knows nothing about the rest of MMOs except the Big One. And its disciple would receive immediate attention worldwide just because of this fact.

So what do you guys think? Is there any reason why NOT to make World of Starcraft or do you feel the same way as me???

Share your thoughts..

Please move this thread to Pub at MMORPG...I dont know what the hell it is doing in SWTOR discussion..

I think I actually spent way more time reading and theorycrafting about MMOs than playing them

Comments

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

My guess would be that not many people want to roll a L1 zergling.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• KanesterKanester Member UncommonPosts: 375

Originally posted by Icewhite

My guess would be that not many people want to roll a L1 zergling.

Yea that^. I was thinking the same the other day, Now blizz can do what ever they think of, They are not governed by lore at all.

A Starcraft MMO could be huge if done right.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Because not every IP has to be made into an MMO...

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

I'm sure it will happen eventually. It's just too big.

He who keeps his cool best wins.

• raistlinmraistlinm Member Posts: 673

I think it's just Blizzards way of pissing me off more since that's all they seemed to do with WOW after TBC.

In all honesty who's to say maybe they planm to come out with Titan and then a StarCraft mmo after WOW is dying down although I would have made a WOS already it does seem like a sensible idea if they feel like they have an idea that will work for them in Titan.

• uohaloranuohaloran Member Posts: 811

I don't think they want their next MMO to be so similar to the one they have now or else they'll just be reallocating subscribers.

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Not sure what this has to do with SW:TOR.

Would I like a Starcraft MMO? Sure. But I'm still getting over the cancelled starcraft ghost from years ago. That was a major disappointment. But now that boat has sailed and we have to live with it. We can't always get what we want.

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407
This discussion has been closed.