Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Respecing?

BoosthungryBoosthungry Member Posts: 137

I absolutely love the class combination system that allows player to choose their role very carefully.  But will player be able to respec like many other hihg-profile MMOs? Or will it actually be your set class?

A too broad respecing system would be a possible game breaker for me.  IMO people should choose the class they want to play and stick with it.  If you really want a new class then you should roll a new character.  In fact, a system that encourages veterans to create new characters over time will help to make new players that join much later after launch to not feel alone at low levels. 

Comments

• MarkJWMarkJW ColumnistMember Posts: 226

You can choose a different class setup at a specific NPC. It costs money and you start over from scratch, almost like a new player. All the new skills will have to be unlocked and bought with skillpoints. It's a hassle for people who don't really need to respec and a blessing for people that really want to without starting a new character.

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

pretty sure i read somewhere that all skills that you already know will not have to be relearned.

so say you were class A, B and C. you respec to A X Y.   X and Y will have to be grinded out but A will stay as it was.

• BoosthungryBoosthungry Member Posts: 137

Wow, has a system like this been implemented in any game?  I'm just so used to being level X, respecing and having your new spec equivalent to level X.  So respecing a character is almost like rolling a new character without actually making a new character.  I'm assuming you get to wear the high level gear but your skills are in their infancy? 

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440

Yea from what I have read its a hefty penalty with game currency to respec and you lose all your abilitys you earned and bought and start over. Which is good so people can't max out everything. Once you get rid of something it goes back to level 1 and you have to start all over again. Really makes you think about what you want to make.