Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

naval warfare and castle seige video

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

havent seen this one yet and it was just recently posted over at the linked site. hope im not just reposting soemthing.

comes with some nice comments from one of the devs too

enjoy

http://www.archeage-portal.net/en/news/38-archeage-news/219-more-detailed-sea-battle-system-info-unveiled.html

Comments

• HairysunHairysun Member UncommonPosts: 1,059

Oh yeah ...... I'm gonna need a new computer for this one.

~Hairysun

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

This tgame looks really , really good

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

I see no point in naval warfare, since you cannot loot or gain anything, so pirating is out of the question.

The siege warfare on the other hand looks decent enough to keep warring elitist-clans pleased.

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.

Originally posted by Fusion

I see no point in naval warfare, since you cannot loot or gain anything, so pirating is out of the question.

The siege warfare on the other hand looks decent enough to keep warring elitist-clans pleased.

It's simply for fun, while there may not be a reason you like...fun itself is more important than any other mechanic.  I do agree..would be nice to be able to pillage, etc.  I'm assuming you can also steal the ships.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• Daimyo21Daimyo21 Member Posts: 66

Pure awesome.  I hope they have dynamic storms with tsunami type waves that you got to break out of as a crew.  They can do it with the Cry Engine 3.. anything is possible.

Originally posted by Daimyo21

Pure awesome.  I hope they have dynamic storms with tsunami type waves that you got to break out of as a crew.  They can do it with the Cry Engine 3.. anything is possible.

Haha, tsunami would be pretty cool...that just a wish or did you read that somewhere?

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us

• marinridermarinrider Member UncommonPosts: 1,556

Site is down :(

• SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

its working again

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

This looks like pre-rendered footage made with the game engine. I doubt there is any gameplay in that video.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Great video.  I like the art style and the environments.  Reminds me mostly of AOC.

I don't even want to look at the hardware requirements.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113

What? That looks awesome.

• TraxxisTraxxis Member Posts: 6

This game could rock, awesome graphics.  Looks like time for duals :)

i7 [email protected] Intel Extreme/Z77 8GB Corsair Vengeance Radeon 7970 3GB Black Edition

• BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503

My system is 6 years old. See no need to upgrade. Another jaded MMO vet who lost the lust after SWG died, was never that thrilled with WoW, EVE still feels a bit too much like MS office with a graphics engine attached.

SWTOR is another overmarketed clone.

DIII will be nothing we haven't seen.

But this game, that naval ship battle video, the masses of players marching on a castle with destructable physics. Yes. Yes. Yes. A game finally not built for everyone running an e-machines from 1995 to maximize dollars. A game finally not built for people that want the 'user-friendly' (which is a euphemism for retard-ready) level of pushing the power button on and off on their TV remote. A game that doesn't reek of Bobby Koticks dollar-grabbing nuts.

I will upgrade to play this game. I'll actually give a shit about an MMO again.

Keep it up ArcheAge. Make some more great videos, and forget about the marketing propagandizing clowns like all the other companies hire to speak in pre-scripted interviews with answers that start with "so".

We're all trained to resist that and puke at it. We need a game that has a viral grassroots following, a game with a team that spent more time on the game than the hype.

As it used to be!

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by Baseline

My system is 6 years old. See no need to upgrade. Another jaded MMO vet who lost the lust after SWG died, was never that thrilled with WoW, EVE still feels a bit too much like MS office with a graphics engine attached.

But this game, that naval ship battle video, the masses of players marching on a castle with destructable physics. Yes. Yes. Yes. A game finally not built for everyone running an e-machines from 1995 to maximize dollars. A game finally not built for people that want the 'user-friendly' (which is a euphemism for retard-ready) level of pushing the power button on and off on their TV remote. A game that doesn't reek of Bobby Koticks dollar-grabbing nuts.

Keep it up ArcheAge. Make some more great videos, and forget about the marketing propagandizing clowns like all the other companies hire to speak in pre-scripted interviews with answers that start with "so".

We're all trained to resist that and puke at it. We need a game that has a viral grassroots following, a game with a team that spent more time on the game than the hype.

As it used to be!

Someone please sticky this response.

As it used to be!

At first I thought you were going to go on about how "bad" this game was, then I read on and I agree with you 100%.  

• SkillCosbySkillCosby Member Posts: 684

Originally posted by marinrider

As it used to be!

At first I thought you were going to go on about how "bad" this game was, then I read on and I agree with you 100%.  

If you glance at your forum name, it looks like it says "manrider". lol

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Where is the overseas publisher already!!?!?!

Originally posted by precious328

If you glance at your forum name, it looks like it says "manrider". lol

Little OT but I used the name when my account was created back in 06.  Back then I was a very uncreative 14 year old. 

• czekoskwigelczekoskwigel Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by ActionMMORPG

Great video.  I like the art style and the environments.  Reminds me mostly of AOC.

I don't even want to look at the hardware requirements.

Hardware requirements should be right in line with Crysis 2. (uses the same engine)