Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking thru old stuff.

cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

So I was cleaning out the storage room and I happened to come across my old Metal Box Collectors edition for EQ2. I stopped, sat down and started looking thru the concept art book that came with it and was like. Wow  concept art style for the game was just so amazing, looked like it would have been an amazing looking world if the game had went in the same direction that the concept art had.

I know this may seem dated but i was just reminiscing after looking at the book and thinking back to what I remember the game actually looked like when I played it. After looking at the book, I even contemplating of maybe giving it another go as currently I am not really playing anything. I have a RIFT account open but I havent logged on in a month. So I am thinking of unsubscribing to it.

So anyway I went to check out all the screenshots in EQ2 in its current state and still the Art style is just BLAHH.. I could handle lower polycount graphics, But bad art just blows my mind. I remember when the whole argument was raging back in the day about WOW vs EQ2..Yes I was one that made the switch back then and ended up playing WOW for about 2 years. I was always like ya EQ has more advanced graphics and WOW may look like a disney cartoon, but artisically WOW was the better game.

I guess as the saying goes though. To each their own. In closing I will just say I wish the game artistically would have been somewhat, actually no alot closer to what the concept art was like. Because if you havent seen the concept art man are you missing out on some great visualization of what Norrath could have and should have looked like.