Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do people ignore AION??

Comments

• OtashiOtashi Member UncommonPosts: 78

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF

Originally posted by Ronn

All the reply I see are mostly river of tears about the "oh so broken manastone and enhancement feature"... I guess "the MMO crowd is a sad sad crowd" heh I guess I read that somewhere :/

Well the point is the game has plenty PvE content, plenty PvP content (as long as you get a guild/legion). Yeah it is hard to get good gear and leveling is not so easy... but I'm soo tired of those nonsense games in which it takes 50 hours to reach max lvl...

I bought the game 2 month ago (previously played on private) I am now lvl 50 and farming my miragent set which is gonna keep me busy for about a month (yeah for a single armor set) and then I'll be busy rickrolling asmos !

This game is definitely worth a try .. or two and if you don't like challenge.. just don't come :)

a month seems pretty quick to get an entire armor set. takes a hell of a lot longer in other games. Just pointing it out since you said that "hard to get good gear" is not really true. 

I knew someone was gonna say that ... well its a SOLO/QUEST armor set ... playing about 6 hours a day .. not like u had to wait for a group to form or a timer for an instance or anything... and well the funny part after that is getting it fully manastone slotted and +10 :D

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I tried the demo.  I was gone from the game about two minutes after being puti n the world.  Yuck. No thanks.

Hmmm the way you argue.. very interesting... and that moment when you said that .... owait , random troll ?

• avalon1000avalon1000 Member UncommonPosts: 791

Originally posted by nblitz

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

This was implemented so that they could sell stuff in the cash shop to improve your enchanting and manastone results.  It's a disturbing trend in the video game industry of incredible greed.  I think  they will get a wake up call when GW2 comes out ant basically everyone leaves to play a wonderful game that has NO sub fees and no cash shop (at least I hope it remains that way). 

Originally posted by avalon1000

Originally posted by nblitz

The enchanting and manastoning system depresses me and makes me not want to play for extended periods of time. Those are my main reasons why I have quit several times and why I don't stay subbed for longer periods. 

This is also probably the reason why many dub it a grind and do not recommend the game to others. I know I haven't.

Also I've grown a bit tired of the click-to-attack & stand-there-and-trade-blows-combat (I can't remember the word for this) but I wouldn't unsub from a fun game for that.

This was implemented so that they could sell stuff in the cash shop to improve your enchanting and manastone results.  It's a disturbing trend in the video game industry of incredible greed.  I think  they will get a wake up call when GW2 comes out ant basically everyone leaves to play a wonderful game that has NO sub fees and no cash shop (at least I hope it remains that way). 

I agree with all of that EXCEPT ... please people quit overhyping videogames ... if they don't fit with your imagination you'll just go and random hate it (happens very very very often)

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440

I quit for a few reasons.  Firstly, the game is not challenging.  It gives you the illusion of challenge by making the simplest enemies take forever to kill, making a ridiculous grind even more so.  Same goes for the PVP.  I consider challenge actually using my skills independent of what gear I have on, and still having a chance to beat someone my own level.  In Aion, after level 25, you're basically just waiting to be killed a lot by people in gold armor with crit stones maxed

I'm simply exhausted of games that promise an enthralling experience and deliver a gear-based grindfest.  This is not to say that players who haven't already busted their asses in games like WoW won't enjoy Aion for a little while.  I did, but the thrill doesn't last, because the concept is broken.  Bring on GW2 already.

• heimdall22heimdall22 Member UncommonPosts: 76

All the reply I see are mostly river of tears about the "oh so broken manastone and enhancement feature"... I guess "the MMO crowd is a sad sad crowd" heh I guess I read that somewhere :/

Well the point is the game has plenty PvE content, plenty PvP content (as long as you get a guild/legion). Yeah it is hard to get good gear and leveling is not so easy... but I'm soo tired of those nonsense games in which it takes 50 hours to reach max lvl...

I bought the game 2 month ago (previously played on private) I am now lvl 50 and farming my miragent set which is gonna keep me busy for about a month (yeah for a single armor set) and then I'll be busy rickrolling asmos !

This game is definitely worth a try .. or two and if you don't like challenge.. just don't come :)

Well, I've got better idea. why not to make a game in which chance to socket each slot of gear will be 1%? Or 0,1%? And if just one fails, all are destroyed, like it is now?

Why not make players grind for the best set for a year? Or ten years? How's that for a challenge? Will that be elitst enough for those that want to spend their entire lifetime playing a game to "achieve" anything?

I want to play a game for fun. I don't want to grind my buttocks off to be competitive...

Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone elses opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation

• aejoriiaejorii Member Posts: 26

Originally posted by heimdall22

Well, I've got better idea. why not to make a game in which chance to socket each slot of gear will be 1%? Or 0,1%? And if just one fails, all are destroyed, like it is now?

Why not make players grind for the best set for a year? Or ten years? How's that for a challenge? Will that be elitst enough for those that want to spend their entire lifetime playing a game to "achieve" anything?

I want to play a game for fun. I don't want to grind my buttocks off to be competitive...

Not only that, PVP is RNG to hell also. Some bloke gets lucky with his para stone on you and you're dead. Wanna play roullete? Just have a sorc spam their instant cast DoT spells on you until their magic boost godstone procs and oneshots you.

The guy you're quoting is talking about rickrolling asmos in miragent. That statement itself is fucking laughable. Before I quit I SMASHED people that were in full 50e armor. Anyone in miragent/fenris basically gets 2 shotted because damage reduction means everything on pvp armor.

There are some good things about the game, but the core mechanics of combat and content plateau is dumb as hell. Mashing 2 factions together and not except one to dominate the other is regrettable. Having inter-faction fights based on world bosses is dumb when you require people to work together to fight the other side. Making the grind to socket manastones or to enchant armor and weapons is retarded. Having to random proc your god damn pants for miragents is LAME AS HELL (I failed 18 times, highest amount of failure on my server was 33 by the time I quit).

• PioneerStewPioneerStew Member Posts: 874

Because the game is a dull grind, of no interest to anyone with half a western head working.

• WorstluckWorstluck Member Posts: 1,269

I got Aion very shortly after release after being urged to do so by some friends in another game.  It's was a major grind at release, and I ended up not even finishing my free month.  Was just a rather bland, boring game for me at the time.  The wings I felt were quite lame as well, just not my style.  About a year after this, I got an email from Ncsoft (supposedly) stating that my Aion account had been banned for exploitation.  That was about the end of that.

Reply : because it is kinda dull, nothing special.

• ThorqemadaThorqemada Member UncommonPosts: 1,282

Boring game, that little flying is no savior...there is more flying in Perfect World, lol.
    Best thing of the game is customization...not enough to justify a sub.
    No intention ever to go back!

"Torquemada... do not implore him for compassion. Torquemada... do not beg him for forgiveness. Torquemada... do not ask him for mercy. Let's face it, you can't Torquemada anything!"

MWO Music Video - What does the Mech say: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FF6HYNqCDLI
    Johnny Cash - The Man Comes Around: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y0x2iwK0BKM

what you said...

• OkhamsRazorOkhamsRazor Member Posts: 1,047

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

I tried the demo.  I was gone from the game about two minutes after being puti n the world.  Yuck. No thanks.

I did the same and lasted around 10-20 minuites . It wasn't that it was plain awful its just something I'd seen many many times before . Given my gaming time is limited and I can really only justify one monthly subscription to myself theres just better options out there .

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401

Played 8 months from launch date.

Too much grind (i know they have solved that somehow) but most of all i left because of the tremendous imbalance between factions in servers.

Some servers were tottaly ruled by one faction....and the other could do nothing but be ganked.

A big problem for a game totally based on PvP.

Also it has the WORST crafting & socketing manastones concept i´ve ever seen. It´s like gambling!

Mindless grindfest. No thnx

• 0Neo00Neo0 Member UncommonPosts: 47

Omg not sure why i played this game for so long,Hack central,The gm's booted so many hackers from this game it started to effect the population,so then they decided to keep the hackers or at least make it very hard to get rid of them,jump on google and look up aion hacks.Dont get me started on the game's roll of the dice for everything.

• robalecarobaleca Member Posts: 45

Originally posted by Zzad

Played 8 months from launch date.

Too much grind (i know they have solved that somehow) but most of all i left because of the tremendous imbalance between factions in servers.

Some servers were tottaly ruled by one faction....and the other could do nothing but be ganked.

A big problem for a game totally based on PvP.

Also it has the WORST crafting & socketing manastones concept i´ve ever seen. It´s like gambling!

Mindless grindfest. No thnx

i agree with this guy. its such a pain in the ass to to have to grind so much leveling. they even managed to make the crafting system grind based... wtf how do u do that?!?!? the game is very linear and u progress through a zone along its road and dont really have freedom to go just anywhere. in the very open zones u can go anywhere but theres nothing to do anway. the only time it was worth logging in was during double xp weekends. crafting good gear was just a matter of luck. u had a low % chance to proc an improved version of the item ur making, then the next recipe that used that improved version had its own low % chance to proc an even better version of the item. so if u wanted prosauce 2hander u had to farm enough mats to make it through 2 stages of 5% gambling. servers were also imbalanced. the pvp system was a grind like the level 60 wow honor system only that u lose abyss points when u die and if u buy gear. so if u want to rank up u really have to plan what gear u can spend the points on and how many points to keep. it takes months to hit max level and there wasnt alot of endgame. i havent played in a while, maybe things are a bit different now, but i highly doubt they listened to NA & EU and made the game less grindy

Originally posted by aejorii

Originally posted by heimdall22

Not only that, PVP is RNG to hell also. Some bloke gets lucky with his para stone on you and you're dead. Wanna play roullete? Just have a sorc spam their instant cast DoT spells on you until their magic boost godstone procs and oneshots you.

The guy you're quoting is talking about rickrolling asmos in miragent. That statement itself is fucking laughable. Before I quit I SMASHED people that were in full 50e armor. Anyone in miragent/fenris basically gets 2 shotted because damage reduction means everything on pvp armor.

There are some good things about the game, but the core mechanics of combat and content plateau is dumb as hell. Mashing 2 factions together and not except one to dominate the other is regrettable. Having inter-faction fights based on world bosses is dumb when you require people to work together to fight the other side. Making the grind to socket manastones or to enchant armor and weapons is retarded. Having to random proc your god damn pants for miragents is LAME AS HELL (I failed 18 times, highest amount of failure on my server was 33 by the time I quit).

Yeah allright come 2 shot me hope you do some good 5 K dmg/hit... btw don't get so mad after a game it was a good choice for you to leave.

• KazuhiroKazuhiro Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by manny702

Well i always see alot of post of peeps asking what game's to play or if they should play rift or WoW wtf why dnt people see aion? I mean ive been playing the game for only like 3 weeks and am level 31 and am having a blast of a time best game in my opnion i love the gear the wings the skills the people even the mobs lmfao i jsut love the game i go to bed sometimes still thinking am playing in the game still lol so why dnt people give aion a try? Is it because how NCSOFT screwed it up at launch? Or is it because some people find it boring i just want the opnions of why u dnt like aion or what gives u the turn off for this game? Just curious to now other people's opnion's.

I can only speak for myself, but my reaction is, "It's asain" which for me immediately makes me move to the next thing. I have never played a asain made mmo and enjoyed it, more than anything it's the asain art style, which makes me want to vomit, repeatedly. (Vomits just thinking about cat/bunny ears/tails on every damn character.) And don't get me started on how much they LOVE genderlocked... everyting.

But to be honest, it's our fault it's like that, the long term effects of nuclear radiation/fallout clearly had adverse effects on them.

To find an intelligent person in a PUG is not that rare, but to find a PUG made up of "all" intelligent people is one of the rarest phenomenons in the known universe.

• EverSkellyEverSkelly Member UncommonPosts: 341

Originally posted by Kazuhiro

I can only speak for myself, but my reaction is, "It's asain" which for me immediately makes me move to the next thing. I have never played a asain made mmo and enjoyed it, more than anything it's the asain art style, which makes me want to vomit, repeatedly. (Vomits just thinking about cat/bunny ears/tails on every damn character.) And don't get me started on how much they LOVE genderlocked... everyting.

Same here...

I believe lots of people, who are not asian, are turned away by these things. Although i'm starting to notice more and more love to asian style from younger western audience.

• sultharsulthar Member Posts: 298

Cuz it sucks, fade MMO with no real features.... wings are just a burden.

• flaZhflaZh Member UncommonPosts: 144

Because griding is not everything.. At least not for me. It's a grind feast. And yes, I have played and enjoyed it, but meh..

• unclemounclemo Member UncommonPosts: 462

Grind and botters.

/thread

• chriselchrisel Member UncommonPosts: 990

After reading this thread, as well as listening to the few people who have tried it; More than enough info to shy this game as the plague.

GG to those of you who enjoys it.

Make us care MORE about our faction & world pvp!

• MmoSwanMmoSwan Member Posts: 134

a month seems pretty quick to get an entire armor set. takes a hell of a lot longer in other games. Just pointing it out since you said that "hard to get good gear" is not really true. 

It's a month for hardcore players with lots - and I mean LOADS - of luck in the gambling parts of the quest chain. And after that month (more likely 2-3) you just got the armor set and didnt yet waste your time/money on the excessive gambling involved in socketing/enchanting the set. Expect a few more months of grind for that - ofc only if you are not extremely lucky.

Since that armor set is for level 50s and you won't get accepted in those "good gear" parties with it, you'll be only using the set to farm the Storm Wings set (1 run per day max because of cooldowns, with a set item drop chance of 0,25%-0,5% per run) for PVE and an abyss set for PVP. Likely soon you'll notice that most classes need several armor sets to handle different situations. And of course you'll need to socket/enchant all of them.

At least you can buy Storm Wings drops now as long as you are not on the daily cooldown. If you got some spare money (200m+ for SW weapons, 80-100m+ for SW armor) you can buy your way out of the RNG misery.

|| Languages for gamers: http://gamerslingo.com
    /where God
    ERROR: Target could not be found
    /target Believer
    /skill science
    You missed your target since Believer ignores science
    /skill logic
    You missed your target since Believer traded all his INT for faith.

• MeridionMeridion Member UncommonPosts: 1,495

Originally posted by MmoSwan

It's a month for hardcore players with lots - and I mean LOADS - of luck in the gambling parts of the quest chain. And after that month (more likely 2-3) you just got the armor set and didnt yet waste your time/money on the excessive gambling involved in socketing/enchanting the set. Expect a few more months of grind for that - ofc only if you are not extremely lucky.

Since that armor set is for level 50s and you won't get accepted in those "good gear" parties with it, you'll be only using the set to farm the Storm Wings set (1 run per day max because of cooldowns, with a set item drop chance of 0,25%-0,5% per run) for PVE and an abyss set for PVP. Likely soon you'll notice that most classes need several armor sets to handle different situations. And of course you'll need to socket/enchant all of them.

At least you can buy Storm Wings drops now as long as you are not on the daily cooldown. If you got some spare money (200m+ for SW weapons, 80-100m+ for SW armor) you can buy your way out of the RNG misery.

That's about as much as it takes in any other serious MMORPG out there to get top gear. Vanilla WoW took me 6+ months to get full T2ed with raiding three times a week in a 40 man raid. And we took on ONE dungeon every week (BWL).

In EvE to be able to play major roles in 'endgame' PvP you need to spend at least 30 mil+ SP which equals 6 months no matter what you do ingame.

And in Aion, you don't even NEED these sets to compete. You need them if you're an e-peen loner lookin for 1v1s, bcoz u no dats wher teh skillz at...

If you get a nice guild and a roamer group for PvP or raid for keeps you will be fine just flowing with the zerg...

Again, I don't play Aion nor am I endorsing it, but your arguments sound like "The game is crap because it doesn't give me the stuff I need to be special-uber-OP for free"...

M