Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I think I'm done :(

Well, I've about had it. I've played all kinds of MMORPG's, EVE, EQ2, vanguard, ryzom, AOC, anarchy online, global agenda, beyond protocol, black prophecy, neocron 2(the best of them all, by a wide margin) SWG, matrix online, and many more.

nothing holds my interest. I've spent a lot of time, money and so on. it feels like I'm playing the same game over and over, with a different skin. EVE is a standout; but CCP lost my trust. once you're down to arguing about monocles, I pick up a book, ya know?

I'm the problem; my mind needs to be engaged(EVE did that but it's going down), I like sci-fi, I like flying things, I like virtual open worlds, I like persistence, I like player housing, but(and I can't stress this enough) IF I SEE ONE MORE FUCKING ELF IN MY LIFE I WILL GO ON A  JIHAD. I can't take it anymore. plus MMO's seem to all be going P2W, not just P2P. guess its time to hang it up. hell even SWTOR, with all the money in the world to spend, decided that a STAR WARS game should have space on rails. WTF..

fuck it. I swear to christ imma play magic: the gathering...

Comments

• majimaji Member UncommonPosts: 2,091

Originally posted by seansean

I play Fallen Earth again these days. Nice graphics, nice open world, lots of crafting. But as you talk about magic the gathering: play the digital version, MTGO. You can also make some money there if you are good. :)

Let's play Fallen Earth (blind, 300 episodes)

Let's play Guild Wars 2 (blind, 45 episodes)

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703

can't say i disagree with the sentiment

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

I don't think your the only one m8.  I too share your thoughts.  It's kind of sad, that no one is willing to step up and make something different.   I think the problem really is the fact that everyone wants the "big hit" instead of having something original.  Couple that with easy games, facebook apps, smartphone apps, people don't care for the engaging part anymore.  Most games nowadays cater to the masses, and in order to do that, they have to be simple and easy.  The lowest common denominator is the bane of the gaming industry I think.  That or it is just the bane of those who want to play a game that has some depth and can engage the mind.

• DSBHRDSBHR Member UncommonPosts: 75

Originally posted by Karahandras

Sad but true.  Sad but true. 

However it is a nice day outside.  I would hope something good comes online before the snows hit though.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by DSBHR

Originally posted by Karahandras

Sad but true.  Sad but true. 

However it is a nice day outside.  I would hope something good comes online before the snows hit though.

well, i can understand the guys viewpoint, and i don't especially disagree.. and.. lately.. its been pretty good spending some time doing a bit of gardening.. who knows.. maybe something will come along before the winter sets in.. TSW might be the one.. maybe.. im keeping fingers crossed.. but im not exactly filled with enthusiasm about it..image

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Phry

well, i can understand the guys viewpoint, and i don't especially disagree.. and.. lately.. its been pretty good spending some time doing a bit of gardening.. who knows.. maybe something will come along before the winter sets in.. TSW might be the one.. maybe.. im keeping fingers crossed.. but im not exactly filled with enthusiasm about it..image

TSW won't be the one, it's not out until Arpil next year at the earliest image

Now seems like an odd time to be giving up on gaming, there is just so much coming out over the next while be it RPG, FPS or MMO's.

• ZetsueiZetsuei Member UncommonPosts: 249

Originally posted by Kabaal

Now seems like an odd time to be giving up on gaming, there is just so much coming out over the next while be it RPG, FPS or MMO's.

What he said. Quitting right now is a silly thing to do. The next wave of MMOs coming out look to be the best we've had in years. I would wait til they come out to see if you like/dislike them then if you still think your done you should quit.

• eyceleycel Member Posts: 1,334

Wildstar?

• SiderasSideras Member Posts: 231

I see you never played DAoC, bummer.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Originally posted by Kraiser

Originally posted by Kabaal

What he said. Quitting right now is a silly thing to do. The next wave of MMOs coming out look to be the best we've had in years. I would wait til they come out to see if you like/dislike them then if you still think your done you should quit.

Same thing was said when Warhammer online and AoC was right around the corner. There's always upcoming MMOs that looks great on paper.

• FritomanFritoman Member Posts: 59

I too am in this crowd of being burned out on MMORPG's.  I played most of the those games as well, and yes EVE had something special years ago but as with most, it just is not the same anymore.  Too many cookie cutter games and I have never been into the fanatasy style games as much as sci-fi

I recently played APB and it was fun for a little while, but not much depth at all to that game.  I miss the heart pounding adreniline I use to get when i was about to play a particular MMORPG but I do not get that anymore, it's a shame :(

• alastor44alastor44 Member UncommonPosts: 21

I have been in this boat for quit some time now. I have been playing single player games recently to pass my spare time. Recently played Bastion, fantastic game. I plan on trying SWTOR, although I do not expect more than a month or two of fun out of it. I have come to realize that MMO's have now become just a couple month ordeal until the next one comes out. I started playing MMO's around Asheron's Call 2 times, I enjoyed that game, but it closed down. Ever since I have been bouncing between P2P and F2P games. Nothing can keep my interest like Asheron's Call 2 did. I just hope The Secret World does a good job, I am extremely stoked for that game.

And I agree, fuck Elves!

Waiting for:
    Diablo 3 Seasonal Ladders
    Warlords of Draenor

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

Originally posted by Starpower

Same thing was said when Warhammer online and AoC was right around the corner. There's always upcoming MMOs that looks great on paper.

That was 3 years ago. The past few years have been pretty barren with the only prospects (for me anyway) being the ones about to release now, so there hasn't been much in the way of MMO's just around the corner in quite some time. After such a long wait it just seems like a weird time to give up now that there a good 4 or 5 nearing release.

• EduardoASGEduardoASG Member Posts: 832

problem, in my humble opinion is not the game design.. it is the technology that is evolving too slow.

By this time i would have expected to have the ability to connect computers to the brain, or at least an higer degree of virtualization able to provide a much more solid immersion into a diferent reality.

instead.. i can see the techonology evolving speed has decreased a lot in the last years.. maybe thats part of the issue.. still.. can hope Swtor might bring something new to the mmo scene and some better gaming dynamics, at least until technology goes to next level.

Aion, AoC, AC, AO, DDO, Eve, Eq2, GW, MW3, L1&2, RF, RIFT, SWG, SWTOR, TR, UO, WOW, WAR
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Have you considered decaf? image  I relate to the stress of it.  Good luck in whatever direction you take.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • nyxiumnyxium Member UncommonPosts: 1,345

I must admit the Space on Rails concept seemed a bit lazy considering the amount of money LF & EA & Bioware threw at the SWTOR game, as well OP.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by EduardoASG

problem, in my humble opinion is not the game design.. it is the technology that is evolving too slow.

By this time i would have expected to have the ability to connect computers to the brain, or at least an higer degree of virtualization able to provide a much more solid immersion into a diferent reality.
    instead.. i can see the techonology evolving speed has decreased a lot in the last years.. maybe thats part of the issue.. still.. can hope Swtor might bring something new to the mmo scene and some better gaming dynamics, at least until technology goes to next level.

The trouble is real innovation needs to happen in a huge way before we see MMO's evolve that much. I've been waiting for flying cars and jet packs for over 40 years and yet cars aren't that much different than in my Grandfather's day. Same with MMO's, it may take another 50 years or moe before we see any real advancement. Depressing, isn't it?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• DarthMooskaDarthMooska Member UncommonPosts: 146

Why aren't you playing this anyways?

I derive my strength from passion. Do you feel that? That is what seperates you and I, Jedi!

• ZoobiZoobi Member UncommonPosts: 115

Try out battlestar galactica online, Sean. It'll be refreshing, I promise.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

Sounds like you've encountered some Burnout OP. Hope it doesnt last long. Sometimes I feel the same way. Its good to take a break for MMO's in general.

Personally Im tired of seeing the same ole same ole fantasy genre and would love to see more out of the box games like WOD, TSW, and Swtor.

****Raises Plunger in salute to Toreador Vampire ladies!***

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• sakersaker Member RarePosts: 1,458

I sympathize with the OP, feel much the same! Keep hoping something worthy will come out... GW2 looks fun, I don't think it's remotely "ground-breaking", but looks fun. Hopefully not too E-Z mode, which I fear is so the way things continue to go since this genre got WoW-ified. And then there's ArcheAge which is a strong hope (really only strong 1 I've got). This recent trend toward these things lumped in with MMO's like that god-awful World of Tanks, I'm not impressed with. These shooters-with-a-lobby-things. What i've seen of the "community" in those things, wow... Like the archetypal "barrens-chat" on steroids, and meth!, just horrendous. This genre needs some risk-taking, by the creators/developers, but with this world economy that only wants utterly-insane over-the-top profits -NOW- I just don't see it happening, at least not from the "western-market".

• IronArrowIronArrow Member Posts: 12

Well, I've about had it. I've played all kinds of MMORPG's, EVE, EQ2, vanguard, ryzom, AOC, anarchy online, global agenda, beyond protocol, black prophecy, neocron 2(the best of them all, by a wide margin) SWG, matrix online, and many more.

nothing holds my interest. I've spent a lot of time, money and so on. it feels like I'm playing the same game over and over, with a different skin. EVE is a standout; but CCP lost my trust. once you're down to arguing about monocles, I pick up a book, ya know?

I'm the problem; my mind needs to be engaged(EVE did that but it's going down), I like sci-fi, I like flying things, I like virtual open worlds, I like persistence, I like player housing, but(and I can't stress this enough) IF I SEE ONE MORE FUCKING ELF IN MY LIFE I WILL GO ON A  JIHAD. I can't take it anymore. plus MMO's seem to all be going P2W, not just P2P. guess its time to hang it up. hell even SWTOR, with all the money in the world to spend, decided that a STAR WARS game should have space on rails. WTF..

Yeah thats real class using profanity and whining on the Interwebs LOL

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

been waiting for over 10 years for something of marginal quality to be released.... halfway shocked i still check in on this site anymore... Who knows... maybe just maybe one day... there will be something released thats worth investing time and money into...

However i doubt it... Ive expanded my hobbies, and have moved on.... search the google machine with your internet box for a few hours and find something that Isnt video-game related and give it a shot..  its what ive been doing =) 

• LentechLentech Member Posts: 119

Originally posted by IronArrow

Yeah thats real class using profanity and whining on the Interwebs LOL

theres "class" on the internet? Bahahaha Riiiiight... There isnt even "class" in the real world anymore. nice try tho

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Bah, its September and I've played about a months worth of MMORPG's since December. Giving it a huge break, looking forward to SWTOR .. even If it is the same it'll at least have been more than a couple days since I played a game just like it. If I dont like it , GW2 or SW ... I may as well just quit forever.