Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Champions Online: Put On Your Dancin' Shoes for the 2nd Anniversary

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerMMORPG.COM Staff LegendaryPosts: 30,056

Cryptic Studios and the Champions Online team are asking players to get ready for a party royale as the second anniversary of the game nears. The party begins on Thursday, September 1st and runs thorough Monday, September 5th. The team has party favors, costume unlocks and other perks planned for players.

When?

Anniversary Event starts Thursday, September 1 at 10 AM (PDT) and ends Monday, September 5 at 11:59 PM (PDT).

Sapphire takes the stage in Ren Center every hour and DJ Madbot keeps things movin' all day and all night long!

Where?

Renaissance Center in Millennium City is party central!

Read more about the event on the Champions Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• FeydawayFeydaway Member Posts: 122

How is this game doing?  I always check in from time to time for a hero fix.  I think this one is much better than CoH.  I know they just did a comic "series"...was it as successful as the STO episode arcs?

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824

tried to get into this game, but I just couldn't.

City of Heroes is better in pretty much every aspect, even graphically (despite being waaay older)

• LeetheLeethe Member UncommonPosts: 893

It's doing pretty well actually. Better than some, worse than others but generally pretty damn good.

Happy 2nd CO.

There is NO miracle patch.

95% of what you see in beta won't change by launch.

Hope is not a stategy.

• waits1972waits1972 Member Posts: 46

I played this game for about 4 or 5 months.  I had a great time experimenting with costumes and power combos.  However, the end game was a drag.  It's been about a year.  I've been thinking of revisiting the game to see if it has improved.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member UncommonPosts: 1,432

I would, but I became awfully tired of their concept of balance.

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,677
    Happy 2nd anniveersarieee~~

i loved this game from beta till 6 months after release. The main problem i had wa lack of content and dwindling population :(

Im going back to thia game when they revamp lairs because i didnt like the adventure pack content x.x

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• gandalesgandales Member UncommonPosts: 472

Nice. After 2 years still playing this.  Tought times during the first year but the game is still alive and with some more investment from the new owners it will get the parts in which is lacking that is mainly endgame progression content. At some point getting its own version of STO foundry will do wonders.

The main rewards in this game are not to make character powerful but to obtain costume pieces like weapons or armor/suits. Therefore, most characters can involve themselves in lairs no matter what gear they are wearing.

PVP is as most pve oriented games, it is always the same story of the ideal balance that is unreachable.

Let's see what Cryptic prepared for this aniversary