Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am playing Vanguard again and need some class/race advice

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I have a few characters between 10-20 right now.

I am looking at making one more healing character, probably a Shaman.  Not sure what race to go with.  I think they get pets at 15 or somthing like that.

I am also looking at making two high damage classes.  Preferably one ranged and one melee.  I have a sorc now.  I am not sure what I should go with for ranged.  Any idea for class/race combos for ranged DPS.

Lastly, I think I want to go with a high damage melee class.  Any ideas there.

Thanks in advance for all suggestions.  Reasons why would be appreciated. 

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

If you're looking for advice, it would help if you would specify what you want to know.

Yes, Shaman is a healer.

Yes, they get a totem at level 15, and among other things, this means a pet, though like with rangers, its just additional dps. The pet class in Vanguard is the Necromancer.

No, race doesnt matter much, just check a site like silkyvenom for information on that. Or choose Shaman in the character creator and read the descriptions of the races that are allowed.

Yes, Sorcerer is a magic dd. They are the highest sustained dd, but Druid has better spike dps.

The only ranged class in Vanguard is the Ranger. Specialize to ranged for better ranged damage.

Highest melee damage is Rogue.

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

Shaman is a great choice for a healer class :) You can specialize on Hayatet (Bird) = spell/caster based, Rakuur (Wolf) = melee dps/light fighter based, Tuurgin (Bear) = melee dps/tank based. All three have a high demand.

As race I'd probably go for Varanjar as Wolf + Bear shaman and Goblin as Bird.

If you like to combine both ranged and melee dps along with playing a high dps class, I would go for Ranger, again Varanjar as race for their dmg racial.

• moguy1moguy1 Member UncommonPosts: 135

Are there people around for you to heal?!?

• RingsideRingside Member UncommonPosts: 249

something good in solo ... fun to play and group friendly I would personally go with the Gnome BlookMage

• KnuppsKnupps Member Posts: 46

If you aim for soloing, I'd go for disc anytime :)

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

Originally posted by moguy1

Are there people around for you to heal?!?

Yes. Healers are great solists in Vanguard. They heal themselves.