Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Found a little Beta Weekend F.A.Q. at SWTOR official forums.

Thanks to Kaywinnit for putting this together.

Here is the link to the thread itself:

Consolidated Sept. Beta Questions/Answers

And here is the updated f.a.q:

------------ Already Answered-----------------

Q: When do Beta Weekends start?

A: Friday, September 2nd. (Source: PAX BioWare Panel)

Q: EU as well?

A: Not likely, but as said, large wave of invites going out soon (to Game Testing, not just a weekend). (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Additional EU Testing information:

Last but not least. We will be adding a large wave of European Game Testers very soon, with Testing Weekends starting later.

Likelihood is yes, EU Testing Weekends on EU servers, but TBD. (Source: Stephen Reid, via Twitter). Thanks XarroKonijn for pointing these out.

Q: How long is a weekend?

A: FYI Testing weekends are just that, weekends, with time for download. (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Q: Will 'regular' Game testing still be going on/new invites sent?

A: There will be more 'normal' testing invites. (Source: Stephen Reid via Twitter)

Q: Is this "Open Beta" or still random?

A: Still random, need to be registered on the SWTOR site. (Source: PAX Bioware Panel.. I think)

Q: Does Pre-Order status, or time of code entry, impact your Beta Weekend chances?

A: No. Pre-Order doesn't matter (Confirmed via Kristen Fuller's Twitter)

Q: Will "Beta Weekend" testers be joining players already in Beta or will they be on separate servers that only operate over the weekends?

A: The announcement indicated it'd be on a new server, so it'll be the 'only open on weekends' option.

Q: So is EU testing part of the Beta weekends, or when could we start seeing large scale EU invites?

A: Game Testing invites for EU folks are going out VERY soon and are more permanent than invites to Game Testing Weekends. (Source: Chris Deum's Twitter).

Q: If you're invited to one Beta weekend, are you automatically invited to the rest of them?

A: I believe that it is going to be an entirely new group of people every time. The goal of that is to get as many of the 1.5 million people who have signed up for testing in as possible. (Source: David Bass interview on Darth Hater)

Q: How soon is 'soon' for EU Beta invites (weekend, and full testing)?

A: "We're talking days here" (Source: Chris Collins post in the 'EU Testing - we need info' thread)

Q: Does being invited to one weekend, prevent you from being re-invited to a later weekend?

A: The Game Testing Weekends that have been mentioned are just that; they are weekends where invited players will only have access for a weekend. (Source: Chris Collins post in the 'EU Testing - we need info' thread)

Q: if you can get invited to multiple weekends will you be able to play on the same char? or will he get wiped when the weekend is over.

A: Since we now know that You only get one beta weekend, the answer to this automatically becomes 'No'. (Source: Kaywinnit, based on answers to other questions).

Q: Are people who tested previously (not currently) still eligible for Beta Weekends?

A: We are going to invite a huge batch of brand new players who have never been in testing before (Source: David Bass PAX interview with Darth Hater)

----------- Still To Be Answered ----------

Q: How soon before the weekend will invites be sent?

Q: How soon before your invited weekend, can you start downloading the client?

Q: Are "Red Zone" Players eligible for weekend Beta invites?

Q: Will Weekend invites be sent out the same way (i.e email and on /tester)?

Q: Can we talk about the weekend ala impressions? (An NDA lift)

Q: Does forum disciplinary action prevent you from participating in Beta Weekends?

Q: How long will Beta Weekends last (just Sept, into Oct.. etc..)

Q: Is Beta Weekends testing 'level capped' to something different than general testing?

Q: Is Canada eligible for this round of Weekends, or are they waiting like the EU?

Q: Do you have to re-download the game client for release or will you just have to patch the client downloaded for the beta weekends?

Q: If you're selected for a specific beta weekend, is it possible to switch that weekend you're chosen for to different weekend? I'm sure the answer to this is probably NO, but chances are that if I'm fortunate enough to get selected for a beta weekend it'll be for the ONE weekend in September that I'm out of town...

Q: This one is just for additional clarification. Does Pre-Order have any impact on Beta Weekends, we know it doesn't for 'regular' testing.

Q: How does Guild Testing relate to Beta Weekends? Will there be entire guilds that get invited to stress test certain group aspects of the game? Or is this a separate program/server entirely?

Q: Do Beta "Weekenders" get access to the regular Beta forums to discuss any issues they find during their testing. If so, do they then lose access to the Beta forum at the end of their testing window?

Q: How big is the Beta download?

Comments

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

Thanks, lots of great information there:)

I'm happy to hear that EU beta will begin VERY soon :) (quote:  "We're talking days here")

Finally we get to test it too^^

edit: Typos

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180

I sure hope a lot of who signed up and wanted to get into the beta actually makes it in.  I almost forgot how soon it was coming up,   cross your fingers,  toes,  eyes, arms, legs,  tails,  whatever you guys got,  I know some of you out there are really looking forward to it, so, I'll keep my tails crossed for you too :)

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

GAHHhhhhhhhh!  I keep telling myself I don't want in the beta weekends so the game is brand new to me when it goes live, but then I read stuff like this and I SO want to do the beta weekends.

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

Dev blog stated they are sending out eu invites to regular testers soon but they will be on us server. They hope to have eu testers on eu servers soon but not sure when that will be.

So eu testers should get invites in next couple days for perma beta on us servers as long as they dont mind lag and expect it they should be fine it was they said on dev blogs.

Do what alot of people in beta weekends will do play a class u wont play right off likea bh or imperial agent so u dont ruin the story or starter planet of the class u really want to be your main.

• munsil42munsil42 Member UncommonPosts: 96

Good luck to you all =)

You'll be impressed...

Originally posted by kalinis

Dev blog stated they are sending out eu invites to regular testers soon but they will be on us server. They hope to have eu testers on eu servers soon but not sure when that will be.

So eu testers should get invites in next couple days for perma beta on us servers as long as they dont mind lag and expect it they should be fine it was they said on dev blogs.

Do what alot of people in beta weekends will do play a class u wont play right off likea bh or imperial agent so u dont ruin the story or starter planet of the class u really want to be your main.

Not a bad idea.  If I get an invite I may just try out a range tank.  Hmmm . . . Trooper or Bounty Hunter?   GAHHHhhhhh!

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

why not both if u get a chance. 

I was thinnking along the same lines lol 

Originally posted by GMan3

Not a bad idea.  If I get an invite I may just try out a range tank.  Hmmm . . . Trooper or Bounty Hunter?   GAHHHhhhhh!

My opinion... try out the mirror of the class you are looking forward to.  That way, the story will be different but the mechanics will be similar.  (for the most part).  

Of course thats if you want a kind of headstart as far as playability is concerned.

Originally posted by maskedweasel

My opinion... try out the mirror of the class you are looking forward to.  That way, the story will be different but the mechanics will be similar.  (for the most part).  

Of course thats if you want a kind of headstart as far as playability is concerned.

I was thinking about that as well, but the mirror class is the one that I want to be my "second" toon.  Thanks for the idea though.

I was thinking about that as well, but the mirror class is the one that I want to be my "second" toon.  Thanks for the idea though.

IF you're going to go smuggler as your main, like I am,  you might want to think about getting some time on the IA,  even if you don't play all the way through the weekend, the cover system and positioning is something that may take a bit to get used to if you aren't used to planning out your attack position beforehand.   Then again,  when the game launches, I suppose theres no rush either, and who knows,  balance will likely change a lot by then.  

I was lucky and didn't find the IA particularly appealing in comparison.  But I understand where you're coming from because I don't want to try the Inquisitor or the consular because they are both high on my list of class stories to play.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I'm still so torn over whether I want a beta invite. I already know with my new position at work that I'll have less time than in previous years to play. I know that the days of playing until 2am when I have to get up for work at 7:00am are over. This game is heavily focused on story, unlike most other games where you click on a quest, hit accept, and then grind. I'm not so sure I want to know the story before I'm casually taking my time at release.

On the other hand, I want to simply see how the graphics are in person instead of video, see how big the download is :-) lol, and perhaps add some value to the testing cycle as I feel I have done in several other games I have beta tested. :-)

There Is Always Hope!

IF you're going to go smuggler as your main, like I am,  you might want to think about getting some time on the IA,  even if you don't play all the way through the weekend, the cover system and positioning is something that may take a bit to get used to if you aren't used to planning out your attack position beforehand.   Then again,  when the game launches, I suppose theres no rush either, and who knows,  balance will likely change a lot by then.  

I was lucky and didn't find the IA particularly appealing in comparison.  But I understand where you're coming from because I don't want to try the Inquisitor or the consular because they are both high on my list of class stories to play.

The balance changing is part of why I don't want to get into the beta testing.  As for my main I am going the healing aspect of a Consular Sage and my secondary is going to be a Sith Inquisitor Assassin (at this point anyways).  No hurries learning the toons for me though.  I like the journey, not the endgame.