Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What TTH has to say about GW2 PVP after playing it at PAX

Comments

• RequiamerRequiamer Member Posts: 2,034

Originally posted by Gwing

srry but if tGW2 plays like GW one did i wont even bother to look at this game...did NOT liek the instanced cities and non instanced world feel...felt liek i was playing a 1995 RPG...PvP also dosnt intrest me as much as Story does, so this gam better haev a dam good story cuz i need sumthign to draw me in not shappy looks and suspected "innovation"

STORY is by FAR more inportant that anything else in a video game, i dont liek to be thrown into a game  that i have to put the story together like a freaking chineez puzzle...now square soft always had Epic great story lines to there games but recently i have become VERY dissapointed in them...lets hope this game has a decent story line so it dont fall flat on its face...

heck a game could have a port that plugs you the player directly in the game world and its still woudnt intrest me if the story aint worth a wooden nickle....

STORY FTW

STORY > ANYTHING ELSE

Its just me but i have a bad feelign about this game...sumthing bad is abrewing with it and when its realesed...dont knwo what it is but i had it with Aion, Rift and MO n well look at them now...Aion is a joke, Rift is fighting for its life and MO well enough said if u dont know how bad it is then god help u!

Bioware fan boy much?  Can't you understand story was never the foremost aspect in any rpg. You know they are no "story" games, they are ... you got it... ROLE PLAYING GAMES. right. So you know its the actions that are important, story is just a background usually, certainly not the foreground.

Now the fact Bioware always dreamed to make a movie like video game, well fine, and keep on spamming "story is the most important thing", all right, but keep in mind its only their dream, their stuff, nobody else in fact really share their point of view, and spaming a fact won't make it more realistic either, i mean its a long time humanity understood prayers won't change the world that easily.

So yes its nice because this game company "Bioware" is a bit apart from others when it come to this, and its perfectly fine, we all like Bioware for it. But please don't come and claim all the video game industry should be just like them, its pretty ridiculous. People want action in their games foremost, not story, was always wanting this and probably will stay like this for a long time. Now a bit of story is good too i won't deny it, nobody will i guess. But there is a huge gap in wanting more story and pretending story was the be all of rpg games because it never was. Rpg games are not even close to book or movies, those really are about story if you get what i mean. I don't want to be a spectator in my games thanks even if it is a spectator with 3 choices at every conversation.

For your knowledge the story part in GW2 begin right at the character creation when you begin to build your character background with few choices about your families and stuff like that. Then you have a quest line about your personal story. May be you could try to get info about this.

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by wojtekpl

This makes my giggle. Unlike SWTOR, GW2 had already thousands or tens of thousands players playing it hands down and even after that most of the players [even haters] say the game is incredible. How many people exactly played SWTOR hands on on conventions? BW has demo stations to show it themselves to the public. So what is exactly "blind faith" in GW2? That everything they say is already in the game and seen by tens of thousands? lol

(snips)

Except as pointed before many of those "rabid fans" as you call them have played the game personally. More people played GW2 than SWTOR and even after that GW2 has less shit to it than TOR. Also GW2 releases a lot more information about a lot more things in regard to the game and also only when they are in the game already.

Fun. That is why people play games. If i can get that awesome looking armor i want this is some part of "endgame". Also in WoW u just raid.... for loot or enounters? If encounters it will be 100 times better in gw2. If for loot, well maybe play diablo 2 or 3 when i releases since numbers might excite you?

Hmm, sounds kind of questionable, from the fact that SWTOR's closed beta has been going on for more than a year now, that GW2 still has been in a alpha/early beta stage during that time, and the observation that at conventions the number of people that have been playing SWTOR has been larger than the number of people playing GW2 (accounts of 5-6+ hour long waiting times as early as last year), I'd guess that more people have played SWTOR.

However, it's kind of a non-argument, the number of people that actually played an MMO, because it doesn't actually say anything.

Also, the information policy for both BW and ANet is kind of the same, both only release info when they're pretty damn sure it made it into the game in good working condition. As for information revealed, same thing, I've been watching both games (and others) and compared to other MMO releases, both companies are pretty abundant with the information they've been revealing in the course of time.

The whole 'WoW vs GW2' epeen thing I see pop up in threads daily I personally find kind of immature and petty, and it reminds me of the rabid fanbases of WAR and AoC in a negative way, it's getting tiresome as well.

However, I agree on the fun component: most people don't give a fuck about what kind of game it is what they're playing or how the feature list looks like, as long as they're having a great time. People can bash WoW all they like, but WoW showed pretty clearly that games don't have to be revolutionarily innovative or sandboxy for most people to enjoy an MMORPG, it just has to be fun for them, and then you'll see them playing a lot longer than when they reached level cap. Personally I intend to have fun in GW2 as well as SWTOR and TSW.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• cali59cali59 Member Posts: 1,634

Originally posted by Gwing

srry but if tGW2 plays like GW one did i wont even bother to look at this game...did NOT liek the instanced cities and non instanced world feel...felt liek i was playing a 1995 RPG...PvP also dosnt intrest me as much as Story does, so this gam better haev a dam good story cuz i need sumthign to draw me in not shappy looks and suspected "innovation"

STORY is by FAR more inportant that anything else in a video game, i dont liek to be thrown into a game  that i have to put the story together like a freaking chineez puzzle...now square soft always had Epic great story lines to there games but recently i have become VERY dissapointed in them...lets hope this game has a decent story line so it dont fall flat on its face...

heck a game could have a port that plugs you the player directly in the game world and its still woudnt intrest me if the story aint worth a wooden nickle....

STORY FTW

STORY > ANYTHING ELSE

Its just me but i have a bad feelign about this game...sumthing bad is abrewing with it and when its realesed...dont knwo what it is but i had it with Aion, Rift and MO n well look at them now...Aion is a joke, Rift is fighting for its life and MO well enough said if u dont know how bad it is then god help u!

GW2 plays nothing like GW1.  Not only is it a fully persistent open world and a trule MMO instead of a CORPG, it just plays completely different.  I don't even know that I can think of a single thing carried over from GW1.  It could be a completely new IP except for the lore, and even that is set 250 years in the future.

Every character has a personal story mode with branching outcomes based on choices in game and at character creation.  It will easily have the most story in any game not named SWTOR.

Check out what the game has to offer.  Look at the hours and hours of demo footage available.  You'll see you have a lot less to worry about than with other games.

"Gamers will no longer buy the argument that every MMO requires a subscription fee to offset server and bandwidth costs. It's not true – you know it, and they know it." -Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet, 2007

• LeongtiLeongti Member Posts: 37
    Totally agree its not a direct bum fight between GW2 and SWTOR, they are both coming at mmo's from a totally different angle.

SWTOR is refining an already successful mmo structure and creating depth and a decent storyline which will appeal to players that already enjoy that style and structure of mmo.

GW2 are coming at it by addressing issues that they see in the current mmo structure plus creating new additional content that they feel will result in a better style of mmo.

Now neither of these are wrong as they are both providing a better quality of gameplay and mmo hopefully. Having both types to play can only be viewed as a plus.
  • grndzrogrndzro Member UncommonPosts: 1,162

The vast majority of negative ppl on here never experienced GW1 and the awesome PVP matches, or the amazing scenery of the pve.

GW isn't about raiding....it never will be.

It's about having an awesome PVE experience leading up to awesome PVP.

This game will never cater to the EQ/wow crowd mindset of gear grinding.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Originally posted by Happyguy83

Originally posted by Fir3line

{mod edit}

You know MMOs are screwed when you have to chose between WoW with lightsabers and an Over hyped game (at least on this site).

In all seriouness I never said I didn't enjoy my experiance playing the game. I just didn't find it to be the genre changer people on this site claim it to be.

You play Eve, don't you? Totally different genre. GW2 is shaping up to redefine how an MMO should be, but even that won't be truly enough for those that really dive into the sandbox mentality of Eve, which is by it's own rights a ton of fun. At least... in wormholes it is... don't have to leave the ship to do things.

I'll definitely dive headlong into GW2, no questions there. Eve will stay active... depending on how that goes, of course. Incarna has failed to impress...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• sonoggisonoggi Member Posts: 1,119

Originally posted by Foomerang

The only jaded MMO gamers I see are over zealous GW2 fans.

Its pretty simple really. You play a game the way you want to play. Especially in an mmo. Some of you guys are hopelessly bound to the rules of the game. And I feel kind of bad for you. If you dont want to do something in an mmo, then dont do it. If it makes it too hard to play, dont play it. If you cant find anything fun, walk away.

oh really? the ONLY jaded MMO'ers are GW2 fans? how does that make any sense? so i guess the dozens of people that i personally knew, and the thousands of people who continue to leave games WoW and EVE are all GW2 fanboys? it has nothing to do with the grind, and lack of fresh content, amirite?

"play the game i want to play"...."the carrot on the stick is all in my mind"...please. so grinding gear at end game has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of content in game X is designed AROUND grinding gear?

i really wanna know what games youre playing man...maybe i wont even bother with GW2 then cuz by the sounds of it, there's a whole bunch of perfect products out there right now.

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by sonoggi

The only jaded MMO gamers I see are over zealous GW2 fans.

Its pretty simple really. You play a game the way you want to play. Especially in an mmo. Some of you guys are hopelessly bound to the rules of the game. And I feel kind of bad for you. If you dont want to do something in an mmo, then dont do it. If it makes it too hard to play, dont play it. If you cant find anything fun, walk away.

oh really? the ONLY jaded MMO'ers are GW2 fans? how does that make any sense? so i guess the dozens of people that i personally knew, and the thousands of people who continue to leave games WoW and EVE are all GW2 fanboys? it has nothing to do with the grind, and lack of fresh content, amirite?
    "play the game i want to play"...."the carrot on the stick is all in my mind"...please. so grinding gear at end game has nothing to do with the fact that 90% of content in game X is designed AROUND grinding gear?
    i really wanna know what games youre playing man...maybe i wont even bother with GW2 then cuz by the sounds of it, there's a whole bunch of perfect products out there right now.

See that first line you quoted. I see over zealous GW2 fans here, on this site. Im not talking about every person out there that is interested in GW2. Im not talking about your buddies that dont come to this site.

Theres no big secret in how I play mmorpgs. I make friends and play with them when I want to do multiplayer stuff, I solo when I feel like taking a break from that, or do just about any of the multiple game features that most of the main mmos bring. If none of that is appealing to me, I can go exploring or holy shit do some actual role playing! I know thats crazy talk, right? Role playing and meeting new people and doing group content in an mmorpg... what a concept. Its not my riddle to solve if you cant get your brain past that shiny new tier of gear. If you make that the ultimate goal in an mmo and hate the game for it, thats your own fault. Meanwhile, I may or may not get around to it. There's always different ways to play the game.

• luedienielluedieniel Member Posts: 4

I was going to get both SWTOR and GW2 at first, did alot of reading on the features and unfortunately, after watching some ingame videos of SWTOR I quite frankly realised that it was nothing I would be interested in playing, the graphics are pretty much outdated by a couple of years, the game itself brings in nothing new and I'm just not a huge fan of star wars overall, the only thing it actually has going for it is the fact that it is being made by bioware, a company that just seems to be incapable of creating a bad game.

I truly hope SWTOR becomes a great game and hopefully it will go strong for many years to come, I wont personally be playing it ofcourse it might turn out to be just 'WoW with lightsabers' and it might turn out to be something pretty grand, but no.. I'm just not impressed by it and would very much rather play GW2.

That said however the difference between the 2 games are pretty large, the main similarity between the 2 are that they both focus on storytelling, Biowares focus has clearly been on developing interesting characters around you with a fully voiced game, wether this is a good or a bad thing remains to be seen but I wouldn't care much about wether the npc next to me spoke or not.

GW2 has its "personalized storyline" where your story is determined based on several things, among others: The dynamic events in the game, as I know there are tons of information revolving around all this already I don't think I have to go into that much detail, if it interests you, look it up.

The main perk of GW2 above SWTOR to me has to be its pvp tho, there is ALOT going on there, server v server, private pvpservers, private pvp tournaments, zone control and the absolute pinnacle has to be the active combatsystem, you dodge, block manually rather than having the customary % based passive shot at performing said block.

Looking forward to trying the SWTOR beta before I make up my mind completely tho.

Enjoy your cake.

Because I can.

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,081

Hype. I want to love GW2 but it's really not any more next gen than anything else coming out.

• TalthanysTalthanys Member Posts: 458

Originally posted by Valentina

Hype. I want to love GW2 but it's really not any more next gen than anything else coming out.

Eh. Matter of opinion. Both GW2 and ToR are taking a different approach to different things. For me, it's simply seeing that ToR's approach is neither as deep as I'd want or in a direction that I prefer. GW2's approach is more in line with what I am hoping for.

And, honestly, art does matter to me. GW2 has it hands down over ToR. Just my opinion. That watercolor wash effect has not been done before in any game that I've played.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    I look forward to trying GW2,but I'm in not going to be the equivilant of a squealing girl at a justin beiber concert about it.When it comes to mmos,you let yourself get so hyped like some people are,chances are you're going to be let down.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

Originally posted by sonoggi

sure, BW has a great portfolio, but to be honest, the guys and girls who have built the game from scratch are a little bit behind the times. this is why we're not seeing any "revolutionary" things in TOR. you could tell from the start, and as more and more impressions come out, the concensus is pretty much that if you want more of the same old, standard MMO, TOR will satisfy.

this is far off from the conclusion that TOR will be successful in the long run. just because the genre is so stangant and so full of jaded gamers, it's my opinion that future MMO's must bring something fresh to the table. therefore, while i do have faith that TOR will be a quality multiplayer RPG, i do not see a reason to celebrate its future success like i do with GW2.

The only jaded MMO gamers I see are over zealous GW2 fans. They cling to it like its the only lifeboat on a sinking ship. Meanwhile, theres about 10 million content MMO gamers hanging out on the beach wondering wtf those kids are yelling about.

Oh I know, GW2 is breaking all the rules so if we dont like it, we must be blind, stubborn, slaves to the grind right?

Ive been playing mmos for a long ass time. Been playing video games since the 70s. I see a lot of people on this forum complain about gear treadmills, raid or die, grinding their brains out, cant find a tank/healer in time, spamming two buttons in combat, getting ganked etc. So Anet comes along and their solution to all of the "strife" is to literally remove it from the game. And people sing free at last.

But what I find odd is that Ive been playing most of the same mmos as you guys for the past ten years or so and I can honestly say I havent had any of the problems you guys have been having since oh about 2002. How is that possible? Its pretty simple really. You play a game the way you want to play. Especially in an mmo. Some of you guys are hopelessly bound to the rules of the game. And I feel kind of bad for you. If you dont want to do something in an mmo, then dont do it. If it makes it too hard to play, dont play it. If you cant find anything fun, walk away.

You can build up GW2 in your mind and make it out to be the perfect game. But its not going to save you from yourself. You have to choose that. Its something that you couldve done years ago. You never had to chase that carrot on a stick. I havent done that in almost a decade. But if it takes Anet to make a game where they literally remove the carrot from the game for you to feel released, then by all means, embrace it. Just try to understand that a lot of us, the majority of us are already playing mmos because we have a lot of fun. So your epiphany may be new to you, but not to me. And Im sure a lot of others that are able to play current style mmos and have a good time.

Now THIS is a dramatic post :)!

"It's not going to save you from yourself, only you have to choose that" really????

You know, I don't really think that the reason people are excited about GW2 is because of a lack of raiding.  It's not like this is something that ANet uses as a marketing ploy.  In fact, most people seem to view it as a negative or be relatively neutral.  I personally have never been on a raid and never intend to be, so GW2's lack of raiding obviously is of little consequence to me.

People are excited about GW2 because of what it DOES have.

1.  Dynamic events that will hopefully provide a less linear and "pulled by the nose" leveling experience.

2.  No holy trinity that forces players into specific very specialized roles, limiting gameplay and strategy.

3.  Personal story.  Granted I think SWTOR has GW2 beat hands down with the story aspect just because that is their focus, but story has never really mattered much for me in an MMORPG.

4.  WvWvW PvP that will hopefully be similar to DAoC.

5.  Competitive PvP that will be almost entirely based on skill and you won't win or lose just because you have better or worse gear/exp.

6.  Combat with more action and more emphasis on positioning than typical tab-target games.

7.  Huge underwater zones and unique underwater abilities.

8.  The ability to switch between weapons (and thus skillsets) on the fly, expanding your tactical options.

The list could go on.

There is plenty to be excited about at this point with GW2.  I can't promise that any of this stuff will actually be as good as promised, but it's not like "lack of raiding" is the best thing that GW2 has going for it; as you seem to make it out to be in your post.

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• KelthiusKelthius Member UncommonPosts: 298

Originally posted by Creslin321

The list could go on.

There is plenty to be excited about at this point with GW2.  I can't promise that any of this stuff will actually be as good as promised, but it's not like "lack of raiding" is the best thing that GW2 has going for it; as you seem to make it out to be in your post.

I agree, the game is very exciting. However, there is a difference between being excited about a game and worshiping it. The poeple on this forum make it out to be a God and bash on other games like hunters used to do to seals.

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by wojtekpl

This makes my giggle. Unlike SWTOR, GW2 had already thousands or tens of thousands players playing it hands down and even after that most of the players [even haters] say the game is incredible. How many people exactly played SWTOR hands on on conventions? BW has demo stations to show it themselves to the public. So what is exactly "blind faith" in GW2? That everything they say is already in the game and seen by tens of thousands? lol

Wha?!?!? I had to take a triple take at this response as I couldn't believe what I read twice. SWTOR has been playable at conventions for a long time now, misinformation much?

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

"It's not going to save you from yourself, only you have to choose that" really????
    You know, I don't really think that the reason people are excited about GW2 is because of a lack of raiding.  It's not like this is something that ANet uses as a marketing ploy.  In fact, most people seem to view it as a negative or be relatively neutral.  I personally have never been on a raid and never intend to be, so GW2's lack of raiding obviously is of little consequence to me.
    1.  Dynamic events that will hopefully provide a less linear and "pulled by the nose" leveling experience.
    2.  No holy trinity that forces players into specific very specialized roles, limiting gameplay and strategy.
    3.  Personal story.  Granted I think SWTOR has GW2 beat hands down with the story aspect just because that is their focus, but story has never really mattered much for me in an MMORPG.
    5.  Competitive PvP that will be almost entirely based on skill and you won't win or lose just because you have better or worse gear/exp.
    6.  Combat with more action and more emphasis on positioning than typical tab-target games.
    8.  The ability to switch between weapons (and thus skillsets) on the fly, expanding your tactical options.
    The list could go on.

haha its not that dramatic unless youre picturing someone saying all that stuff with a skull in their hand. I wrote it with a level head and intended it to be matter of fact. forum posts are always open to interpretation i guess heh
  • BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979

"Sirius... is there really going to be another war?

It... feels like it did last time."

Best quote to sum up this thread. /win

There is something to be said about GW2 though... as someone who has been very active in this genre since 1999 playing every major/minor title for some period of time or another...

but having no direct hands-on experience myself with this game...

It does... feel a little different. Something exciting, something new... this really could be a game changer. As someone who I feel like knows this genre extremely, extremely well... I do have a feeling about this game that not even my precious SWTOR gives me.

Is it hope? Excitement? Whatever it is... I really don't enjoy GW1 due to the controls/style of combat... but on my home PC the desktop background is a series of GW2 pics that cycles every 30 seconds.

If that tell you anything...

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

The list could go on.

haha its not that dramatic unless youre picturing someone saying all that stuff with a skull in their hand. I wrote it with a level head and intended it to be matter of fact. forum posts are always open to interpretation i guess heh

I believe that you didn't mean it to be that dramatic.  But it's difficult to interpret subtle things like dramatism and sarcasm through only the written word :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• DLangleyDLangley Member Posts: 1,407

Let's stay on topic guys, thanks!

Mod has forced me to retract my statement. ON TOPIC: I will play both TOR and GW2 because I am a fan of good PvP.

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

NVm, I like what I saw from GW2 at PAX and gamescom, great showing :).

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

• Fir3lineFir3line Member Posts: 767

Originally posted by Kelthius

Mod has forced me to retract my statement. ON TOPIC: I will play both TOR and GW2 because I am a fan of good PvP.

lucky you, i get straight banned

"I am not a robot. I am a unicorn."

Originally posted by Fir3line

Originally posted by Kelthius

lucky you, i get straight banned

Lol, I saw the mod post right after I posted mine.

• Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by Yaruna

*snip*

I played the game and combat wise I wasn't as impressed as other people and the lack of raiding doesn't really help.

Well, I for one think that the 'lack' of raiding is a Godsent. If you REALLY want to raid over and over and over then I'd have to suggest you play one of those games. WoW is out there, SWToR will be out there, I'm sure there's more than enough to let you raid to your hearts content. I'm personally bored to pieces with raiding, I have real life job and a family with kids. When I want to relax a bit and play a game, I really don't need yet another job.

It looks like GW2 will not offer your traditional PvE raiding. Some big Dynamic Events might come somewhat close to what you're looking for but I doubt it will be your dream come true.

I think lack of raiding show that dev are just lazy, I think Anet is trying too hard trying to be different that they forget the basics of MMOs, With the exception of running into random DE there is no reason not to use instant travel, no mounts or dualing in another big thing with me. Though they are getting rid of the crap that made me wanna break the CD of GW1. So that a big plus.

After watching their menifetsto thingy I look at Anet as the smug little bastard who even while I agree with on a lot of points I hate them just out of princelple. You can't tell me that everyone else is doing something wrong when said way is the most popular.

I think the lack of raiding is the biggest freaking reason why alot of gamers like me will be making GW2 their MMO of choice.

Its ok that you like repetition and blandness in your games.  Its ok that you dont like feeling like a hero in a game.  Its ok that you want to have your hand held and told what to do for 85 levels in a game.  Its ok that you want to play with 19+ other masochist, basement dwelling E-Nerds in a game.  Its ok that you enjoy travelling 50% of your time while in game.

What isnt ok is you come here telling millions of others that your style og gameplay is the only way MMO developers should make games. 

its been 11 years and counting of themepark, hand holding, huge raiding, dominance.  Lets give the genre a twist and throw in some sandbox elements in the genre and shake up the whole genre with removing industry specific standards and let GW2 try their thing out for a few years.

I will wager you that within 2-5 years after GW2's release you will see alot more MMO's forgoing that whole EQ/WoW/Rift/ToR standard and moving to a more GW2 style of gameplay.  And for me that is a damn good thing because this whole clone of a clone of a clone got old 3 or 4 years ago.

[Mod Edit]

OMG, that was well put! Masochistic E-Nerds are part of the reason I wanna say to hell with the "business as usual" MMO's. Did you know that some of these guys take out 2nd mortgages, on their moms' basements, to finance their gaming habits?

My feelings would not be hurt if raiding died out forever. Don't get me wrong...I've been on some really good, well-organized raids (across many games), but they were the exception and not the rule. In the end, it really is more work than fun, to me. Having options is a beautiful thing.

• Originally posted by res_1

Ya GW2 is going to be "huge"........ not......  these statistics say otherwise.

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/swtor.com+guildwars2.com+guildwars2guru.com/

http://siteanalytics.compete.com/swtor.com+guildwars2.com+worldofwarcraft.com/

You can certainly see where all the WoW players are going.... certainly not GW2. 

Those also show that even with all of GW2's "hype", that there is very little change per month in people checking the game out.

Hi. I followed the two links you posted, just out of curiosity, and saw that SW:TOR has some awesome numbers, but I did not actually see any numbers for GW2. Maybe I read it wrong, but I'm not seeing how "these statistics say otherwise". I also didn't see any numbers for WoW, just SW:TOR, StarWars.com, Champions-Online, STO, and swcombine.com. Also, out of these numbers, how would someone be able to identify the WoW players? Just curious.