Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Alien Queen In Colonial Marines Terrified Us-Impressions of Aliens Colonial Marines

firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

We peered into the dark halls and walked down the creaky metal floorboard of Gearbox’s upcoming Aliens game. Somehow we’re still alive to tell the tale.

After the events of Alien 3, a search and rescue team is sent out to investigate the state of the U.S.S. Sulaco and the missing marines who were dispatched to the Xenomorth infested planet LV-426. During the game, players will explore the Sulaco, planet LV-426, and the abandoned alien spacecraft from the first movie.

We witnessed an early section from the game in which a marine squad first sets foot on the planet. The team crash lands and has to quickly regroup as a horde of angry Xenomorths start to swarm about them. Some of the marines tried to set up a few stationary guns to fight back the crowd, but these were eventually overcome. Our marine tried to run back through the complex, and the whole base erupted into chaos, but when a semi-sized Alien Queen showed up, it was game over.

The game looks like a solid shooter, which shouldn’t surprise us coming from the developer that released Borderlands and the Brothers In Arms series. We haven’t seen much from this game that differentiates it from other sci-fi shooters, but the title looks intense, and if Gearbox can polish all of the game’s mechanics we should have another worthwhile shooter to play when the game comes out next year.

Comments

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238

Game looks good, but I have one question that I'm very surprised nobody has asked.

HOW?!?

The complex was destroyed in a nuclear fireball the size of Nebraska. How in the hell is anything left of it, or the xenomorphs themselves? There should be nothing but a few bits of twisted metal and ash left of that place.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Originally posted by Rednecksith

Game looks good, but I have one question that I'm very surprised nobody has asked.

HOW?!?

The complex was destroyed in a nuclear fireball the size of Nebraska. How in the hell is anything left of it, or the xenomorphs themselves? There should be nothing but a few bits of twisted metal and ash left of that place.

Well they stated that the inital detnotation of the Atmosphere Processor didnt do much damage as was thought , they said they would explain that in the game, along with some other plot threads from Aliens-Alien 3 especially how did the Alien egg magically appear on the Sulaco in Alien 3, Burke's and Hudson's final fate, and some other little threads, I've been looking forward to this game for almost 10 yrs now glad it's shaping up to be a solid experience :D already pre-ordered and paid for now just release the game!!!!

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690

Huge fan of the movie series, I'll definitely be buying this. Lets rock! ;)