Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF a good, fun MMO for a casual

LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

that isnt just a wow clone, considering trying runescape again

Comments

• rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

I too was looking for something along those lines. I am currently playing Runescape again (Dungeoneering is great once you find a more mature clan) and Dragons Nest. 

• coldcut333coldcut333 Member Posts: 86

You could try DC Universe Online.Would be ideal for a casual MMO and it's certainly no wow clone.The fighting is fast and twitchy,combat is like kinda like a fighting game with combos,interupts and blocks.Not tons of content but the fun PVP keeps me hooked.

• TemeritTemerit Member Posts: 27

Originally posted by coldcut333

You could try DC Universe Online.Would be ideal for a casual MMO and it's certainly no wow clone.The fighting is fast and twitchy,combat is like kinda like a fighting game with combos,interupts and blocks.Not tons of content but the fun PVP keeps me hooked.

Yeah, go with DCUO if you like almost constant exploitation in PvP, boring PvE, no content, and low pop. 

Id say wait for GW2 OR, if you like MOBAs, try LoL. If you do try LoL, message me (zSiNz) and I can answer any questions/give advice/etc.

• surstromingsurstroming Member UncommonPosts: 151

runes of magic

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Originally posted by surstroming

runes of magic

This or Allods

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

You two blind? RoM and Allods are the biggest wow clones around

• LawlieLawlie Member Posts: 49

ruins of magic and allods are both WoW clones and pay to win games, could it get any worse?

You could try Ultima online, or dark age of camelot, both are monthy sub games with a 14 day free trial, very casual friendly

• SeinaruSeinaru Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 109

Out of the ones that aren't in your sig I'd recommend Vindictus, Dragon's Nest, maybe DDO.

RuneScape is good as long as you can stand its graphics. Idk about playing it f2p though, because it's so restricted. Imo Mabinogi offers more than f2p RS does so you might consider it.

Vindictus and Mabinogi are especially nice for casuals. Vindictus has offline character progression and Mabinogi has a special leveling system that basically makes it easier to level if you play casually.

Edit: I noticed that you had a second thread so I figured I'd just edit this instead of posting there. Vindictus, Dragon's Nest, and DDO are all dungeon crawlers while RS and Mab an both be dungeon crawlers if you play them that way. So again I'd recommend these same games. In Vindictus and Dragon's Nest PUGing is easy and in DDO you can hire NPCs if you want.

• TravisimoTravisimo Member Posts: 12

I'd still suggest LOTRO as the best for a casual, but if not... Runescape is OK, I suppose, but... it depends on your definition of casual. If you mean all the way through, I have no idea, but I'm a casual player of Age of Conan, and that, in my opinion, is not even vaguely a WoW clone (haven't made it to any endgame though).

• LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

thanks you two :)