Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for a High-Fantasy MMO.

varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

By High-Fantasy, I mean something like Forgotten Realms.   The closest game to that, that I can think of, is EverQuest II.

I've played EverQuest II since launch and a lot of recent changes have just pushed me away.

I don't mind PVP but I'd like a nice story to go along with it.   Something that is deep, makes sense, and I feel a part of it.

I'd like to play an Evil Wizard and possibly have the option to Role-Play.   So, a game with some RPers would be great!

Thank you in advance,

Var

Comments

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by Scambug

Give Ryzom a try, you might like it.

It's fantasy but with super original races and lore. 

Graphics/sound are a little old and the population isn't great (I mean in numbers, otherwise great community) but it's free until mid levels and it's the most immersive game I've played in a while.

Not enough PvP for my taste though.

It looks as if the game is dying?   A lot of negative threads about it and it doesn't look very high-fantasy.

• varriusvarrius Member Posts: 106

Originally posted by varrius

Give Ryzom a try, you might like it.

It's fantasy but with super original races and lore. 

Graphics/sound are a little old and the population isn't great (I mean in numbers, otherwise great community) but it's free until mid levels and it's the most immersive game I've played in a while.

Not enough PvP for my taste though.

It looks as if the game is dying?   A lot of negative threads about it and it doesn't look very high-fantasy.

It actually already died once in 2008 but was ressurected.

Now it looks pretty stable with a faithful, albeit small, player base.

It's clearly not high fantasy - no orcs and elves. But like I said, very original races/lore/art.

A bowl of fresh air if you ask me. 

Immersive games are hard to find these days and this one does a good job at that.

If nothing else comes, I will keep it in mind.

I really, really want high-fantasy though.    

I do appreciate your effort, thank you.

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030

It doesn't get any more high fantasy than Lord of the Rings Online.