Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

pve long term goals

BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

Hi guys, im a month into the game and getting into the groove, but now its crunch time, i need big long term (6-12 month) PVE goals.  Can some PVE long term players give some ideas.

Out of interest, the idea of having super (and i mean very very) expensive items is an interesting potential goal for me - I would love to see the Eve devs increase the shop to give more extravagant and dramatic luxury items that can be showed off as a badge of success. 

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Comments

• Zookz1Zookz1 Member Posts: 629

WH's, plexes, missions, incursions, mining(don't mine).

Pimp fit your ships if you enjoy luxury, but don't be surprised when you get ganked. By the way, where are you planning to fly this luxury yacht?

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

oook.  Anyway. question stands, for any long term pve player.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

work your way to getting a machariel for mission running... in Eve your not really relegated to just doing one thing, nothing stopping you doing a bit of mission running, mining, while keeping on top of your PI activities.. and joining in the odd excursion into WH space... or helping others deal with an Incursion.. the best thing to do.. is join a corp that does those kinds of things.. and there are plenty of them to choose from.. image

That more like it :) what the most difficult PVE activity in the game, level 4 missions/incursions?

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

Originally posted by Bladestrom

That more like it :) what the most difficult PVE activity in the game, level 4 missions/incursions?

Either doing sleeper sites in a class-6 Wormhole, or doing 10/10-rated Plexes.

Do the plexes in hostile space for an additional hike in difficulty. There's nothing sweeter than carrying away an X-type module or a pirate battleship BPC out of a hostile system ;)

Incidentally, you will find having an alt who can fly a carrier to be an invaluable benefit when doing things like this.

Level 4 missions are ridiculously easy once you can fly a Tengu or a battleship with T2 guns. I mean like fall-asleep easy. Doing pirate level 4s in NPC 0.0 is a bit more challenging, but the extra challenge comes almost wholly from the PvP aspect. The missions themselves aren't really any harder. They're much more profitable as well, of course.

BTW: The ship to train for PvE is the Tengu.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

ok sounds good, ill research the Tengu builds, nice :)  what does 10/10 plex refer to?

edit. I was using follow as a guid, seem reasonable?

Best all rounded lv 4 mission ship

1) CNR (65-75m isk/hour, abit less in amarr/min space)

2) Nightmare (65-75m isk/hour, amarr space specific)

3) Tengu (50-60m isk/hour, caldari space specific)

4) Raven (40-60m isk/hour)

edit CNR kitted out and aiming for class 6 wormholes sounds like a nice goal, think ill start planning for that.

My W-space experience is somewhat limited, but from what I hear, CNRs are not favoured. The Nightmare is awesome for DPS, but not so much for tank (it relies on killing stuff so fast that they can't do much damage); it's a fine mission ship, but you'll need a tank buddy to do plexes or sleeper sites.

Is it fair to say c1-c2 is no probs with correct setup.  C3 requires high setup and can be ISK risky, C4 and above is group only?

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Is it fair to say c1-c2 is no probs with correct setup.  C3 requires high setup and can be ISK risky, C4 and above is group only?

Depends on what you fly. Game balance is a joke in EVE so what is a 'group content' for one set of ships is soloable in another, especially Tengu.

Basically you are right. C4 and above is viable for groups as it would be inefficient to solo, similar to soloing L5 missions in a sub capital ship.

10/10 Plex is a reference to hidden (mission like)sites you can find via probing(exploration). Those Plexes come in DED rating where 1 is the easiest and 10 the highest rating. They often require you to have a hacking module fitted in order to open locked containers.

As for missions, the best mission sub capital ship is Golem imo and in high security space you will be able to make around 55M per hour, considering you have perfect skills.

The earning estimates you posted are exaggerated imo.

Those earning estimates are highly dependent on finding an excellent LP -> ISK conversion. You will probably find them difficult to achieve in practice. I make about 100mill an hour doing missions in 0.0 (Curse)

EDIT: I use an "unprobeable" (ie: very difficult to probe) Tengu. Halos ftw.

YE Estimates are allways over-egged.  I have continued to research and Im going to go for navy Raven for Level 4 mission and WH C1 + 2.  Leaving Golem/Tengu as a latter goal for when I get skilled up more and can take full advantage and aim for solo C3.  The risk of taking a Tengu/Golem into low sec space is a worry, So leaving that one for when I am up to speed on pvp :)

I did consider the Tengu over the Raven from the start, but NCR has the edge for missions and for a lower skilled player, Tengu/tech 3 is more attuned to WH work (at least from what I can tell so far and I am a nooble here) + Tengu is more pricey ofc.

First step Caracel I think, so much still to learn :)