Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Classes?

I've seen the races, but what about classes and such (besides trade)? I've probably overlooked any info on it so please fill me in.....

~image~

Comments

• HedenHeden Member Posts: 131

Hi,

Don't forget that HZ is skill based and not class based.  I think your question is more what skills are there instead of classes.

From what I have read there are alot of skills, as for a list of em, I have not seen one sorry.

Heden

Heden

• RPGPorksterRPGPorkster Member Posts: 77

Yes, you will learn the class styles by subscribing to the class guilds.

Each class guild will have its own infrustructure and gods.

There are paladins, druids, and the other D&D class styles.

• RanariusRanarius Member Posts: 11
    I don't know all the classes, but I am pretty sure there are specific classes.  Even though it is a skill based game.  A while back I read something about it, but I can't remember where...anyway, I plan on being a ranger.  image

Originally posted by Ranarius
    I don't know all the classes, but I am pretty sure there are specific classes.  Even though it is a skill based game.  A while back I read something about it, but I can't remember where...anyway, I plan on being a ranger.  image

I kinda used the wrong words last time I posted on this one....it is more schools than classes (schools is an Artifact word for it).  I think they didn't want classes only because people are used to being locked into a specific class, whereas with HZ you are not locked into anything, you can change schools/classes any time you like.

There is a list of schools out there somewhere, and the next time I see it, I will post it here.

Heden

***Just agree with me and we will get along fine*** :P

Heden

• jeep21243jeep21243 Member Posts: 178
    did i read the FAQ wrong or can you actually be a dragon in this game as a playable character?

Let me get this right: The dragons breath knocks you over the 300' cliff onto the jagged rocks below and you want a saving throw?

Originally posted by jeep21243
    did i read the FAQ wrong or can you actually be a dragon in this game as a playable character?

Let me get this right: The dragons breath knocks you over the 300' cliff onto the jagged rocks below and you want a saving throw?

Yes you read em right...you can play a dragon, but it is not an easy race to play (so they are saying).

As for Dragon Breath pushing over edge...:) good luck.

***Just agree with me and we will get along fine*** :P

Heden

• SoultierSoultier Member Posts: 24
    yup dragons are going to be the hardest and most time consumeing race . But it pays off in then end there suppose to be the strongest race in the late game time frame. They also get there own schools/skills that only they can have. so most likely you will see the dragons  sticking together grouping etc. Which kinda makes a there own society thing which is kinda cool to.

Dragons are the less social of the races and are more solo oriented (from what I read).  This draws me to them, but I also love being an archer.  I can not see a dragon picking up a bow and arrow...though it is a funny mental picture.

My main char will still be a Saris, but I will try a Dragon as I am sure most people will.

Heden

Heden

• SoultierSoultier Member Posts: 24
    nope dragons won't be useing any held weapons or wearing any armor =)

I don't really think there a solo race thou. According to what the devolpers say if you try and solo to much under adult stage as a dragon your probaly going to die alot =P. and it's at least 3 months till you can do the adult dragon right of passage quest. =P

Originally posted by Soultier 

I don't really think there a solo race thou. According to what the devolpers say if you try and solo to much under adult stage as a dragon your probaly going to die alot =P. and it's at least 3 months till you can do the adult dragon right of passage quest. =P

I didn't read that...hmmm, well still going with Saris. :)

Heden

Heden

Heden

• CalmCalm Member Posts: 17

I want demons image and steal others mind and turn them into my slaves

imageimage  image  imageimage

But back on topic, I remember reading somewhere about there being a archer/ranger thing not 100% sure, but if you take certain skills you basically make the sterotypical barbarian tank or what not...not 100% sure to much info floating around on to many sites.

now back to thinking of demons

imageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimageimage

hoards of slaves...maybe even a dragon one are to imageimage

Now to wait and power lvl so I may journey to hell and back to have my prize if they add it in.

• millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

My only Question is that if there is a school/skill system what kind of skills can u get ppl say ill be a ranger.. Will there be skills that would make u a Necro or Shadow knight to control the undead or charm them?? cuz that would be kool thats my main char in eq (necro) and i wanted to be sorta the same in horizons but if they arent going to have more than 3 diff classes.... Tank, Healer, Ranger it will be GAY!! i mean u need alot of diff skills to match up with diff ppl some want to be a mage, elementalist, healer, War, Ranger, Necro, Rouge, Pally, Shadow knight, ETC ETC ETC!! ya know!?!

if anyone can clarify would be sweet!

• nalanala Member Posts: 173

HI...there are TONS of schools. I don't want to break NDA and stuff...but from the FAQ I found you this:

Q: HOW MANY DIFFERENT SCHOOLS ARE THERE?
    A: There are eight schools: Warrior, Healer, Scout, Wizard, Scholar, Outfitter, Gatherer, and Blacksmith. These eight schools can be joined at the time a character is created or anytime thereafter. There are teachers of all of these schools in every starting town. These schools breakdown into two major categories: Adventure and Trades. A character can belong to either or both of these categories simultaneously. A character can only belong to one school within a category at any one time. For example: you can be a Scout, a Weaponsmith/Scout, or a Weaponsmith. You cannot be a Scout/Wizard simultaneously, though you can spend time as a Scout and then switch to a Wizard which would provide you with more advanced skills in both.
    Q: DO THE SCHOOLS LIMIT MY CHARACTER FROM BECOMING A SPECIFIC KIND OF WARRIOR/ADVENTURER TYPE?
    A: No. In addition to these eight schools, there are other schools to which a character can belong. These other schools (known as prestige schools) teach different skills and some can provide a more challenging play experience. Some of the prestige schools require the completion of a quest for admission or sufficient knowledge of specific skills. Examples of prestige schools are: Alchemist, Armorer, Artisan, Carpenter, Monk, Ranger and Paladin. This list is not complete and we will be adding more prestige schools both prior to release and after. Some prestige schools will not be announced since membership in them is a secret of the school.

And there are more than just listed there...obviously as he said this list is not complete...hope that helps.

• millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

I would just like to know if i can be a necro or shadow knight basicly.... lol i dont see any school that u could or might have a pet?? thats what i would like to know but i guess ill have to wait till Dumb NDA drops or game comes out but by them i might just pick eq2 instead cuz i know u can be a necro there.