Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Video Card $250

MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

I have everything picked out but the video card.  I am looking to spend around 250.  Any advice would be apprecaited.  I had another thread up earlier but did not act very quickly.  I hope to do the purchase tonight.  

Thanks in advance.

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Comments

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

--John Ruskin

• QuizzicalQuizzical Member LegendaryPosts: 25,351

Out of those two options, I'd rather have the Radeon HD 6950.  Better performance, lower power consumption, a better feature set, and probably a better cooler, too.  It's also cheaper before rebate, and only slightly more expensive after rebate.

Originally posted by Quizzical

Out of those two options, I'd rather have the Radeon HD 6950.  Better performance, lower power consumption, a better feature set, and probably a better cooler, too.  It's also cheaper before rebate, and only slightly more expensive after rebate.

That is the one I went with.  I hope it works well.

--John Ruskin