Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who else is leaving when TOR comes out?

IsturiIsturi Member Posts: 1,509

I know I am probably for good. After all TOR is WoW but with lightsabers.

Comments

• crusher143crusher143 Member UncommonPosts: 198

Well I have quit WoW already a half year ago and this is the first time after my WoW breaks i didnt come back after a month. Since cata at least for me WoW lost alot of its appeal, the best time I really had was in BC. Let´s take an example for playing a shaman, as shaman you really felt you had armor, you could do dmg as ele sure you couldnt do the dmg of a pure DD but you still could heal fairly well that was why you choosed a hybrid that was balanced and fun for that class role. And now what happened to class roles ? It´s just boring.

Other thing is the the instant spell spam for example as mage, VERY BORING gameplay :/. As caster I want to cast and if I cast long spells I want to get rewarded but now when I look my nephew playing for example frost he is doing much more dmg. than with fire, where is the logic ?

But thats just me, maybe 6 years WoW was just too much, but to be honest even if they changed now alot of stuff I couldnt go back after playing a game graphics and combat style wise like Aion (too bad Aion fails on every other aspect but maybe open PvP is just not for me), WoW is just too outdated already but thats only the icing on the cake cause there is so much wrong with WoW since Cata.

• SanguinelustSanguinelust Member UncommonPosts: 812

I'm leaving as soon as, oh wait, I stopped playing this game about a year ago. Well I could say I'm going to stop for TOR but the truth is after playing WoW since launch I don't want anything to do with it anymore. It's old, it's gotten moldy, and I no longer wonder what that color tastes like.

Seriously though, I have no desire to ever play this game again. No graphics overhaul, no epic game changing feature, no anything will make me want to play this again.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581
    Agree with crusher, I hate cata, left after I hit 85 and I don't think ill ever return anymore, especially when they remove the class specific quest, really make rerolling another class mute.
    I've gone back to aion though, read that with the current patch 2.6 alot of things have improve, so far so good with tons of quest to do

RIP Orc Choppa

• anthonyman6anthonyman6 Member UncommonPosts: 73

Never again will I return to WoW. It had its best times in Vanilla and BC. Now it's absolutely horrendous.

I am not really playing anything "hardcore" right now, but I will drop everything but a couple of FPS' when TOR releases.

• pierthpierth Member UncommonPosts: 1,494

Originally posted by Scambug

SWTOR was conceived from the ground up to cater to the WoW playerbase - as was Rift. So it really won't be sursprising if a large chunk of the WoWers migrate to TOR.

Agreed, however at least until players get through the various class storylines I think it will appeal to single player RPG fans as well. The longevity depends entirely on what they do at endgame. If they focus on yet another dungeon/raid gear grind then I don't see why players wouldn't just rotate between WoW/Rift/ToR once they're bored with the current raid content.

• DarkPonyDarkPony Member Posts: 5,566

x Not playing WOW at the moment but show me the results.