Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just started Aion...

VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723

I just started playing yesterday on the Perento server as an Asmodian. Really liking the game and considering upgrading from trial.

Just wanted to ask if it's worth sticking with? How is the population for grouping, guilds etc?

Been on a hunt for an MMO home for quite some time and hoping this might be the place to hang out for now, but wanting some advice.

Thanks!

Comments

• benbizzbenbizz Member Posts: 43

Originally posted by Vonatar

I just started playing yesterday on the Perento server as an Asmodian. Really liking the game and considering upgrading from trial.

Just wanted to ask if it's worth sticking with? How is the population for grouping, guilds etc?

Been on a hunt for an MMO home for quite some time and hoping this might be the place to hang out for now, but wanting some advice.

Thanks!

I've played the demo myself, so I don't have huge background knowledge, but I have read many threads on this topic so hopefully I can be a little helpful, and maybe some vets will be able to correct me if I'm wrong. But, apparently after level 10 the world starts to really open up and you'll find yourself apart of the community. Now a days(with the mentor quests) makes leveling a lot easier on newer players as well as opening up rewards for higher levels. Are you into PvP? This game is labeled as very PvP heavy at end game. They are adding a bunch of PvE content though in the near future, so don't let the PvP vibe deter you for the mean time.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by benbizz

I've played the demo myself, so I don't have huge background knowledge, but I have read many threads on this topic so hopefully I can be a little helpful, and maybe some vets will be able to correct me if I'm wrong. But, apparently after level 10 the world starts to really open up and you'll find yourself apart of the community. Now a days(with the mentor quests) makes leveling a lot easier on newer players as well as opening up rewards for higher levels. Are you into PvP? This game is labeled as very PvP heavy at end game. They are adding a bunch of PvE content though in the near future, so don't let the PvP vibe deter you for the mean time.

yes thes first 20 levels are very linear but after that the zones become much bigger, and you are able to go into the Abyss (where most of the sieges and pvp accurs).  however, you will find that most zones are made of "corridors" that guide you instead of the old completely open world. it's definately something to get used to but you pretty much only use these zones to level up and once you get to the level 55 zones it's all pretty much open.

population is  good on my server Vaizel but it does tend to be "higher level" heavy. up to level 30 or so it might be a bit hard to find groups. however, after 30 it's really no problem. it is usualy no problem finding a guild.

and end game is pretty much all geared twords pvp. baically you farm dungeons and mobs to gear up for pvp in the Abyss and the level 55 zones. wile you can just do the PvE thing even at end level it's really not that extensive or varied, and kinda gest stale quickly.  only a few repetitive dungeons with very low drop rate. sieging and Abyss pvp is what this game is all about in the end. pvp is also very gear dependent in this game.

• BoardwalkerBoardwalker Member UncommonPosts: 388

I just started playing Aion a couple weeks ago and I really like it. This game seems so...polished, and, to me, offers so much to do every time I log on.

I'm level 30 now, and always see tons of people running around, so the population looks good to me (asmo/Isphrael).

They can adjust a game all day, but they can't help the issue between the keyboard and the chair.
    Played: UO, DAoC, AC, WoW, EVE, TR, WAR, Aion, Rift, SWTOR, GW2, TSW, ESO, Elite:D
    Play EVE for free for 21 days

• frostsmithfrostsmith Member Posts: 111

I liked it, as well. Also, I love their character creations.. Something all MMO's out there should be like. So tired of gender locks, two hairstyles, along with five different colors, and so on that limits the imagination. Aion breaks those chains and does it with pretty great gameplay.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Best game of the last umpteen years IF you have the time to get geared up at end game otherwise forget about PVP.