Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried it, didnt like it

TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I downloaded the trial and I gotta tell you, even with the reduced price, this game seems poorly developed.  By default, the left mouse button is used to turn instead of fire, what is that about?  If you use the left and right keys to turn the view towards your back and then press forward, in every other game your char turns around and runs in the direction you are pointing but not in this game.  I also experienced weird spinning issues where I would try and turn around and the game would turn me back a bit when I was done.  The walking animations look like you are moonwalking no matter if you are going backwards or forwards.

I have a nice PC:

i7 975 OC'ed to 4.2

12 Gigs RAM

SSD for OS

Two 320g raptors in RAID0 for games

Crossfire 5890's (Not the greatest but not terrible)

I also average 14 to 20 megs down and 1 meg up on my internet connection.  I have had a ping of well under 80 in EVERY game I have played.  Yet this one seems to take a while to load at certain points and I still experienced lag in it.  I also felt the char customization was the most basic I have ever seen.  You have 10 face and 10 hair choices and thats it, everyone looks the same, they are all the same size with similar face and hair as the choices are not very good so most gravitate to the two or three popular choices. 

In all honestly, I did not play this very much.  I really wanted a sci-fi shooter like TR or Neocron but both of those games were better than this one.  You really have to be a hardcore Sci-Fi fan to want to play this one with the other shooters out there like APB which is free.

If you like this game, I'm glad you found something you like, it was just not for me when I compare it to the other choices currently available.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

Comments

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

I have to agree.

I purchased the game when D2D originally put it up for 12 bucks. I figured why not? It came with a half decent set of starter armor and I am a fan of pvp sandboxes, so I went in with an open mind and had an idea of what to expect.

I gave it a week, and then I couldn't take it anymore. Even after I had configured everything to my liking the controls and ui still seemed clunky and poorly thought out. The game is abit of a grinder, but that doesn't bother me personally, so that wasn't really a turn off.

The visuals were decent, but not the greatest. Character customization, as you mentioned, leaves much to be desired.

I just didn't find it very enjoyable, which is saying alot, because I've played certain other FFA PVP sandboxes for long periods of time and absolutely loved every minute, despite the flaws they had. The game just wasn't very good, imho, and the low population definitely doesn't help things.

• SaunakillerSaunakiller Member Posts: 57

Originally posted by Talonsin

I downloaded the trial and I gotta tell you, even with the reduced price, this game seems poorly developed.  By default, the left mouse button is used to turn instead of fire, what is that about?  If you use the left and right keys to turn the view towards your back and then press forward, in every other game your char turns around and runs in the direction you are pointing but not in this game.  I also experienced weird spinning issues where I would try and turn around and the game would turn me back a bit when I was done.  The walking animations look like you are moonwalking no matter if you are going backwards or forwards.

I have a nice PC:

i7 975 OC'ed to 4.2

12 Gigs RAM

SSD for OS

Two 320g raptors in RAID0 for games

Crossfire 5890's (Not the greatest but not terrible)

I also average 14 to 20 megs down and 1 meg up on my internet connection.  I have had a ping of well under 80 in EVERY game I have played.  Yet this one seems to take a while to load at certain points and I still experienced lag in it.  I also felt the char customization was the most basic I have ever seen.  You have 10 face and 10 hair choices and thats it, everyone looks the same, they are all the same size with similar face and hair as the choices are not very good so most gravitate to the two or three popular choices. 

In all honestly, I did not play this very much.  I really wanted a sci-fi shooter like TR or Neocron but both of those games were better than this one.  You really have to be a hardcore Sci-Fi fan to want to play this one with the other shooters out there like APB which is free.

If you like this game, I'm glad you found something you like, it was just not for me when I compare it to the other choices currently available.

Maybe you should have tried to TAB so the cursor was locked. Then you can turn with mouse etc. TAB again and the cursor is free. So you cant have tried out the controls to much if you didn´t even notice that one... So no, you didn´t play much if any. And don´t compare APB to this. ER at least has endgame content with the Territorial Warfare and the capturing of bases etc. APB has new cloths and pimped out rides. Fluff and fun for 30 mins sessions here and there. ER has some depth, and despite the flaws, it´s a great game there underneath some bad coding. ;)

Leave a Comment

bolditalicunderlinestrikecodeimageurlquotespoiler
BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file