Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey can we get a WildStar forum up?!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

We need a WildStar forum to be put up for those of us that wish to discuss the new and upcoming MMORPG from Carbine Studioes and NCSoft.

Comments

• LeoghanLeoghan Member Posts: 607

Originally posted by Teala

We need a WildStar forum to be put up for those of us that wish to discuss the new and upcoming MMORPG from Carbine Studioes and NCSoft.

I wish there was more to discuss. Nice trailer and screenies, but not much info really. 

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Leoghan

I wish there was more to discuss. Nice trailer and screenies, but not much info really. 

there was gameplay footage at GamesCom 2011

http://videos.neoseeker.com/gametrailers/4419-wildstar-gamescom-2011-gameplay/

some info ive seen

http://www.gamepro.com/article/news/222099/gamescom-ncsoft-reveals-new-sci-fi-mmo-wildstar/

WildStar is a sci-fi adventure with design elements that art director Matt Mocarski says is inspired by "animated films such as Atlantis, The Secret of Nimh, and Princess Mononoke," anime series like "Naruto and Full Metal Alchemist" and "comics such as Hellboy, Battle Chasers, and Tank Girl." So, at least you know that the developers have been doing their homework.

WildStar will have four classes -- Explorers, Soldiers, Scientists and Settlers -- and promises to deliver a "future fantasy" type of adventure.

NOTE:  see my later post  - these are 4 play styles NOT classes

an old 2008 interview w Jess Lebow of Carbine

http://vault.ign.com/View.php?view=Articles.Detail&id=32

Rosethorn: What else can you tell us about the game?

Jess: There will be different unique races. Players get to choose sides or factions so obviously there will be a PvP endgame but my focus is more on the PvE end and telling the story in a world where anything is possible. We’re not going to have the constraints of a typical fantasy world. We’re going to be able to use communication devices, for example.

• lostkosslostkoss Member Posts: 149

I was impressed with what I saw. This is something I expect a 2012 game to be like and look like. Some other companies that want people to pay for a MMO need to pay attention to this and other titles coming out .

That being said it takes more than a couple videos and a flashy movie to get money out of me these days.

I will be watching this title with interest.

Have a sense of humor, no need to get ALL MODDY ! :) A Simpson's quote shouldn't be worth a warning. You are lucky anyone is bothering to read this rag.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

from looking at recently posted info

3 known classes so far

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/4397603/WildStar-Online-Races-and-Classes-Unveiled.html#4397603

The three classes revealed so far are the Warrior, Spellslinger, and Esper.

Carbine Studios notes that players will be able to customize their race, class, and gender in the full game.

4 play styles

http://www.sggaminginfo.com/2011/08/carbine-and-ncsoft-announce-new-mmo/

WildStar features 4 different play styles which include Explorers, Soldiers, Scientists and Settlers.

• Explorers are rewarded for climbing high mountains and revealing hidden caverns.

• Soldiers earn rank and glory by conquering hordes of enemies.

• Scientists collect the darkest secrets of the planet to unearth the story behind the Eidan disappearance.

• Settlers build a new life on an extraordinary world.

Here are some of WildStar’s main features.

• Immersive World, Extraordinary Style: Discover a world deeply layered with mystery and challenges – a world brought to life with unforgettable and unique visuals.

• Player Paths: Decide not only who your character is, but also why he or she is coming to Nexus. Going beyond the choices of character race and class, your path defines your character’s motivation – and unlocks unique content catered to your preferred playstyle.

• Momentum Mechanics: Our world of high adventure and daring action is brought to life through Momentum Mechanics which immerses players in a world stacked with content, challenges and rewards. Players do not simply quest or fight a monster – they stake their claim on the world in a manner of their choosing and are rewarded for making bold advances towards packs of enemies. Storylines, mini-challenges, surprise events and a reactive world all layer on top of each other to create an immersive experience that rewards players for playing the way they want to play.

• Epic Mystery: WildStar’s grand story continues past the level cap, with elder game content that captures the best elements of the greatest RPGs. Players embark on an epic tale with memorable characters and gripping conflicts whose story continues episodically into the future.
  • Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

It looks good!

Looks like we have a new mmo to get all hyped over. 

goodtimes.

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• quentin405quentin405 Member Posts: 468

I dont know,  just watched/read all the info I can find on this one.. Looks pretty blah and average.  Maybe ill check up on it in a year or so.

• FatherAnolevFatherAnolev Member UncommonPosts: 265

Well I've seen 2 trailers (the CG one and then the gameplay one), but not much else.  Seems kind of early to start discussing something that there's simply very little info on.

My opinion, for what it's worth, was that the CG trailer was humorous and relatively neat, but the gameplay trailer looked very meh.  Of course that's certainly "judging a book by its cover", so I'll remain cautiously optimistic that it winds up with fun gameplay...

• MikeBMikeB Community ManagerAdministrator RarePosts: 6,555