Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Justin Bieber Gets Street Named After Him

PrecusorPrecusor Member UncommonPosts: 3,589

This is what happens when the town mayor has yet to hit puberty. Caroline Gonzalez, 11, won a competition to be ‘Mayor For One Day’ in her town of Forney, Texas.

Caroline wasted no time executing her first major act in office – the youngster renamed part of city’s Main Street after teen heartthrob Justin Bieber.

“I like his music and I like him,” Caroline said. “So I thought, why not have a street in my hometown named after my favorite singer?”

And this is why 11-year-olds do not belong in politics!

http://www.starpulse.com/news/RumorFix/2011/08/17/justin_bieber_gets_street_named_after_

Lol kids

Comments

• EkibiogamiEkibiogami Member UncommonPosts: 2,154

Lol at Bad hand placement for Pic...

Found that when I looked for this though

If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude; greater than the animating contest for freedom, go home from us in peace. We seek not your counsel, nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds you; May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.
    —Samuel Adams

• Scubie67Scubie67 Member UncommonPosts: 462

I can see them doing "To catch a Predator " stings here now once the Pervs move in

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Precusor

You are in violation of the new R&P rule.

"MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics are forbidden."

Please keep your opinions on such things to yourself.

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

Originally posted by Hazelle

Originally posted by Precusor

You are in violation of the new R&P rule.

"MMORPG.com is a site to discuss massively multiplayer online roleplay gaming. While users are encouraged and permitted to use our Off-Topic forum to discuss real life and non-MMORPG gaming, threads concerning sensitive subjects such as religion, politics, or ethics are forbidden."

Please keep your opinions on such things to yourself.

You'll have to talk to the author of that article posted on the other website and tell them they violated the rules here.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • HekketHekket Member Posts: 905

Whose stupid idea was it to allow 11 year olds to make decisions for a mayor.

Originally posted by Hekket

Someone who isn't sitting on an upright stick?

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

I feel sorry for texas. That state has been permanently tainted by Justin Bieber.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

Originally posted by Hekket

Yeah, giving kids the idea that they can do something in the world is jsut stupid.  They should just learn to sit down, and shut up, and don't change anything, and be comfortable with a bleak future; a future where everything has already been done before, and there are no more frontiers, or boundaries for them to surpass.  Change is bad, and as we all know, once you name a street something you can't rename it to something else...

• Vato26Vato26 Member Posts: 3,930

Take THAT Texas!

You were just BIEBER'D!!!

Originally posted by Vato26

Take THAT Texas!

You were just BIEBER'D!!!

Forney is a town whose major industry is 'antique' stores. Oh, and a custom boot maker.

• Man1acMan1ac Member Posts: 1,428

Let the vandalising of that sign begin lol

We're all Geniuses. Most of us just don't know it.

Originally posted by Man1ac

Let the vandalising of that sign begin lol

It was stolen yesterday. The temporary sign will be replaced and they hope it will last until school starts. Her father said he'd never seen her so pissed off (my words) as when she found out it had been stolen.