Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 4.3 - 1xRaid (deathwing), 3x5man, appearance tool (T12 can look like T2)

expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

Looks like 4.3 will be the last content patch for cata.

Must say the transmogrifier is the best thing to happen for a while.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/2418-Patch-4.3-Deathwing-Transmogrifier-Void-Storage

Comments

• xS0u1zxxS0u1zx Member Posts: 209

That is freakin pathetic...  Deathwing... Already?   Cata hasn't even been out a year yet and it's already end game...  I don't know what Blizzard is thinking but I can already see the sub numbers dropping dramatically 6 months after that release.  Considering there hasn't been much mention of a new expansion...  But really, another expansion less then 2 years after one?  Like wtf?

BC and Wrath launched their sections over a long duration of time to keep people interested... It seems to me they  want wow to start dying off...  Perhaps their new game is coming soon?

• Xondar123Xondar123 Member CommonPosts: 2,543

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing. It look like they've really dialed down the support for WoW.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218

4.3 is not out tomorrow, it likey wont hit PTR's for a month or two and then we got 2-3 months of PTR action before it goes live, December will probably be the release with the new expac for spring 2012.

Octobers blizzcon will have expac details no doubt.

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

I don't get it, they're bringing out content quicker and you guys are panicking?

• Harbinger1975Harbinger1975 Member UncommonPosts: 244

I don't think it's so much panicking than it is a "Wait, what?" type thing.  I have to say I'm a bit confused seeing the patches coming as quickly as they are.  This is not common for World of Warcraft, Kabaal.  Patches, or even mention of them usually took a good, what, six to eight months?  I don't want to say that Blizzard is panicking or worried, because really, should a multi million (billion) dollar company be worried with their bohemeoth?  Maybe Blizzard is paying attention to the subscription numbers.  I really have no idea.  But just seeing this does raise some questions and maybe a red flag or two.

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

Its actually a good thing to have Cataclysm ending so soon with another expansion hopfully by summer 2012, and if its the land of the Pandas,{screw China} thats even better.  There is only so much content in each expansion and once it dries up its no longer fun to play especially if you're not part of the raiding treadmill.   And the majority of content updates are just more raiding.  

Personally I tend to place my account on hold and I'm sure many others do the same until more solo PvE content is released, usually in that of a new expansion.  And whether their loss of what 900k subs in the last year is contributed to that or not, the best thing Blizzard could do is get another expansion out asap to convince those that left to return once again.

The Transmogrifier sounds awesome, cause all their older gear back in the day looked way better being unique for each class.  Lately it all looks the same, and the Void Storage sounds liek just that, you'll need to go collect that gear in order to make your newer gear take its appearance.  That could be a fun timesink to delve into...  Finally everyone will hopfully start looking more varied and unique!

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

well they said they wanted to do smaller expansions and get them out quicker...

From the start the idea was to release a expansion a year... we know how that went... BC was delayed in ordinary Blizzard fashion and  Wrath was so baddly delayed that they had to release extra content to tide people over until the release of Wrath... Cata they explained to soo long to come out due to the re-rigging of the world.

So this might be the first expansion to actually be on schedual...

That means that we should see the next 5 level expansion announced at Blizzcon and poping out in stores about time for christmas...

This have been a good conversation

• KabaalKabaal Member UncommonPosts: 3,042

It's probably a number of things Misles. Subscription numbers, the age of the game, the massive games by other companies due to release soon etc etc. They can't sit back and not do anything hoping that nothing affects their income, I'd say they're just being pro-active. I'm not a fan of WoW but i'm sure it has many years left in it.

• fieldingfielding Member Posts: 15

Originally posted by tawess

From the start the idea was to release a expansion a year... we know how that went... BC was delayed in ordinary Blizzard fashion and  Wrath was so baddly delayed that they had to release extra content to tide people over until the release of Wrath... Cata they explained to soo long to come out due to the re-rigging of the world.

That means that we should see the next 5 level expansion announced at Blizzcon and poping out in stores about time for christmas...

Haha wish you where working at Blizzard headquarters! We need people like you, who talks truth and dont lie to "steal" money.

Wish the world was talking less bullshit, but it aint. Just dont be like that yourself, thats the only thing that matters. TBH I dont care how corrupted Blizzard or any other game company is for that matter. What matters is what I do. :)

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54
    So instead of creating new gear that looks as good As vanilla they're throwing in something to just wear the old geAr again? This is pathetic and lazy. I can't believe how big blizz is they can't design armors that look better than 10 yr old designs. Honestly, pathetic.
  • catlanacatlana Member Posts: 1,677

Originally posted by immortal111

So instead of creating new gear that looks as good As vanilla they're throwing in something to just wear the old geAr again? This is pathetic and lazy. I can't believe how big blizz is they can't design armors that look better than 10 yr old designs. Honestly, pathetic.

Hey, I really like my priest's full T2 set with Benediction! But yeah, the new armors have nothing on the original vanilla / bc sets.  i would put my priest in T2, mage in T6 (yes, I was the only mage in a sunwell guild), and my DK gets stuck in firelands gear.  

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001

wow blizzard came up with a great new idea finally, it is almost tempting to go back to play in my old t2 mage set, almost :)

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Poor blizzard damned if they do damned if they dont, people say they don't like the new armor sets but want the stats so blizzard ok have this feature.. look how you wanna look.. but no they still rage.. thats patheic.

Same with content, people complain it's not fast enough, expacs are too far appart so blizzrad say ok here more content faster.. and they rage again?!

• KhrymsonKhrymson Member UncommonPosts: 3,090

This set of gear for the Shaman is the coolest ever!  If it is possible to get this gear to use its look, then I'd probably resub...

Vengeful Gladiator's set from Arena Season 3 

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

Originally posted by fielding

Originally posted by tawess

Haha wish you where working at Blizzard headquarters! We need people like you, who talks truth and dont lie to "steal" money.

Wish the world was talking less bullshit, but it aint. Just dont be like that yourself, thats the only thing that matters. TBH I dont care how corrupted Blizzard or any other game company is for that matter. What matters is what I do. :)

Huh? image

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

For me theTBC had the best (hunter) gear;  I'll be looking at getting Stalker's Chain.. no big ass shoulders

Hunter Faction Sets.jpg

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

YES YES FUCKING YESS FINALLY I CAN HAVE SPACE IN MY BANK FOR USEFUL THINGS!!!! I KEEP ALL MY EPICS,, SO I HAVE ONLY 7 SPACES LEFT ON MY MAIN AND DEATH KNIGHT

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Originally posted by expresso

For me theTBC had the best (hunter) gear;  I'll be looking at getting Stalker's Chain.. no big ass shoulders

Hunter Faction Sets.jpg

Damn what was the name of the Paladin set from the Trolls of ZG again? damn I want that. but now it too late!!! had I known Blizzard were doing this, I would have farmed ZG rep a long time ago. I hope I still have my marks in the bank.

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• generals3generals3 Member Posts: 3,307

... finally an update that will always be useful, the appearance tool, but had to be after i stopped playing and don't plan on coming back unless they do something so awesome it makes me piss my pants.

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
    Among those who dislike oppression are many who like to oppress.

• immortal111immortal111 Member UncommonPosts: 54

Originally posted by expresso

Poor blizzard damned if they do damned if they dont, people say they don't like the new armor sets but want the stats so blizzard ok have this feature.. look how you wanna look.. but no they still rage.. thats patheic.

Same with content, people complain it's not fast enough, expacs are too far appart so blizzrad say ok here more content faster.. and they rage again?!

You kidding me? I'm not raging. I quit WoW 2 months after cata for obvious reasons. What I'm trying to get at is a multi (billion?) dollar gaming company hasnt come out with something that looks "cool" in years. It's funny, you're basicaly saying it's ok for them to throw out gear that all looks the same / plain crappy if it has better stats on it. 

I mean really, how lazy could you be? Instead of actually telling their artists to do some work rather than rehashing the same thing over and over and over and sitting on their asses they add a feature to again .... wait for it..... use the same gear ! 

I just can't stress how rediculous this is and Blizz is being lazy. Instead of everyone saying "man, I wish this looked like my t3 set!" They should be saying "I wish my T3 set looked like this back in the day!"

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

The timing for the patch will be determined by the release dates for GW2 and SW:TOR, both rivals for the PVE market.  I'd also expect that the tank healer nerfs will be lifted at this time.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311

If I were to go back to WoW (which I recently did for the 7 free days, but that is another story...) the first thing I'd do with this new transmogrification tool is make my hunter's gun look like my old Wrathfire Handcannon. Too bad I didn't hang on to my old green-colored PvP armor or my D3 set.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• DJJazzyDJJazzy Member UncommonPosts: 2,053

Why not just make an appearance tab?

GW2 is going to have something similar in the transformation stones but I thought they should have just had an appearance tab. It seems like such a better, a more simple, and more elegant solution.

• HoplitesHoplites Member CommonPosts: 463

Originally posted by DJJazzy

GW2 is going to have something similar in the transformation stones but I thought they should have just had an appearance tab. It seems like such a better, a more simple, and more elegant solution.

They want people to grind for the old gear instead of trying to make new content for people to enjoy

I think I will let my sub lapse because of two reasons:

1. Lack of balance changes this expansion, if we can even call it an expansion.

2. Only two major patches.

• BenthonBenthon Member Posts: 2,069

Originally posted by Hoplites

Originally posted by DJJazzy

They want people to grind for the old gear instead of trying to make new content for people to enjoy

I think I will let my sub lapse because of two reasons:

1. Lack of balance changes this expansion, if we can even call it an expansion.

2. Only two major patches.

This expansion lasted 8 months. It was supposed to simplify class balancing (LOL) and bring the "best" content we've seen yet. Two raids and a 5 man heroic dungeon until Deathwing, which adds a few more 5 player dungeons and one more raid... whoopie-f!ckin-do.

He who keeps his cool best wins.