Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EQ2x how is it/who's playing

SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

I'm a long time EQ1/EQ2 fan but haven't played EQ2 in quite some time. I'm curious how the free server is holding up since it's release. Is there end game raiding on this server? Do you have the sub to basically do end game raids?  How's the lower level population/community? - I looked to try and find server population numbers but failed.  I'm very interested in playing just wondering who else here is 

Comments

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Siiion

I'm a long time EQ1/EQ2 fan but haven't played EQ2 in quite some time. I'm curious how the free server is holding up since it's release. Is there end game raiding on this server? Do you have the sub to basically do end game raids?  How's the lower level population/community? - I looked to try and find server population numbers but failed.  I'm very interested in playing just wondering who else here is 

Population on EQ2X is good; there were at least 2-3 instances of the starter zones every time I checked. There are NO content restrictions in EQ2X's FTP model, so you can try raiding if that floats your boat. But at lower than subscription play levels, there are restrictions in pack slots, bank slots and the use of the Broker. Also you can't use legendary armor and weapons, so you are left with vendor-bought, drops (usually "Treasured"), and crafter-made (regular and Mastercrafted). Bronze and Silver players can use most Mastercrafted gear, but a few tagged Mastercrafted Legendary you can't. I understand that raiding in less than legendary gear can be an exercise in frustration.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

Originally posted by Siiion

Is there end game raiding on this server?

Live has more players doing endgame raiding but EQ2X does have guilds doing raiding

DOV raid progression thread for EQ2X

http://www.eq2flames.com/freeport/76159-dov-progression-thread.html

players raiding on EQ2X are wearing raid gear (fabled) -- and paying monthly

• SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

made a coercer on freeport named Siion, having fun for sure. anyway to check in game fps?

• 2853rob2853rob Member UncommonPosts: 16

Press F11 shows fps

• ArdwulfArdwulf Member UncommonPosts: 283

Originally posted by CasualMaker

There are NO content restrictions in EQ2X's FTP model, so you can try raiding if that floats your boat.

Not quite true; Destiny of Velious content is not included in the free content.  To get at it, you don't have to subscribe, but you do have to buy it in the cash shop.

Word is that DoV content will be rolled into the free package when Age of Discovery is released, just like what happened with the last expansion.

• SiiionSiiion Member Posts: 69

from whom I talked to there are a few raiding guilds in eq2x, the bonus is that there are actually people playing at low levels - I had a 60 sin back in the day and didn't even see anyone while leveling.

• CasualMakerCasualMaker Member UncommonPosts: 862

Originally posted by Ardwulf

Originally posted by CasualMaker

There are NO content restrictions in EQ2X's FTP model, so you can try raiding if that floats your boat.

Not quite true; Destiny of Velious content is not included in the free content.  To get at it, you don't have to subscribe, but you do have to buy it in the cash shop.

Word is that DoV content will be rolled into the free package when Age of Discovery is released, just like what happened with the last expansion.

As near as makes no difference. You have to have the expansion to access its content, nothing new there. Giving away the older expansions free, that's new.