Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any educational game site recommendations?

Tara_WindwalkerTara_Windwalker Member UncommonPosts: 75

I'm looking for educational gaming sites that won't bore the kids, are safe, and worth the time spent playing them.  I wonder if you have found any sites worthwhile, especially  themed based sites for tweens and teens:  music or math, for example.  I see value in playing some MMOs but I have limited the time spent playing (f2p or subscription) MMOs because of the peer pressure (to buy clothing and accessories),  bickering over time spent on computer (due to questing and crafting), and, (I hate to say it) signs of addiction to a game.    Thank you.

Comments

• jinxxed0jinxxed0 Member UncommonPosts: 841

Hmm, off the top of my head, I'd say PetRPG.com

Its still being developed, but has plenty of content and is one of the very games that I know of that actually add in educational things. Theres a ton of things out there for kids and tween like stardoll, gaiaonline, etc, but they're just for entertaining kids and only teach them about vanity, lol.

With PetRPG you have play with and feed your pet to keep it healthy and happy like most pet games, but theres also things like cooking where you learn and memorize steps to make things, like if you bake a cake, you're given different steps and have to put them in order. The developers plan to add more things like that in the game. Its worth a look I'd say. The devs are very open to suggestions/ideas, especially from parents.

• Tara_WindwalkerTara_Windwalker Member UncommonPosts: 75

You can only play the flash games every so many hours (or a full day).    When you play a game, the screen scrolls you down to where the ads are constantly flickering ... so I have to do a thumb down on this ... but thank you for taking time out of your life to answer my question.  I appreciate that.

• KorbyKorby Member Posts: 499

Have them study for studying purposes, learn to play an instrument for music purposes, and play a game for entertainment purposes.