Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Beta contest winner...

AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

Apparently..since I hav ebeen reginsterd at FoM's website for a while now, and with the same email that mmorpg.com has for me, I can not go and 'set up' an account with this email, and therefor.. I can not get into the closed beta...

Dunno who's screw up this one is.. but it seems that since I have been already reginsterd, I can not regisster again...

Go figer.. I emailed the FoM head honcho's.. hope I get an awnser.

Comments

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

wow..

They responded already and fixed the problem...

really suprised with how quick they responded.. seems the dev team for FoM is really on the ball(that or I just managed the catch one..lol)

• AtmaDarkwolfAtmaDarkwolf Member UncommonPosts: 353

well..thats nice.. I got into the game.. got it going..

and thats it.. It looks good..I guess..

No NPC's to talk to(U can I guess, but I haven't figerd out how to interact with NPC's at all..the seem to randomly spit out comments, but u can't reply) No monsters/aliens/etc to fight.. not a single mob.

I started..once i figerd out how tomove, got myself a weapon, then realized taht you need to produce your own ammo..so off I go to gather the resources I need tomake the ammo. U can't buy plastic(one of the things u need tomake a energy ammo pack) but have to produce it yourself from teh raw matirals(which is good) so I go buy chemical substances, and carbon to make my own...

well it seems that players have cornerd the market on chemical substances..they cost 20k a pop.(need 1 per ammo pack) so I bought a bunch. Then I went to produce it(after buying the pmod i needed, and all the other supplies..basicaly I emptied my bank account, all 500k, so tht I can prodce these, and sell to the population, beause from what I hear, that is something that the game lacks..ammo)

I go to produce these, and they are not anywhere(my matirals)..I find that they are in storage..I go to get them, and they dissapear.

Screw this game..seriously.. I don;t know why, but with the lack of players, teh economics really suck..there seems to be a total lack of anything to do right now. I bet that when they release, and have 10-20k ppl online, u will see more avalibility of supplies. Also, not sure if I understand this, but I think that it is permadeath system(not sure) and with the lack of mobs to fight, u are stuck PvPing full time.

This could be a great game, and sorry if it sounds as if I am bashing it, but I guess it's just not for me. I'll give it another go tommorow, but after 4 hours of non stop gaming, I haven't managed to make any headway(I got myself a pistol with no ammo, and managed to compleatly empty my bank account so now I sit there wiht nothing.)

Maybe once open beta starts it will get better.. betting it does. Once players start to infuse the market with spplies, and IF they add some sort of mob to fight, at least to give something to do while waiting for the next pvp battle, it would hold my intrest a while longer.

Sorry to any FoM Fanboi's, but I can't see this game surviving against so many others that have so much more(and I am NOT talking about EQ clones such as WoW)

• OpiateOpiate Member Posts: 11

First of all: I don't know where the idea comes form that you have to make a "new" account with your winning email address, this is absolutely not true and I don't understand at all why people think it's neccessary. Of course you can use your existing account if you already have one. If this is stated somewhere, please let me know so we can correct this

Secondly, you should join the beta IRC channel for help and the chance to set up meetings with others (the FoM world is rather huge for the amount of testers). They would have told you for example that you can talk to any NPC you encounter by just...talking.

Thirdly, if the concept of a PvP based game with player run economy doesn't appeal to you....why did you sign up for beta in the first place?

Bram "Opiate" Venneman - Duplex Systems
    Face Of Mankind - The New Multiplayer Experience

• 01Neptune0101Neptune01 Member UncommonPosts: 82

You seem to know nothing about this game and have not bothered to read anything that might give you an idea about what the game is based on. This game is in beta its NOT made yet, so lack of players and supply etc can only be expected. It looks like you were just looking for a free game to play rather then wanting to test the game which is what your ment to do in a beta. You cant just expect to log into such a complex game like FoM and think that everything will be layed out for you. You need to read things, ask questioins on the IRC channal, if you dont want to do this then you should have not signed up for the beta and wasted an account.

If the game is not for you then fair enough, but all of your bad points to the game are based on your lack of knowledge.

• TheRedDreadTheRedDread Member UncommonPosts: 157

Originally posted by AtmaDarkwolf

well..thats nice.. I got into the game.. got it going..

and thats it.. It looks good..I guess..

No NPC's to talk to(U can I guess, but I haven't figerd out how to interact with NPC's at all..the seem to randomly spit out comments, but u can't reply) No monsters/aliens/etc to fight.. not a single mob.

I started..once i figerd out how tomove, got myself a weapon, then realized taht you need to produce your own ammo..so off I go to gather the resources I need tomake the ammo. U can't buy plastic(one of the things u need tomake a energy ammo pack) but have to produce it yourself from teh raw matirals(which is good) so I go buy chemical substances, and carbon to make my own...

well it seems that players have cornerd the market on chemical substances..they cost 20k a pop.(need 1 per ammo pack) so I bought a bunch. Then I went to produce it(after buying the pmod i needed, and all the other supplies..basicaly I emptied my bank account, all 500k, so tht I can prodce these, and sell to the population, beause from what I hear, that is something that the game lacks..ammo)

I go to produce these, and they are not anywhere(my matirals)..I find that they are in storage..I go to get them, and they dissapear.

Screw this game..seriously.. I don;t know why, but with the lack of players, teh economics really suck..there seems to be a total lack of anything to do right now. I bet that when they release, and have 10-20k ppl online, u will see more avalibility of supplies. Also, not sure if I understand this, but I think that it is permadeath system(not sure) and with the lack of mobs to fight, u are stuck PvPing full time.

This could be a great game, and sorry if it sounds as if I am bashing it, but I guess it's just not for me. I'll give it another go tommorow, but after 4 hours of non stop gaming, I haven't managed to make any headway(I got myself a pistol with no ammo, and managed to compleatly empty my bank account so now I sit there wiht nothing.)

Maybe once open beta starts it will get better.. betting it does. Once players start to infuse the market with spplies, and IF they add some sort of mob to fight, at least to give something to do while waiting for the next pvp battle, it would hold my intrest a while longer.

Sorry to any FoM Fanboi's, but I can't see this game surviving against so many others that have so much more(and I am NOT talking about EQ clones such as WoW)

This game is still in beta, give it some time. A week can fix alot of things. The economic is screwed up but I rarely buy things off market terminal. I look for a deal in the mIRC. You might want to try using the mIRC.