Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this game

13»

Comments

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

Originally posted by Rednecksith

I'd normally be a little more skeptical, but I'm well aware of the reputation Aeria has built for itself insofar as customer service is concerned, so I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt here. Anyway...

Don't start me about Aeria CS... I had an old account there from the time I played Shaya in beta (4 or 5 years ago). Got some of that CS currentcy for playing through that beta at the time (around 3200), and never looked at Aeria games ever since.

Wanted to pick up Eden Eternal about 2 months ago (more out of curiosity than to play 'hardcore' like OP did), only to find out that my account was locked for some odd reason. I could logon to the web-account system, but I couldn't play any game or see the status of that 3200 gold I had there (as wel as any other account related action), so I wrote a petition...

They wanted some info from me. Like the last 4 digits of the creditcard I bought that gold with, the IP address of when I created the acount and more of this silly stuff. I was like WTF? You're kidding right? The gold was free and asked to remember an IP address I used 4-5 years ago to create an account (and all that other silly stuff).

Well, they were serious, and it took over 2 weeks to get my account unlocked again. By that time I already moved on (backk actually) to Lineage II...

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974

Nice thread, sorry that you were another victim of Aeria Games stupidity.

Yet another reason to avoid this company and its games.

• WeretigarWeretigar Member UncommonPosts: 600

Bump

*New thing they are starting to do is let well known gold sellers sell items way underpriced in the middle of Aven, then turn around and ban the people for buying their items. Saying that said person was buying gold. Their TOS says they don't need proof to ban anyone for anything.  I think it's kinda wierd that they are not upping the security on the game but using it as an excuse to make all the cash shop items Non-Tradable. I've also been hearing that people that have bought underpriced items have had GM's and GS's actually log into their account taking the items that they have wanted to sell to get gold back from goldseller? This is the first company that i have seen like this myself. However people kinda bring it on themselves when they mess with Korean games(you know they hate US) Here is a proof pic btw.

Have you ever known someone whose account was hacked with their gold or items

stolen? Often times the item you are purchasing is coming from their stolen

account. Buying their items also encourages these gold sellers to spam the

community, which disrupts everyone's gameplay.

We have evidence of your character buying items within the game. If we are not

able to retrieve all the items purchased by this account, we will be forced to

remove items in place of the items. Your ban will expire after 1/2/12 PST.

Please keep in mind that repeated offenses may result in a permanent ban.

Thank you for understanding,Team Eden Eternal

-- 

Earn more with your purchase. Find out how here:

http://www.aeriagames.com/news/16665/get-extra-aeria-points-with-every-purchase?lang=en

Expand your empire.  RPG meets RTS – Our newest browser game, Golden Age!http://goldenage.aeriagames.com/

Aeria Games will Never Ask for your Password. Please do not ever give it out.

To respond to this ticket, simply hit reply (you do not need to use the web form to make a new ticket)

Also This is the post from their forums that were never anounced in-game so the people that were buying these items at first just thought they were getting a good deal.

Hello everyone! 

As you know, fraud has been such a severe problem that our team was forced to remove Eden Crystals from the Item Mall as an extreme anti-fraud measure. This has been very helpful, but as predicted the frauders have moved on to other items. 

After reviewing your suggestions in the other Forum thread and via our RT system, we agree that using NT versions of items is worth a try-- and we do recognize that it's annoying that they can't be traded, but it's a better solution than removing items completely. 

We are currently testing a new NT Eden Crystal on our test server, which we will deploy to live as soon as we can. Additionally, we will use NT items to help fight the fraud for now: 

* Safety Stone (NT) is available exclusively in the Item Malls now 

* Auric and Iris Jewel (NT) are available exclusively in the Item Malls now 

Two other items that needed to be addressed were 5-slot Packs and Memory Tomes, which do not have NT versions. These were removed from the Item Mall, and have been placed in the Crystal Altar Table as a temporary solution. 

Please consider all of these actions to be temporary solutions until further notice, and please continue to give us your feedback. 

...and remember: If you don't buy gold and items from the gold spammers, they don't make money, and they will GO AWAY. Please do NOT buy gold or items from the gold spammers, as you will be BANNED.

• SuprGamerXSuprGamerX Member Posts: 531

Heh , what were you expecting exactly off a "F2P" MMO?  Of course they'll get on players back who do well without using the cash shop , it surrounds all F2P.  Even I got banned off a few F2P by owning those putting thousands and those cry babies couldn't accept the fact that they can be owned by a non cash shopper. The reason why I bash any F2P out there with pride , the F2P Devs only concern is to make the ones that put money in cash shops happy and screw those that don't buy anything in the long run.

F2P is bullcrap , I don't know why people play them.  As a famous Rage Quitter would say : "Freaking ball-in-a-cup is more fun then this piece of sh.."

• JustsomenoobJustsomenoob Member UncommonPosts: 880

I was playing an mmo from Aeria Games when men in assault gear with Aeria logos on their uniforms kicked the door in.

They yelled "What the hell are you doing?" and shot me in the face and I died.

So stay away from Aeria games.

• SwankdSwankd Member UncommonPosts: 243

Originally posted by Tingtong1

Stay away from this company and it's game. 

I played this game hardcore for 1.5months only to get innocently banned 5 times!!!! yes 5 TIMES! 

I was the GM of the #2 Ranked guild on Emerald  with 175 members called "Elysium"

You can read the whole story on my blog since it contains over 70 screenshots of how I played, and even a Youtube video of their GM's manipulating forums filters to discredit a post I was trying to make on the forums to make me look bad. YES REALLY!!

http://aeriagamestruth.blogspot.com/

There are bots everywhere, and all their GM's are focused on banning players who legitly buy cash shop items from players with gold. 

Their idealogy is to ban any F2P player who does well in their game without purchasing cash shop items.

If you have any questions i'll be happy to anwer, but STAY AWAY from this company and this game. or DON'T and find out yourself!

You're a joke

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Originally posted by maverick1127

I played this game hardcore for 1.5months only to get innocently banned 5 times!!!! yes 5 TIMES! 

I was the GM of the #2 Ranked guild on Emerald  with 175 members called "Elysium"

You can read the whole story on my blog since it contains over 70 screenshots of how I played, and even a Youtube video of their GM's manipulating forums filters to discredit a post I was trying to make on the forums to make me look bad. YES REALLY!!

There are bots everywhere, and all their GM's are focused on banning players who legitly buy cash shop items from players with gold. 

Their idealogy is to ban any F2P player who does well in their game without purchasing cash shop items.

If you have any questions i'll be happy to anwer, but STAY AWAY from this company and this game. or DON'T and find out yourself!

You're a joke

You're probably blind tard.

• vgp1983vgp1983 Member Posts: 4

This game really deserves more. Just try it.

• vgp1983vgp1983 Member Posts: 4

10,000G a day by playing the auction house just impossible. Just Too much Hatred. :)

• MissInformedMissInformed Member UncommonPosts: 2

This is the exact thing that happened to some of my guildies. Lucky for me I quit before I even spend money on this. Pretty much Ireached the cap, got bored and just left since there is no new concepts being introduced on the game. Btw, u wanna farm items? Easy just make a bard and level it up to 45 then spam dungeon (forgot the name since it`s been awhile). As I`ve said before, Aeria games do not even make quality games, just money-vacuum MMOs. LOL!

• MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Member UncommonPosts: 82

as a former SMT player &  customer myself a few years back, i haven't experienced such evil gaming publisher liek them... you have to gamble every nice & OP'ed items you wanted... its liek a russian roulette on your wallet against a lot of filler consumables... then 2 weeks later that nice/OP item you got became a crap after it will be used as filler/promo to get a better item by gamble and then cycle continues... in item mall, you have to pay an overpriced junk for $30 or more... i finally decided to uninstall it & quit because it wasnt a healthy lifestyle... but after a year i found out my account was banned & took all my remaining AP as well...

they must be rank  atop than EA for worst gaming companies...

• Gamerdave74Gamerdave74 Member Posts: 1

I agree just stay away from this game.  it is a waste of time unless you are willing to spend large amount of real money or time.

• aslan132aslan132 Member UncommonPosts: 620
    Originally posted by Gamerdave74

I agree just stay away from this game.  it is a waste of time unless you are willing to spend large amount of real money or time.

And this is a perfect example of necro posting ^^^

Game is old, noone cares. Thread is over 3 years old, why are you posting here?

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279
    Aeria banned me too. They pretty much ban anyone who's account goes inactive for too long. Aeria games are a trap, I refuse to touch anything by the publisher.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by aslan132
    Originally posted by Gamerdave74

And this is a perfect example of necro posting ^^^

Game is old, noone cares. Thread is over 3 years old, why are you posting here?

Kind of hillarious when you think they had to dig this thing up in order to comment on it in the first place, yeah perfect example of a necro post, naturally, no one would suspect that there is some kind of agenda here image

This discussion has been closed.