Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this game

Comments

• TeiseikunTeiseikun Member Posts: 6

actually i have a guild member that was the top player of a game AGE failed at and he bought cash shop stuff and was banned many times and then given free cash shop stuff for there mistake.

the problem AGE has is it bans people when they are reported with out even lookin in to the matter.... once you submit a ban appel or what ever THEN they look in to it.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by wolfneo

i just read the whole blog he linked too and have to say wow dude what you did was awesome! but at the same time you are embodying everything that F2P companies fear and that is a hardcore AH player. you see if players can trade cash shop items in the AH for gold are what ever the company makes less money. the whole point of an Cash shop is to make the company money if people like you can get it with out spending any money then the company doesn't make any money. also if you can do any other Hardcore AH player can and the more they are in game the less the company makes until they just go out of business. on the 1 hand what you did is awesome but on the other this can be made very ugly with this F2P companies can make Cash shop items BoPU and that just stops selling Cash items cold.

How do you figure they lose money? They actually MAKE more if the stuff can be sold in game, alot of casual players will buy cash shop items, to sell to other players, the players that usually buy them never had plans to put any money in the game anyway like the OP. It would have been the same if the OP spent or someone else spent and the OP bought it, they lost no profit this way. I don't see your logic of how they are losing money.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Originally posted by xlr8spd

I've been playing eden eternal for a while now and I've also been playing other aeria games. I havent spent a single thing on cashshop items. And yet havent been banned. And I never heard a GM say something about trading item mall items for gold is a bannable offense. Eden Eternal was addicting at first but now that I've gotten farther into it, I enjoy it sometimes and then sometimes I dont. To me, aeria isn't all that bad. It's a company and a company is gonna do what it needs to do to survive. This is the first time I've ever heard of a GM banning a character for not buying item mall items, that right there is just uncalled for.

Well I know Elysium and they are some hardcore mofo's. I think they targeted you because your a famous well known player and they don't like the idea that you got where you are without spending a dime in their cash shop. if it was some other random player who is not all that famous really I bet they wouldn't care at all. I do admit though most of AGE's games feel too much alike. Think about it this way, you lost time, but at least you didn't spend thousands of dollars in the game. Still sucks that your getting banned and all this stuff when you did nothing wrong that I could see.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• keanookeanoo Member Posts: 6

Hehe, you seem so proud of making 10,000g a day! If you really got banned for playing the auction house, which I doubt, then well done Aeria! can't stand people like that.

Play the game, not the auction house!

To anyone thinking of trying Eden Eternal, I think it's a great little game, by far the best F2P game I've tried, and if you do like it, show some gratitude and buy something from the item mall to support them.

• ArthasmArthasm Member UncommonPosts: 785

Originally posted by keanoo

Hehe, you seem so proud of making 10,000g a day! If you really got banned for playing the auction house, which I doubt, then well done Aeria! can't stand people like that.

To anyone thinking of trying Eden Eternal, I think it's a great little game, by far the best F2P game I've tried, and if you do like it, show some gratitude and buy something from the item mall to support them.

Maybe I'm wrong... But, you are troll or Aeria worker... I don't wanna think about 3rd option.

And what the hell suddenly people with 2-3 posts ever on forums with acoount registered 2-5 years ago came to support F2P games?

Edit: Forgot to say. I support Aeria. And every publisher who drain money from people who's paying for crap.

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

Originally posted by wolfneo

i just read the whole blog he linked too and have to say wow dude what you did was awesome! but at the same time you are embodying everything that F2P companies fear and that is a hardcore AH player. you see if players can trade cash shop items in the AH for gold are what ever the company makes less money. the whole point of an Cash shop is to make the company money if people like you can get it with out spending any money then the company doesn't make any money. also if you can do any other Hardcore AH player can and the more they are in game the less the company makes until they just go out of business. on the 1 hand what you did is awesome but on the other this can be made very ugly with this F2P companies can make Cash shop items BoPU and that just stops selling Cash items cold.

Logically, if a player is buying a cash shop item on the AH, another player has bought the item from the Cash Shop.  Regardless of who pays for the item from the store, the company has made money.  If there was no demand for the cash shop items on the AH, players would not buy them from the cash shop to sell on the auction house.

Again, regardless of who spends the money, the company is being paid for it at the cost they set.  I see no issue here.

As far as being banned, I'm sorry to hear it if in fact you did nothing shady.  I have seen qu ite a few posts about people being banned for "no reason".  There seems to be more than would usually occur if something wasn't going on.  I can say I know a few people playing and none of them have been banned.

Unfortunate.  It's a pretty high quality game in the F2P market compared to most others.

• TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

So... is there anyone here, anyone at all, who doesn't believe that this is an Aeria Games employee? No? I didn't think so.

You've been exposed, scumbags. I'd suggest changing your corrupt ways instead of trying to further smear and discredit your playerbase if I thought you were honest and smart enough to listen, but we all know that you aren't, so I won't bother.

• ProstiProsti Member Posts: 45

Nice job making an a** of yourself. Completely makes sense as to why you would do that. Way to make sure the "company" you support is further smeared for banning someone for making the game what it's suppose to be.. "F2P"

But I digress: The OP did nothing wrong in my book and I never honestly trusted Aeria to be quite honest. They seem way too into their money problems to honestly give any crap about players. But that's just my opinion.

To be fair, I can't deny the fact that it's a company who's just trying to make sure that players can log on. It does cost quite a bit to keep a game up, the servers, blah blah blah. BUT! What does piss me off is what tactic they take when people decide not to spend any money on it. If you don't get the banhammer. That's fine, but for the folks who do enjoy a game but maybe just want to play the game and not worry about buying up content and then get banned for it. It's grade A bullsh*t.

All in all. I hope this get's solved and Aeria can pull their head outta their a**. Maybe learn something from this experience. I wouldn't hold my breath on that notion however~

• jackie28jackie28 Member UncommonPosts: 108

aslan132 makes an excellent point.  I'm not sure what more to add.  There is this perception that F2P is the emerging paradigm.  That may be TRUE but the implications are that games are no longer fair, they will instead be whored out to you by the company itself ( instead of more traditionally, the secondary market ).  Just my opinion, but Ultima Online had the ideal balance 15 years ago... the company safeguards their game from unfair mechanisms ( cheating and exploits ) but doesnt pursue or prohibit players from conducting RMT among themselves.  In a F2P design, the wolves are watching the hen house, and are prone to just flatly keep you from succeeding just to buy a thing from them.  Speaking as a gamer, I'd have to say F2P are games to be AVOIDED.  I'd rather engage on a level playing field for a flat monthly fee than let the company try to pit me wallet-to-wallet against every other player in the game!

Originally posted by jackie28

Speaking as a gamer, I'd have to say F2P are games to be AVOIDED.  

Signed.

• matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

I stated in a previous post I hadn't seen any random bans.  Well that has changed and I'm here to mention it.

My gf and myself had been playing this game a bit, since it's cartoony and cutesy enough for a woman drawn to those types of things and mmo enough for me.  We played together at all times.  She bought a 5 slot bag from the store, logged in, retrieved it, equiped it, logged out.  Next time she tried to log in it said her account did not exist.  Turns out she was banned with no reason given, and they had no reason to do so.  In relation to the only conclusion I can come up with, at one point in time we fought a 3 star boss in an open world area, I died, then she died (she's playing cleric).  She got irritated and left herself dead on the ground for a while and did something else for a few minutes.  Only thing I can figure is maybe someone reported her for botting perhaps because she left her corpse there for mayble 15 minutes.

Regardless of the reason, them banning an account without a word and possibly just on some random d-bags report is extremely ridiculous.  We never used global chat, so it couldn't have been related to chat, and never interacted with anyone else.

She put in a ticket and within maybe 5 hours they unbanned the account, stating they couldn't see a reason why it was banned.  However, while the account was then playable, the account was still suspended from using the store.  While she did get the bag she paid for, she did not get the tier reward credit she was supposed to.  So again she had to put in a ticket for that.  That one took about 2 days to get straightened out.  Their reply was, the account had been banned because they were "researching" it, but it had been found to be "legit".

So yes, I now understand where these ban stories are coming from.  Take it as a warning.  Even if you do absolutely nothing at all you could find yourself banned, perhaps just on a single persons report (as I said this is just a guess of the reason, as the one they gave sort of goes in that direction though it is vague).

• hybridchichybridchic Member Posts: 20

Originally posted by ksponge

I stated in a previous post I hadn't seen any random bans.  Well that has changed and I'm here to mention it.

Regardless of the reason, them banning an account without a word and possibly just on some random d-bags report is extremely ridiculous.  We never used global chat, so it couldn't have been related to chat, and never interacted with anyone else.

Sounds like something that happened to me. My account was deactivated while I was reporting a game sage for harassment. I still sent my ticket. Days later, I found out I was banned for "harassing a gs" and a crapton of other stuff

I hope these guys pull there heads out of their @$$ and start changing what they are doing. Because they are going to really be in a world of hurt if they manage to keep up what they are doing. Im suprised people still play that game at all. Let alone download anything that the company makes themselves. Thank goodness I wisened up and stayed the hell away from them for good. Lol.

Originally posted by Prosti

I hope these guys pull there heads out of their @$$ and start changing what they are doing. Because they are going to really be in a world of hurt if they manage to keep up what they are doing. Im suprised people still play that game at all. Let alone download anything that the company makes themselves. Thank goodness I wisened up and stayed the hell away from them for good. Lol.

Smart You. I stayed as long as I did in the hopes of an apology. Never happened though. I ended up filing a BBB and FTC complaint. And then a complaint with the state attorney general of pa because they facilitated harassment and encouraged players to stalk other players. oi vey.

• PingmeisterPingmeister Member Posts: 51
    Been interesting following this thread. I beta'd this game, liked it but burned out on the grinding.

My hope is that once the market saturation of F2Ps tops out we will start to see the better games and games companies shine through.
  • farfanugonfarfanugon Member Posts: 419

Old Old news Brother Aeria Game has always done this , I was 1 of the first to feel the wrath of  Aeria Games "you did to well and spent to little " ban hammer .  when i turned to paying the market on last chaos , Id racked up 48,000 AP worth of Cash shop packs useing only ingame money to buy them off other players , and set a monopoly on ingame resale of AP items.

2 weeks later my account was banned for suspicus trade activity , Id played the game from the first day of CBT , everyone knew what i was doing and how i was doing it ,a few 100 players sent in complains on my behalf and  about a month later my account wa given back all the toons were naked all money and items gone

Aeria Games final word on the matter " You bought or sold a item to a player that had used gold in your transaction that was gained by a 3rd party site , all items and gold will now be removed from this account , in order to insure all ill gained gold is removed from the sytem , in the future be more careful of who you trade with "

I reposted Aeria Games E-mail to there forums for all to read turned out to be a massive flame thread in less than 5 mins , so my then striped account was perm banned . for showing the light .

Maybe its a good idea to look into the company that host your game before you start one. its very very ez to find 1 million post on how crappy Aeria Games conducts buissness

• fatlessfatless Member Posts: 6

try ea's 

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005

Well F2P / Freemium game design is "pay and you'll be great or don't pay and you can stay in game but you're peasant who paying users compare to to enlarge their e-peens".

OP was dedicated enough to not pay and aquire many store items - well company then banned him cause obviously they want only paying users be 'succesful' players.

Nlow you have true face of such developers and business models. It is nothing wrong itself, but really it should show those players that are worshipping f2p that there is nothing for free. 

Pay, be a peasant or gtfo - that's basically what Aeria games want.

Originally posted by fenistil

Well F2P / Freemium game design is "pay and you'll be great or don't pay and you can stay in game but you're peasant who paying users compare to to enlarge their e-peens".

OP was dedicated enough to not pay and aquire many store items - well company then banned him cause obviously they want only paying users be 'succesful' players.

Nlow you have true face of such developers and business models. It is nothing wrong itself, but really it should show those players that are worshipping f2p that there is nothing for free. 

As much as I hate Aeria Games, and love discussing all the things wrong with the company, I doubt that's how any publisher envisions the free to play model.

Publishers know that if a game is f2p, it has to meet certain standards to rake in customes and retain customers. Banning players for choosing to never spend money on the game isn't a good way to retain customers. The thing is f2p games are usually highly receptible to bots, gold dupers because people that make up this content do not have to pay anybody to get money. So it's very possible that someone that earns all their in game currency by trading/buying/selling high value items could have run into an item that was introduced into the game by a third party source. banning is usually done to safe guard the account from certain suspicious activities. Stripping your account of all that you earned/worked for was probably an overzealous GM at work.

It's not the business model that failed. it was the customer support.

I only see League of Legends as successful F2P game, they deserve every money players willing to spent. Other games are just pay 2 win. Nothing there is free. I've learned on hard way, then sticked to P2P games and I'm happy. For 15$ per month I have everything ingame, have support, I don't worry if my account going to be hacked, they will return everything I lost after hacking. F2P games are just to be avoided. They only want to milk money, they don't care about customers, they only want money. It's not problem, everyone need to be payed for work they done, they deserved, but if I'm gonna spend money and you gonna sell me a product, think twice will I pay if u want to sell me a shit. 

As for Aeria games, it's not their fault to be such a bad company, it's people without brain support them. We can discuss every day/night 24/7 how they really sucks, but they do everything to milk (blind) players. Still, they are doing good bussines, no matter they sucks or not. It's just people being stupid, they don't think what will happend tomorrow, they care about today. Demands are such low. It's only matter that game needs to be F2P, but no one cares about quality, content and everything else that makes a good game. When today happends, they found themselves being stupid, they spent their time/months/years/money and they got - nothing. 

I just wait GW2, I wonder will be there people spending 100-5000$ per month on cash shop or they will buy once and play forever free  (thought I don't count expansion/new content u need to buy later :P).

Originally posted by hybridchic

Originally posted by fenistil

As much as I hate Aeria Games, and love discussing all the things wrong with the company, I doubt that's how any publisher envisions the free to play model.

Publishers know that if a game is f2p, it has to meet certain standards to rake in customes and retain customers. Banning players for choosing to never spend money on the game isn't a good way to retain customers. The thing is f2p games are usually highly receptible to bots, gold dupers because people that make up this content do not have to pay anybody to get money. So it's very possible that someone that earns all their in game currency by trading/buying/selling high value items could have run into an item that was introduced into the game by a third party source. banning is usually done to safe guard the account from certain suspicious activities. Stripping your account of all that you earned/worked for was probably an overzealous GM at work.

It's not the business model that failed. it was the customer support.

Your as wishy washy as dish water dude ,

Originally posted by farfanugon

not really. i'm just pointing the person in the right direction. the guys that come up with the business models aren't always the same that delivery on customer service. I'm just helping him target the right entity within age. :P

Originally posted by hybridchic

Originally posted by farfanugon

not really. i'm just pointing the person in the right direction. the guys that come up with the business models aren't always the same that delivery on customer service. I'm just helping him target the right entity within age. :P

But his observation was almost spot on .

Its been Aeria Busniness practice for quite some time to remove from the game free players that are out ranking the bulk of the paid players, if it can all be had for free the business end of the game fails. so Aeria discredits the free play by alledging mis behavior and issuing a ban .

Now it looks to the paying chumps in the F2P game that "See im still Ubber Cuz so and so cheated" free players removed from the ranking board , pay player returns to the top of the list , everyones happy but 1 sad gamer. If in business you can make everyone happy but 1 person that isnt spending money anyhow , you have done a good thing.

There are plenty of ways to get to the same goal without ban hammering away at the free players, But all other ways involve work. Aeria Games will not WORK for anything . they take the EZest path the can find to reach there goal . which is why they have the reputation they have now in the gaming world. And there games grow old and stale long befor there times.

In all honesty. I hate what they have done to people and how much bullsh** they have managed to put people through. Somehow, I feel really glad. Because now companies can learn from what people have said and stories that have been shared amongst people and learn not to become an Aeria. And hopefully people will start to steer clear of this company that has managed to do nothing but make peoples lives hell because you managed to do exactly what people should be doing in a F2P. Which is become as good as you can or want to be without paying a damn dime.

I say good for you to fight back against Aeria. F*** them, they don't deserve our money and I honestly hope they get shut down.

• nak08nak08 Member Posts: 6

I saw this game. It looked interesting....until I saw it was published by Aeria Games. I played Shaiya. I played for a total of three days. I never even made it past level 10. But I logged in on the third day and I was banned. I sent a ticket asking why my account was banned, they replied that I was a gold farmer. LMAO, I didn't hardly know anything about the game other than how to shoot my archer's arrow and I am a farmer? Nice. Thanks for confirming what I thought was the truth. Random bans for no reasons. I will do just that...since my account is banned anyway. It wasn't perma banned, but why bother fighting when I could get banned again for the same reason?

I'll Just wait for Eligium to come out...

This discussion has been closed.