Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Oh, My Dear Sweet God Registration.../stab /stab /stab...

FoizleFoizle Member Posts: 16

I'm flabbergasted.  Registered for Square Enix Account.  Check.

Then asked to register for PlayOnline account.  Check.

Hey, I just created that password.  I've used it before...

So I change the password.

Ladies and gents, I'm not a dumb fellow.  I can follow instructions. 

Is this "figure out how to even log in" thing part of the game?  Like some sort of crafting quest before you get to log in?

Like a dummy, I already added some of those Crysta things to my account, bought and downloaded the game...only to have my first boss fight with the login screen.

Help?

Downloaded from Steam--bought the "everything up until now" package of add-ons and expansions.  Running on Windows 7, if this helps.  Argh.

Comments

• SuperXero89SuperXero89 Member UncommonPosts: 2,551

I loved PlayOnline, but the registration process was a nightmare.  

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Originally posted by Foizle

Is this "figure out how to even log in" thing part of the game?  Like some sort of crafting quest before you get to log in?

Like a dummy, I already added some of those Crysta things to my account, bought and downloaded the game...only to have my first boss fight with the login screen.

Help?

Downloaded from Steam--bought the "everything up until now" package of add-ons and expansions.  Running on Windows 7, if this helps.  Argh.

its part of the Player Filtering... they figure anyone who can successfully navigate their way through the registration process.. will probably be able to handle the game interface image

• CavodCavod Member Posts: 295

I'm not sure exactly what's going on, especially since the whole password thing needs to remain in secrecy.  I can tell you that SE has recently pushed for users to move from PlayOnline to their SE account system.

That being said, there are at least three opportunities for a password prompt with FFXI, only two are needed, as few as one are possible.  When you add a new member to POL, you get the settings:

POL ID section

"member name"   -Doesn't matter what you put

"pol id"  -This is your ID you got when purchasing AAAA1111 format

"set password" pulldown 

"pol password"  - This is your POL password, as in when you signed up to POL

then the extra security section

"member password"  -this is not needed

"confirm password"  -this is not needed

SE ID section

"SE ID"  -This is your SE account name that you used when you bought crysta

"One-time password"  -This is for your security token if you have one

:

Now  when you log in with that member there are two ways it can go:

Option 1; No SE account/only POL

If you entered in your POL info correctly from when you signed up to POL, then it'll log you in automically if you chose 'save password'.  If not it'll prompt you for that password.

Option 2: With a SE account-assuming saved POL password is set

You are prompted to enter your SE account password and your token password should you have one.

Now I'm sure you did all that but I wanted to go over it anyway just incase.

Things that could go wrong...

Did you link your POL account to your SE account?

Are you accidentally entering in your SE password instead of your POL password? (or vice versa)

Obligatory "check caps lock/entering in the password incorrectly" comment.

You said you logged into POL successfully before, are you using the stored password option or are you manually entering it in each time?

Did you use the "set password for extra security" feature in POL thus prompting your for a third password prompt and possibly confusing the situation further?

I hope this helps, it's hard to tell what exactly happened... you know with the whole internet communcation thing and all ... so I'm take huge shots in the dark here.

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

• FoizleFoizle Member Posts: 16

This may be part of the problem--I never got any ABCD1234 PlayOnline ID, I guess.  Nothing via e-mail (checked SPAM, too) and nothing in my STEAM receipt, either.

• Castlead1z1Castlead1z1 Member UncommonPosts: 100

Originally posted by Phry

Originally posted by Foizle

Help?

its part of the Player Filtering... they figure anyone who can successfully navigate their way through the registration process.. will probably be able to handle the game interface image

That's mean mhwahahaha imageimage

Oh wow, I can not remember how you get it from Steam and I just did one a few months ago.

I'll look into it further, hopefully someone else who can remember chimes in though.

I think you get it when you register your reg code into POL?  Again, not sure if that's accurate I do know you get one (somehow/eventually) with the steam purchase.

Edit: Just wondering, is this your first account or do you already have an account setup in POL before this one?

We really need separate forums for every newly launched game. There can be the anti-<MMO> one and there can be the 'what general discussion should be' one. All the lamenting can happen together where each can find solace in like minded can't-move-on-ers leaving the rest of us to actually move forward and discuss meaningful and relevant topics.

Thanks for your help.  No, I've never played a SE game, so I just created the SE account first, and now it's looking for a PlayOnline account as well.  I know there were some recent changes in how that all works, but I can't puzzle it out.  Not having a PlayOnline ID in the proper format worries me--but if it's required to play (that is, to log into at least two places before I can get into the game), then I'll have to see if there is some way to get said PlayOnline code.

I'm pretty sure you get it when you sign up in POL.

Take this with a grain of salt because I'm going off memory here but...

You launch POL, tell it you're a new member, go through it's process and eventually it'll ask you for the registration code(click 'cd key' in steam's FFXI entry for it), add that code and it should give you a POL ID and then you'll set the password.

Any of the sound familiar?  Give a try and see what happens?

It was pretty easy for me to do when I did it... but only because I've setup two account before(wife's and mine) so I'm used to the total convoluted backassery that is POL. ;)  Good luck and lmk... I'm still looking to find more concrete info about this.

• mrw0lfmrw0lf Member Posts: 2,269

Registering to play ffxiv was a fkin nightmare as well. Spent longer doing that than I did playing the game.

-----
    “The person who is certain, and who claims divine warrant for his certainty, belongs now to the infancy of our species.”

It seems that with the new POL>SE Acct transfere system, registration may have changed to a new system that I have not experienced.

Please take a look at this like and see if it help.

http://www.playonline.com/homeus/polshift/help.html

&

http://support.na.square-enix.com/faqarticle.php?kid=11533&id=20&la=1

*crosses fingers*

I can't get beyond Step 4.  No combination of names / passwords is being accepted.

I do appreciate the assist--but I'm gonna take this as a sign not to play the game.  They got my buy-in money, plus the foolish decision to buy Crysta, so they've got me this time.  I won't double up on my error by continuing to pay for a game with such difficulty in the registration process.  It's the principle of the thing.

Again, THANK YOU--I certainly appreciate the attempts to help.  Sure is nice to find good folks out here on the Intenet.

/digitalpaintbrushsalute!

You're welcome.  I'm really sorry you couldn't get it to work. 

• cagarcagar Member Posts: 98
    I ran into same problem except I was only going to do the trial.
    Made my password, with pol, just kept getting password incorrect.
    Redid password, same thing.

70 monk eq1
    80 bruiser eq2
    43 druid wow
    Currently playing : rift

As a funny postscript:

I tried one more time--and decided to chat online with support for Square Enix today.  The chat went (I kid you not) nearly exactly like this:

ME:  Hello! 

SE:  Hi, what is the problem?

ME: [explains problem]

SE:  I see.  Sign into your Square Enix account.

ME:  No problem.  Done.

SE:  Is there anything else I can help you with?

ME:  Uh...hi.  You just asked me to sign into the account, and I did.  We haven't solved anything yet.  Let's fix that first.

SE:  I appreciate the opportunity to help you.  Please contact us again if you need further assistance in the future!

ME:  Wait!  Wait!  We just started, and we haven't fixed anyth--

SE:  Have a great day!  [DISCONNECTED]

It was the strangest experience I've ever had with support.  I was honestly laughing out loud afterward.  They sure got me good.  Thank goodness I bought the game on sale--I can part with a few bucks as a mistake...but yikes.  What a mess they are over there.

;-)

• xersentxersent Member Posts: 613

This doesnt sound like a SE problem more like a steam problem , has Steam sent u your ID code yet or not?

Nope, waiting on a reply from STEAM as to why I don't have a PlayOnline ID registration code.  Figured that out after the weird non-help from SE.

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363

Stay in there mate! I'm cheering you  on here, even though I realize i would probably have shot my own computer before getting to where you are now, or most likely abandoned the whole thing!

Waiting excitedly to hear how this adventure ends!

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

You need to access their website now to setup a new account PlayOnline ID.  Login to the square enix management page, click on Select Service on the left menu, select FFXI, and then Add a PlayOnline Service account. It is the the second button on the right hand side at the top of the page, next to the FFXI image. Pop your serial in there and you should be good to go.  It seems with this new move they have really screwed the POL thing up a bit.  Hope this helps.  If you have done this and still have issues, then I'm at a lost.  I had my account already setup by then.

• ZolgarZolgar Member Posts: 533

Originally posted by Shadowlord10

You need to access their website now to setup a new account PlayOnline ID.  Login to the square enix management page, click on Select Service on the left menu, select FFXI, and then Add a PlayOnline Service account. It is the the second button on the right hand side at the top of the page, next to the FFXI image. Pop your serial in there and you should be good to go.  It seems with this new move they have really screwed the POL thing up a bit.  Hope this helps.  If you have done this and still have issues, then I'm at a lost.  I had my account already setup by then.

All this worked for the most part. Now I can at least log in, but when I hit play, it says I don't have a Content ID so I need to make one or reactivate a cancelled one.

EDIT:  Do I go to register/update service accounts?

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

• Kid_WaveKid_Wave Member Posts: 1

This one had me too...  /stab

If you look at your Square Enix ID under the "Select Services" tab, the Playonline ID is listed there under "Active Service Accounts"

Ex.  Playonline / Final Fantasy Xi   ABCD1234  [US]

Hope this helps

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by SuperXero89

I loved PlayOnline, but the registration process was a nightmare.  

Nice to see after all this time they finally got the registration worked out  0_o

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• TesinatoTesinato Member UncommonPosts: 222

Originally posted by Zolgar

Originally posted by Shadowlord10

All this worked for the most part. Now I can at least log in, but when I hit play, it says I don't have a Content ID so I need to make one or reactivate a cancelled one.

EDIT:  Do I go to register/update service accounts?

Log into the management system.  When your in there, look on the left side.  Click Select service, from the options menu down towards the bottom left.  After that, select FFXI.  On this page, click on the Options list button, about midway on the page.  It will list your Playonline ID.  Now check the box with the character/characters you want to reactivate, and click the reactivate button.  If all goes well it should either bring you to a payment page to pay, or if you use crysta it will probably take it out of your account automatically.  Once that is done, you should be able to log-in and play.

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137

I just purchaced the Ultimate Collection from Steam. I made a Square Enix account with no problem. When I try to get a POL ID it says that I need to use the Square Enix account to do it. When I enter my code from the Steam Store it tells me that it is not a valid number. SO then I try to transfer a POL account to my square account and it tells me the information is not correct. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I am growing frustrated. Does anyone have any advice on how to get this beast set up so I can begin patching and playing?

• BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137

So I think I have managed to work out most of the issues I was having while trying to make an account. I have both a POL account and a SE account. I am in the process of trying to buy crysteria to make the first payment. It says that I need verified by visa to complete the transaction. I tried to make a verified by visa account but had no success. Is there a way to pay for crysteria without using the verified by visa option? or shoudl i start looking for another game?