Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How buggy is it now?

astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

It may be too much to ask, but can I get some objective opinions on the current state of Mortal Online?

I have tried to read through the recent posts on these forums, but it seems like a lot of hyperbole by haters and fanboys.

I played beta and a little at launch and it was too buggy for me. But I like enough about it to be lurking still and I can handle a little buggyness.

So if you could tell me if you please:

Are you still subbed and playing?

What if anything is still an issue?

How is combat now? Is there any diversity or, is everyone melee or archery, etc?

Single guilds dominating?

etc.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

Comments

• MoreplexMoreplex Member Posts: 472

It is still very buggy.

The prediction system is still needs tweaking and if you are in a battle with over 10 people there is a bug where you will get hit by invisible people because they are not loading.  I think that is the most irritating bug.

And yes there is one guild that dominates.  It is called AQ.  Basically any pvp guild that quit the game and had left overs stay in game joined AQ. 

The AI and pve is horrible but supposedly they are fixing it but if you played beta you know they have been fixing it since then.

There is a free trial try it.

• funkmastaDfunkmastaD Member UncommonPosts: 647

it's pretty buggy,  I think it's safe to say it's much improved from beta/release.

The invisible player bug has been fixed for at least a week now iirc (I haven't seen it since the patch).  AI is pretty weak.

AQ is a group of players, not a bug.

Definately worth checking out the trial.

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Thanks for the level headed replies.

"Never met a pack of humans that were any different. Look at the idiots that get elected every couple of years. You really consider those guys more mature than us? The only difference between us and them is, when they gank some noobs and take their stuff, the noobs actually die." - Madimorga

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

Originally posted by astoria

It may be too much to ask, but can I get some objective opinions on the current state of Mortal Online?

I have tried to read through the recent posts on these forums, but it seems like a lot of hyperbole by haters and fanboys.

I played beta and a little at launch and it was too buggy for me. But I like enough about it to be lurking still and I can handle a little buggyness.

How is combat now? Is there any diversity or, is everyone melee or archery, etc?

etc.

what you read in these forums is a pretty acurate description of the game in it's current state.

i'm still playing but i will let my sub expire this month.

bugs, especially pvp bugs. there are really too many to count but the worst is the invisible people right now. despite what people say it has not be fixed and still shows up in large fights. wile i agree that most bugs can be learned to live with lets not kid ourselves. they are there, have been for a long time, and are not going anywere anytime soon despite what SV says.

the  "distance to server preformance " is also very annoying by which depending on how close to the server you are the usually much better preformance you get, less lag, less desync, etc etc. because this is a FPS style game lack in preformace has a big impact on how much you'll enjoy pvp combat. this will never change uless they get a US server.

exploiting and lack of serious action taken twords cheaters and exploiters. simply, it's blatant and more then not unpunished most of the time. SV just doesnt want to loose sub and they will take any possible excuse not to ban anyone. this is an udeniable fact. you just have to learn to deal with it if you want to play this game.

combat is better then it has ever been. this game has come a LONG way from launch, unfortunately ti's till got a long ways to go. the main specs are full melee (with archery), mage, and a few hybrids. mounted combat is pretty much non existent ever since the new horses have been in ( just too glitchy and unresponsive) and mounted archery has been nerfed to the ground with the last patch. not a lot of diversity really.

no single guild is dominatin the whole map, but the big guilds are few these days. most of the time you need at least 4 or 5 guild alliances to be able to get a group fo 30 people.  AQ of course have been staying on top of the pvp ladder lately (somehow they are always the invisible ones) but pretty much have their hands full protecting Gulkur. Wessex is still in the brood isles, DC/SS are trying to move from Fabernum to CAve Camp. Forsaken is still pveing our of Bakti. Meduli has been changing hands very regularly from new guild to new guild. RUS is still operating out of the jungle keeps.  the of course Myrms and Mercs just harassing anyone, anytime, anyplace.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

etc.

compared to beta and release its like 100x better.

im still subbed and playing i have been subbed since release and release was a nightmare, was buggy as hell but im glad i did stick with it. i play everyday as much as i can usually.

right now the biggest problem is invisible players in fights with a total of 40 or more combatants, something new players arent gonig to see until later. and hopefully being their main priority will never have to see. But it is more of an annoyance than a major problem, (moreplex suggesting its 10 or more is certainly not true)

some bugs with mounts and mount prediction give some weird results buts its just graphical.

nodelines are an annoyance and until you learn their positions it can frustrate you. apart from those the rest are just minor or exremely rare. but their are still alot of bugs its just 100x more playable than open beta.

combat is great, we really are starting to see some diverse combinations, 1 handed swords with shields, spear with shield, spear, greatsword, briar axe, polearm axe, polearm sword short bows, long bows, with hybrids pure warriors mages and archers. Combat right now has alot going for it in terms of pvp, counters blocks different swing directions over head swings shields and equipment hits. along with sweet spot hits and weakspot hits. monuted archery is still a favorable combat class dispite what some players will say over the recent nerf it still hits hard fast and has great mobility. Whislt monuted melee is to buggy right now to be viable.

Single guilds dominating isnt really a factor right now, their are certainly guilds that are better at pvp or that own more assets but almost all the guilds have tiher own territories.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.

• kallearseskallearses Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by Moreplex

It is still very buggy.

The prediction system is still needs tweaking and if you are in a battle with over 10 people there is a bug where you will get hit by invisible people because they are not loading.  I think that is the most irritating bug.

And yes there is one guild that dominates.  It is called AQ.  Basically any pvp guild that quit the game and had left overs stay in game joined AQ. 

The AI and pve is horrible but supposedly they are fixing it but if you played beta you know they have been fixing it since then.

There is a free trial try it.

it is possible to share any vidz of your playtime ingame? just to see how buggy it is, plz.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWSL-dzP0TM&feature=related

well heres a video from my playtime in mo of a pvp fight i was actually in. Bugs and all.

• kallearseskallearses Member Posts: 44

Originally posted by deathshroud

well heres a video from my playtime in mo of a pvp fight i was actually in. Bugs and all.

i ask him of his experience image

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

yea watch all the other Iron Fisted videos from Gigamo to get a really good idea. keep in mind that Gigamo (AQ) is known for having some of the best preformance on the server (read the comments below the vids). no idea if he has just a monster computer or what but 90% of my guild mates dont get that kind of preformance in any sort of pvp battle. i was also in one of those fights but my preformance was 1/10th of what Gigamo recorded.

most of the fights at Tops keep i was at 10 fps (with absolutely everything turned down to the max), coudnt' see a single  AQ for most of the fight, and coudnt heal people 3 feet in front of me the desyinc was so bad.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

yea watch all the other Iron Fisted videos from Gigamo to get a really good idea. keep in mind that Gigamo (AQ) is known for having some of the best preformance on the server (read the comments below the vids). no idea if he has just a monster computer or what but 90% of my guild mates dont get that kind of preformance in any sort of pvp battle. i was also in one of those fights but my preformance was 1/10th of what Gigamo recorded.

most of the fights at Tops keep i was at 10 fps (with absolutely everything turned down to the max), coudnt' see a single  AQ for most of the fight, and coudnt heal people 3 feet in front of me the desyinc was so bad.

those last few fights at top keep my fps really sucked as well but my pc is old like a q6600 4gig ram and a slow ass harddrive. But usually my fps is fine its jsut fights with 40 or more players and im reduced to having to use a polearm to hit anything.

it sucks but gives me a good reason to finally upgrade my pc. but there are a handful of players in aq with better performance ingame than gigamo.

Originally posted by kallearses

i ask him of his experience image

hes only ever played trials as far as i know and from reading his posts on mo forums.

Originally posted by funkmastaD

it's pretty buggy,  I think it's safe to say it's much improved from beta/release.

The invisible player bug has been fixed for at least a week now iirc (I haven't seen it since the patch).  AI is pretty weak.

AQ is a group of players, not a bug.

Definately worth checking out the trial.

LOL Are you playing???  They fixed failed now (which is the invisible player bug)  All they did was take out the comment in your chat box that says "failed hit you for 20 dmg"  Now all you see is your dmg mysteriously going down and no comment in your chat box as to what is happening.

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

etc.

what you read in these forums is a pretty acurate description of the game in it's current state.

i'm still playing but i will let my sub expire this month.

bugs, especially pvp bugs. there are really too many to count but the worst is the invisible people right now. despite what people say it has not be fixed and still shows up in large fights. wile i agree that most bugs can be learned to live with lets not kid ourselves. they are there, have been for a long time, and are not going anywere anytime soon despite what SV says.

the  "distance to server preformance " is also very annoying by which depending on how close to the server you are the usually much better preformance you get, less lag, less desync, etc etc. because this is a FPS style game lack in preformace has a big impact on how much you'll enjoy pvp combat. this will never change uless they get a US server.

exploiting and lack of serious action taken twords cheaters and exploiters. simply, it's blatant and more then not unpunished most of the time. SV just doesnt want to loose sub and they will take any possible excuse not to ban anyone. this is an udeniable fact. you just have to learn to deal with it if you want to play this game.

combat is better then it has ever been. this game has come a LONG way from launch, unfortunately ti's till got a long ways to go. the main specs are full melee (with archery), mage, and a few hybrids. mounted combat is pretty much non existent ever since the new horses have been in ( just too glitchy and unresponsive) and mounted archery has been nerfed to the ground with the last patch. not a lot of diversity really.

no single guild is dominatin the whole map, but the big guilds are few these days. most of the time you need at least 4 or 5 guild alliances to be able to get a group fo 30 people.  AQ of course have been staying on top of the pvp ladder lately (somehow they are always the invisible ones) but pretty much have their hands full protecting Gulkur. Wessex is still in the brood isles, DC/SS are trying to move from Fabernum to CAve Camp. Forsaken is still pveing our of Bakti. Meduli has been changing hands very regularly from new guild to new guild. RUS is still operating out of the jungle keeps.  the of course Myrms and Mercs just harassing anyone, anytime, anyplace.

Jack has always spoken the truth I agree with everything here.

• ShortyBibleShortyBible Member UncommonPosts: 409

That is a great video, and I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it. (excellent music)  My question is where are the Sword & Board fighters, where are the Archers, where are the dual weapon fighters?  Every player seems to be a 2 handed great sword fighter. Is there no variety?

• astoriaastoria Member UncommonPosts: 1,677

Thanks for your replies. I am trying it out again. So far so good, just trying to get some gold in the bank in my starter town at this point but install was smooth.