Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion seems low on the pve group content

delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,736

I was considering Aion or Rift.

I decided to give Aion trial a shot, as I'm very serious in looking for a new home.

So far I'm very impressed with Aion but I'm only a Asmodians level 8 Mage.  My game plan is to play a Elyos Priest if I decide to buy the game ( I never play the class I would really like to play in a trial ).

The first few lower level quest seem boring but I stuck with it and seem to get more enjoyable as I branched out.  The UI is the same as in most all mmo's but the menus seem to have a lot of intriguing stuff going on with attuning loot into your equipment, and other stuff I'll not get into.  Getting around seemed confusing as with all new games, and at first I figured I'll get used to it.   But then I found the on screen transparent map that made everything much better. 

I have a good gaming computer and I waisted no time in maxing everything out, again at first i was not impressed as the world looked like an over colored water painting that you would expect from an Asian game, but again I was wrong as I branched away from the 1-4 starting area, and now I would give the graphics an 8 out of 10.

I played for a few hours stopping to admire the complexities of the game now and then.  I was beginning to think I found a home with Aion.   BUT I'll admit I play mmo's for grouping.  Once I get a handle on a new mmo I search out others to play with.  By level 20 I don't think I'm ever alone.  I think that's why I love Vanguard so much because of it's overwhelming instances.

Now here is where things turn bad..... I can't seem to find much group content or instancing on the web. The first is "Haramel" and that's a solo dungeon after that is " Nochsana Training Camp " level 25 and up, and very few after that. Some even require keys for everyone in the group and many have cool down that you can't go back. ( why  mmo's make groups struggle I'll never know ).

In my goggle search, the best i could come up with are from the Aion Online web site :

http://gameguide.na.aiononline.com/aion/Instance+Guides

Rift seems to have the same amount of instances but much more is given on the Internet, and no pre- requisites. Here is the best I found for Rift :

http://www.riftdungeonsguide.com/rift-dungeons-list-locations/

Aion may not be for me :(

Comments

• khartokhar3khartokhar3 Member UncommonPosts: 486

instead of the wall of text filled with gibberish u could just write "i have no idea about grp and solo dungeons, can someone explain pls".

1. aion is focusing on end game with pvp and pve. so if u wanna do pve only this game is not made for u.

2. solo dungeons on low lvls have been implemented to allow ppl to lvl faster to reach the end content asap.

3. almost all dungeons in the end content are for grps + there are world bosses (bosses that u can find on maps where u also do quests and stuff) which u can only kill in raids.

4. from what u wrote it seems like u are a dungeon grinder and just wanna do them 24/7. this way of playin sounds totally boring to me but well each to their own. anyway aion is focusing on pve "and pvp". so once again if u wanna do pve only this game is not made for u.

btw there are 4 grp dungeons (Indratu Fortress, Draupnir Cave, Dark Poeta and Theobomus Lab) not listed on the link u have posted for aion. there are even more just i cant remember the names. also the abyss chambers (instanced dungeons) are missin. every fort in the abyss has a dungeon too. there are 8 forts = 8 more dungeons (all for grps image ).

and the link is kinda out of date. since patch 2.5 and 2.6 there are 3 more dungeons. 2 for grps and one for solo.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 6,736

Originally posted by khartokhar3

instead of the wall of text filled with gibberish u could just write "i have no idea about grp and solo dungeons, can someone explain pls".

1. aion is focusing on end game with pvp and pve. so if u wanna do pve only this game is not made for u.

2. solo dungeons on low lvls have been implemented to allow ppl to lvl faster to reach the end content asap.

3. almost all dungeons in the end content are for grps + there are world bosses (bosses that u can find on maps where u also do quests and stuff) which u can only kill in raids.

4. from what u wrote it seems like u are a dungeon grinder and just wanna do them 24/7. this way of playin sounds totally boring to me but well each to their own. anyway aion is focusing on pve "and pvp". so once again if u wanna do pve only this game is not made for u.

btw there are 4 grp dungeons (Indratu Fortress, Draupnir Cave, Dark Poeta and Theobomus Lab) not listed on the link u have posted for aion. there are even more just i cant remember the names. also the abyss chambers (instanced dungeons) are missin. every fort in the abyss has a dungeon too. there are 8 forts = 8 more dungeons (all for grps image ).

and the link is kinda out of date. since patch 2.5 and 2.6 there are 3 more dungeons. 2 for grps and one for solo.

because of your wall of garbage, I don't feel like reading it

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

THIS OP IS JUST A TROLL, close the thread

• UNH0LYEV1LUNH0LYEV1L Member UncommonPosts: 510

There is a lot of PvE and its pretty much all end game.  That said the PvE is very uncreative, and not particularly challenging.  The fight mechanics are simplisitc and kind of boring but that said there are a lot of PvE options.  This game is first and foremost a PvP game.  I though that was a pretty well known fact that AION = PvP but I guess I have been proved wrong.