Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

People crack me up...

Comments

• Asmiroth20Asmiroth20 Member Posts: 346

Originally posted by waynejr2

Originally posted by Distopia

Originally posted by butter1011

If people had half a brain they would have seen one of the hundreds of gameplay videos and realized that this game is going to be garbage.

You can judge a book by its cover especially if the cover is a video explaining why the book is bad.

btw Swtor would be a successful game if it was a disgustingly obvious WoW clone as oppose to trying to be a "ground breaking" overhyped mmo with new and exciting voice over quests and stiff non-wow gameplay.

-Source: I've played it.

So you're saying because you didn't like it, everyone else shouldn't as well?

No, what he said is people with half a brain think it's garbage.

So people with a complete brain will probably enjoy it.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Originally posted by whilan

Originally posted by Chilliesauce

Originally posted by Fadedbomb

Originally posted by Ranyr

Why do people feel the need for meth induced combat speeds? We're not supposed to be binging on crack or meth and staying up four days straight to level.

IF WE COULD ALL PLEASE RECALL EVERQUEST ONE for a moment. It /literally/ took YEARS to level to max level in that game. Combat was slow, deliberate, and methodical. One wrong action meant you died and lost experience with the possibility of DELEVELING! You then had to run naked back to your body to get your items because they were left there!

I think people really need to take a good hard look introspectively when it comes to the games they play. It's most likely that there is nothing wrong with SW:ToR and something is wrong with you.

Maybe MMO is not your genre, go play Modern Warfare or Battlefield or something you can be all twitchy and chug Mountain Dew and Monster and rank up all night. This is seriously getting tired.

This is mmorpg.com not mmohater.com

{mod edit}

Got a chance to play SWTOR on several ocassions and it has got nothing in common with WOW combat. People are grasping at straws here to make their point.

You know i was playing CoX (that X stands for  heros/villians for people who aren't familer with the term) and had a video of SW:TOR's combat right next to it and i was kinda surprised by a few things.  It actually seems like SW:TOR combat is closer to say CoX rather then WoW

Allow me to show you my reasonings in a graph based setting

SW:TOR                                             CoX                                                                 WoW

No auto attack                            No auto attack                                               Auto attack

Quick cool downs                      Quick cool downs                                     Long cool downs

Move while using abilities        Move while using abilites               Stand still while using abilities

+1 group of mobs all the time    +1 group of mobs all the time           usually 1 on 1 figths

Just a few examples.  Just to me it seems like it's closer in how it plays to city of heroes/villians then WoW, just seems that way when i look at them side to side

Interesting points.  There are a few of the top people at Bioware who are big fans of how City of Heroes did things so it's not surprising.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• MMO.MaverickMMO.Maverick Member CommonPosts: 7,619

Originally posted by Asmiroth20

Originally posted by waynejr2

So you're saying because you didn't like it, everyone else shouldn't as well?

No, what he said is people with half a brain think it's garbage.

So people with a complete brain will probably enjoy it.

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
    Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Originally posted by MaraGossep

Originally posted by Gajari

*snip*

Yeah, true. I don't know what the hell he's going on about. You can have a good time without ever laughing, and if you want you can even laugh your way through bad times. Laughing is simply an action, and one that we do all the time in lots of situation, even if other moments you might be more enthusiastic.

I personally always laugh a bit when I hurt myself and am talking to people. It's like a coping mechanism for pain. So that's just an example.

I'm not gonna be playing this game and every damn minute laughing my ass off 'cause I'm having a good time. I'm not INSANE!

Once again someone mixes up "having a good time" with "having fun". I am talking about the latter, and only brought in examples of the latter. pfft....It's annoying that people don't read before posting.

All I can say is you're really grasping at straws here in an effort to try and form a cohesive argument.

The semantics you're trying to show here are not working because to 99.9% of the world 'having a good time' and 'having fun' are the exact same thing!

I don't know where you live that having a good time is not in any way associated with having fun, but it appears to be a dream world you're living in, bud.

• GajariGajari Member Posts: 984

Ignore this post.

• BenedictXVBenedictXV Member Posts: 104
    Originally posted by materva26

I've read many of the comments on the hype meter, and I must honestly say, that people in general, are just plain stupid. People calling it Star WoWs (Really, making up names to compare it to wow?) and a WoW clone, etc....people please, get off WoWs nuts. WoW was most definatelly not the first game to have MOST of the features that are currently in it. This game brings many innovative features that people say it does not bring also. Epic story lines, extreme companion system, etc.
    People complain about the graphics, comparing it to the graphics of Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3, but if people had half a brain, they would realize that in a mmo, you can not have graphics of that quality, or EVERYONE would have to have a top end system to play it with any sense of satisfaction.
    Bottom line, people really need to stop PREDICTING what the game is, considering the fact that, I am willing to bet, NONE of the ones predicting how it is or what it will be, have even played the game. Seriously...get a life. Stop trying to ruin peoples hype to suit your own opinion.

You know what, instead of doing another star wars they should buy all of the futur buyer of the game a really freakin cool lightsaber with a lifetime provision of batteries, then give them some epic jedi clothing and let them make up theire own perfect cool real life game!

If i catch most of the posters against SWTOR in here the game will never be perfect enough for them!

And i would love to see what would happen if we were to give theses haters a computer and tell them : Go ahead mister developper, make us the perfect game! I'd take picture and tag them IRL FAIL!

• bigbenzbigbenz Member Posts: 82

I've read many of the comments on the hype meter, and I must honestly say, that people in general, are just plain stupid. People calling it Star WoWs (Really, making up names to compare it to wow?) and a WoW clone, etc....people please, get off WoWs nuts. WoW was most definatelly not the first game to have MOST of the features that are currently in it. This game brings many innovative features that people say it does not bring also. Epic story lines, extreme companion system, etc.

People complain about the graphics, comparing it to the graphics of Dead Space 2 and Battlefield 3, but if people had half a brain, they would realize that in a mmo, you can not have graphics of that quality, or EVERYONE would have to have a top end system to play it with any sense of satisfaction.

Bottom line, people really need to stop PREDICTING what the game is, considering the fact that, I am willing to bet, NONE of the ones predicting how it is or what it will be, have even played the game. Seriously...get a life. Stop trying to ruin peoples hype to suit your own opinion.

Sorry to burst your bubble but TOR is WoW with sabers. You call rant, cry ,call everyone stupid, throw a hissy fit, spend 150 on pre order, shove a remote in your butt, but it wont change the truth. TOR has WoW combat, TOR is a theampark like WoW, TOR has limited crafting like WoW, ToR is trying to mimic the sucess of WoW by copying it. Im upset too, but calling everyone stupid for beliving the truth is stupid.

bars+girls+no condoms= babies

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

Originally posted by bigbenz

Sorry to burst your bubble but TOR is WoW with sabers. You call rant, cry ,call everyone stupid, throw a hissy fit, spend 150 on pre order, shove a remote in your butt, but it wont change the truth. TOR has WoW combat, TOR is a theampark like WoW, TOR has limited crafting like WoW, ToR is trying to mimic the sucess of WoW by copying it. Im upset too, but calling everyone stupid for beliving the truth is stupid.

I totally agree with you. 

Whats more Im kind of perplexed by it.  Take yourself back to three years ago or so.  Now what developer takes risks and makes innovative, exciting, instant classic games?  Bioware?   If you answered that question three years ago, then you choose a pretty darn good reply. 

So what happened?  Playing it safe?  BIOWARE?  Thats not what Bioware does!  Not the Bioware I remember!  Guess nothing good lasts forever. 

• LisXiaLisXia Member Posts: 390

Originally posted by bigbenz

There is no truth in your words, just your views, coated in a lot of unsubstantiated empty words.

I am upset too with some of the features that might show up when ToR goes life, but calling your view the truth is stupid.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by BenedictXV

You know what, instead of doing another star wars they should buy all of the futur buyer of the game a really freakin cool lightsaber with a lifetime provision of batteries, then give them some epic jedi clothing and let them make up theire own perfect cool real life game! If i catch most of the posters against SWTOR in here the game will never be perfect enough for them! And i would love to see what would happen if we were to give theses haters a computer and tell them : Go ahead mister developper, make us the perfect game! I'd take picture and tag them IRL FAIL!

What's hilarious is that most of these people can't even point to a game that they are currently playing. Usually it's "There is no good games anymore" which with the dozens of MMORPGs past and present on the market  should give these people a clue that perhaps their expectations are just a little too high.  If they are currently enjoying a game, then why care about who plays this one?  Do they really think that the people who have followed this game closely and are better educated about it than they are will make their decisions about playing it based off the ramblings of HATER NUMER ONE?

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

Originally posted by ktanner3

You know what, instead of doing another star wars they should buy all of the futur buyer of the game a really freakin cool lightsaber with a lifetime provision of batteries, then give them some epic jedi clothing and let them make up theire own perfect cool real life game! If i catch most of the posters against SWTOR in here the game will never be perfect enough for them! And i would love to see what would happen if we were to give theses haters a computer and tell them : Go ahead mister developper, make us the perfect game! I'd take picture and tag them IRL FAIL!

What's hilarious is that most of these people can't even point to a game that they are currently playing. Usually it's "There is no good games anymore" which with the dozens of MMORPGs past and present on the market  should give these people a clue that perhaps their expectations are just a little too high.  If they are currently enjoying a game, then why care about who plays this one?  Do they really think that the people who have followed this game closely and are better educated about it than they are will make their decisions about playing it based off the ramblings of HATER NUMER ONE?

Quite frankly, there aren't any "good games anymore". I know, it sounds cliche, but the truth is that the MMO industry at large is puking up the same old shit, because they know we'll buy it. That's not necessarily a bad thing in most markets, but when you've been playing these games for years, and I'm going on sixteen years of MMO's now, it all starts to feel less important, interesting, or fun. So yeah, I agree with you to some extent, but the reason some of us are vocal about our distaste with where MMO's are going is because we want the developers to make better games. It's not about hate, it's about love for the genre, and wanting it to have ambitions beyond whatever is popular and selling the most copies.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

The only worrying trend I see is that the commentary is largely breaking down between defined lines: those who once had high expectations yet played it at E3 and think it's bad and die-hard star wars fans who haven't played it but have unswerving faith it will be amazing even if they have to get out and push the Millenium Falcon along the rails themselves. If I'm looking for a preview, I'm inclined to go with the former camp.

Also, why do people keep bringing up the NDA as if they shouldn't be listening to the information? Where did such corporate obedience come from in the youth of today? Are Bioware paying you salaries? It's the responsibility of the person who's signed it not to talk about it. The website may well be obliged to officially enforce these things but I never signed an NDA not to listen and I appreciate an indication of what a product is like before I fork out hard-earned money to buy the thing, especially when it aint cheap...and it's not. I don't think these people are lying when they say it's not as good as it's touted to be nor do I think they're just saying just to 'hurt my feelings'. If it were a vacuum cleaner which didn't suck (or did suck as the case may be) no one would be complaining about early NDA-breaching reports that saved them money, would they?

• clankyaspclankyasp Member Posts: 213

they cant even handle Global Launch, please dont compare it with Blizzards game.

• ktanner3ktanner3 Member UncommonPosts: 4,063

Originally posted by Lawlmonster

Quite frankly, there aren't any "good games anymore". I know, it sounds cliche, but the truth is that the MMO industry at large is puking up the same old shit, because they know we'll buy it. That's not necessarily a bad thing in most markets, but when you've been playing these games for years, and I'm going on sixteen years of MMO's now, it all starts to feel less important, interesting, or fun. So yeah, I agree with you to some extent, but the reason some of us are vocal about our distaste with where MMO's are going is because we want the developers to make better games. It's not about hate, it's about love for the genre, and wanting it to have ambitions beyond whatever is popular and selling the most copies.

Sounds like some of you need to take a break from this genre.If your beef is with the industry then this isn't the place for it. There is another forum on this site for those type of complaints. If you want devlopers to make better games then you need to be spending time on the official games websites and making your voice heard. Spamming how much you hate this game in this forum here accomplishes nothing but make you people look like spiteful children who are angry because their favorite cereal isn't being served. 

On the whole "we'll buy it" part, you aren't speaking for me because I don't buy every MMO that comes down the pipeline. Games cost too much and if I'm going to invest in one then it needs to interest me.  For an MMORPG to interest me it has to...

1.) Be based on an IP I like. Sorry, but just setting it in some random fantasy land isn't going to cut it hence why I didn't touch MMORPGs until SWG came along. 

2.) Be fun. This is a term that means different things to different people, but for me fun isn't spending time in a forced group so that we can go and kill animals for hours on end for XP. Fun isn't standing in line waiting for someone to buff or heal me. Most of the newer games looked interesting but as soon as I saw it was another grind, I skipped.

3.) For some reason, makers of MMOs just didn't know how to make an engaging experience when it came to leveling your character. If you can't hook me within the first few levels, then you've lost me. Single player games figured this out a long time ago and for some reason MMORPGs didn't. Some people here call that "spoon fed" content but I don't care. I want a game that has a point to it, not just a bunch of people wandering around with the random PVP encounter. To me that's not immersive and certainly not deserving of a monthly subscription. I like farmville as much as the next guy, but there is no way I'd pay a monthly sub for it. 

Currently Playing: World of Warcraft

• Distopia2Distopia2 Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by clankyasp

they cant even handle Global Launch, please dont compare it with Blizzards game.

What happened at Blizz's launch? No company has been able to handle global launches. It's about time a company realized that, to ensure a decent smooth ride for those who play.

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

SW:TOR Graphics Evolution and Comparison

SW:TOR Compare MMO Quests, Combat and More...

Sounds like some of you need to take a break from this genre.If your beef is with the industry then this isn't the place for it. There is another forum on this site for those type of complaints. If you want devlopers to make better games then you need to be spending time on the official games websites and making your voice heard. Spamming how much you hate this game in this forum here accomplishes nothing but make you people look like spiteful children who are angry because their favorite cereal isn't being served. 

On the whole "we'll buy it" part, you aren't speaking for me because I don't buy every MMO that comes down the pipeline. Games cost too much and if I'm going to invest in one then it needs to interest me.  For an MMORPG to interest me it has to...

1.) Be based on an IP I like. Sorry, but just setting it in some random fantasy land isn't going to cut it hence why I didn't touch MMORPGs until SWG came along. 

2.) Be fun. This is a term that means different things to different people, but for me fun isn't spending time in a forced group so that we can go and kill animals for hours on end for XP. Fun isn't standing in line waiting for someone to buff or heal me. Most of the newer games looked interesting but as soon as I saw it was another grind, I skipped.

3.) For some reason, makers of MMOs just didn't know how to make an engaging experience when it came to leveling your character. If you can't hook me within the first few levels, then you've lost me. Single player games figured this out a long time ago and for some reason MMORPGs didn't. Some people here call that "spoon fed" content but I don't care. I want a game that has a point to it, not just a bunch of people wandering around with the random PVP encounter. To me that's not immersive and certainly not deserving of a monthly subscription. I like farmville as much as the next guy, but there is no way I'd pay a monthly sub for it. 

Assuming that we don't send e-mails or post on other forums regarding these games is kind of ignorant. We do, or at least some of us do. I know I do. If something is less than perfect, or if there's something that needs refinement, just playing these games and not telling the developers is a problem. And sure, we could take breaks, but we stick around because we love the ideas and concepts that massively online games provide, and we see the potential. I begrudgingly buy titles quite frequently, so I think it's unfair to say we should just step away from it all when we're helping to support these communities. Rather, we should continue to do what we're doing, because some day some of you are going to reach the same conclusions.

Also, these forums are for discussion, and that includes negative and postiive perspectives. Posting here does do something, because that's what these forums are about: posting opinions and perspectives. It might not change minds, but we're sharing and communicating, which is what's ultimately the most important apsect of mmorpg.com.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

Assuming that we don't send e-mails or post on other forums regarding these games is kind of ignorant. We do, or at least some of us do. I know I do. If something is less than perfect, or if there's something that needs refinement, just playing these games and not telling the developers is a problem. And sure, we could take breaks, but we stick around because we love the ideas and concepts that massively online games provide, and we see the potential. I begrudingly buy titles quite frequently, so I think it's unfair to say we should just step away from it all when we're helping to support these communities. Rather, we should continue to do what we're doing, because some day some of you are going to reach the same conclusions.

I think his opening few sentences were the crux of his point. This forum section isn't here for you to state how you feel about the industry. I don't think many who post in this section would give a rat's ass if you said that type of thing in the general forum. You're saying it here, that's the big problem.

Think about it man, obviously many who are looking forward to TOR aren't in the same boat as you. If they felt the industry had to change direction, why would they be looking at TOR in the first place? Again this isn't the place to debate about the MMO genre, this is the place to debate about TOR and only TOR.

Your words aren't going to make people sick of the wow/themepark formula. No one's words are, why would they? If that's what people enjoy that's what they enjoy, there's nothing inherently wrong in that. Nor is there anything wrong with being unhappy about TOR's direction, if that's the beef you want to send out, that's fine, but leave it at that.

I reached that conclusion in Nov 2005. Which was almost six years ago. TOR is one of the first MMO's I've been truly interested in, in a long, long time. TOR is taking the themepark in the direction it should go IMO, not fully of course, as I'd like to see a little more in the way of community building in it's design, but you can't have it all. Who knows down the road they may even develop in that direction, that's neither here nor there though at this point.

DE said it pretty well during an interview, I'll paraphrase as I don't have the exact quote. " these games are essentially RPG's, yet without what makes an RPG a compelling experience".  I fully agree with that, when it comes to themepark MMO's. TOR is adding that element and I think the game will be better for it, as themeparks are not only about group or social play, that's a part of them yes, but not everything. If I am going to solo in one, I'd much prefer it be presented in the manner TOR is, much more than how WOW or Rift present themselves.

The fact of the matter is TOR is what it is, no amount of dicussion here is going to change that.

In conclusion, if you don't like what TOR is, that's fine, state that all you want. Don't be surprised when fanbots get angry, that's just how things are on forums, at the same time, if you want to discuss the genre, do it where that discussion belongs, as it adds nothing to this forum section. Except for the inevitable post like mine, and I hate writing posts like this.

To SB fans, please stop making our demographic look bad.Stop invading threads that have nothing to do with sandboxes.

Assuming that we don't send e-mails or post on other forums regarding these games is kind of ignorant. We do, or at least some of us do. I know I do. If something is less than perfect, or if there's something that needs refinement, just playing these games and not telling the developers is a problem. And sure, we could take breaks, but we stick around because we love the ideas and concepts that massively online games provide, and we see the potential. I begrudingly buy titles quite frequently, so I think it's unfair to say we should just step away from it all when we're helping to support these communities. Rather, we should continue to do what we're doing, because some day some of you are going to reach the same conclusions.

I think his opening few sentences were the crux of his point. This forum section isn't here for you to state how you feel about the industry. I don't think many who post in this section would give a rat's ass if you said that type of thing in the general forum. You're saying it here, that's the big problem.

Think about it man, obviously many who are looking forward to TOR aren't in the same boat as you. If they felt the industry had to change direction, why would they be looking at TOR in the first place? Again this isn't the place to debate about the MMO genre, this is the place to debate about TOR and only TOR.

Your words aren't going to make people sick of the wow/themepark formula. No one's words are, why would they? If that's what people enjoy that's what they enjoy, there's nothing inherently wrong in that. Nor is there anything wrong with being unhappy about TOR's direction, if that's the beef you want to send out, that's fine, but leave it at that.

I reached that conclusion in Nov 2005. Which was almost six years ago. TOR is one of the first MMO's I've been truly interested in, in a long, long time. TOR is taking the themepark in the direction it should go IMO, not fully of course, as I'd like to see a little more in the way of community building in it's design, but you can't have it all. Who knows down the road they may even develop in that direction, that's neither here nor there though at this point.

DE said it pretty well during an interview, I'll paraphrase as I don't have the exact quote. " these games are essentially RPG's, yet without what makes an RPG a compelling experience".  I fully agree with that, when it comes to themepark MMO's. TOR is adding that element and I think the game will be better for it, as themeparks are not only about group or social play, that's a part of them yes, but not everything. If I am going to solo in one, I'd much prefer it be presented in the manner TOR is, much more than how WOW or Rift present themselves.

The fact of the matter is TOR is what it is, no amount of dicussion here is going to change that.

In conclusion, if you don't like what TOR is, that's fine, state that all you want. Don't be surprised when fanbots get angry, that's just how things are on forums, at the same time, if you want to discuss the genre, do it where that discussion belongs, as it adds nothing to this forum section. Except for the inevitable post like mine, and I hate writing posts like this.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never said anything about disliking TOR in general, I'm just trying to post some differing perspective and trying to shed light on the other side of the fence. Just because this is a specfic games' forum doesn't mean that only positive hype should be posted, and if that bothers you guys: get used to it. It isn't going to change.

Honestly, some of you are reposting things that we all are aware of. We're not stupid, we get it, but there are two sides to every coin, and that's part of the world you live in whether or not you'd like to confront it. The game isn't going to change, we realize, but it doesn't mean we can't discuss these things and share our opinions, no matter how negative or positive they may be. Specifically, I'm not surprised at all that some of you are more excited for TOR than others, and I'm not here to tell you that's wrong.

Whoa whoa whoa. I never said anything about disliking TOR in general, I'm just trying to post some differing perspective and trying to shed light on the other side of the fence. Just because this is a specfic games' forum doesn't mean that only positive hype should be posted, and if that bothers you guys: get used to it. It isn't going to change.

Honestly, some of you are reposting things that we all are aware of. We're not stupid, we get it, but there are two sides to every coin, and that's part of the world you live in whether or not you'd like to confront it. The game isn't going to change, we realize, but it doesn't mean we can't discuss these things and share our opinions, no matter how negative or positive they may be.

I thought I made it prefectly clear it doesn't bother me if you don't like TOR, I wasn't saying you didn't just making a point that it's okay if you don't???? I'm just saying this isn't the place to speak about anything other than TOR, that's not even saying you weren't just speaking about TOR. I'm only reinforcing what Ktanner said.

Honestly, some of you are reposting things that we all are aware of. We're not stupid, we get it, but there are two sides to every coin, and that's part of the world you live in whether or not you'd like to confront it. The game isn't going to change, we realize, but it doesn't mean we can't discuss these things and share our opinions, no matter how negative or positive they may be.

I thought I made it prefectly clear it doesn't bother me if you don't like TOR, I wasn't saying you didn't just making a point that it's okay if you don't???? I'm just saying this isn't the place to speak about anything other than TOR, that's not even saying you weren't just speaking about TOR. I'm only reinforcing what Ktanner said.

Right, and I'm saying this is the place. Everywhere is the place. These forums are for open discussion. Get used to it.

Right, and I'm saying this is the place. Everywhere is the place. These forums are for open discussion. Get used to it.

I think mods would have a disagreeable attitude about that.

Do you see them interfering? Please, report this and we can figure out how they feel.

Do you see them interfering? Please, report this and we can figure out how they feel.

Better yet start a thread on how you feel about the industry don't mention TOR at all see how long it remains in this section.

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462

The Age of where graphics of MMO's can't match anywhere near that of a current single player are over. Current tech makes it very possible now. The latest MMO engines allow just that, go take a look and slow down the video footage of the Planetside 2 videos. Light Forge does allow very high graphic MMO's, TOR graphic standard is pushing what a current gen console can manange.

• GMan3GMan3 Member CommonPosts: 2,127

Originally posted by IAmMMO

The Age of where graphics of MMO's can't match anywhere near that of a current single player are over. Current tech makes it very possible now. The latest MMO engines allow just that, go take a look and slow down the video footage of the Planetside 2 videos. Light Forge does allow very high graphic MMO's, TOR graphic standard is pushing what a current gen console can manange.

I agree.  The only problem is that though the gaming engines are capable of more, the number of players with machines that can run high end graphics is rather low.  So in the end a Developer is stuck with using lower to mid range graphics or severly limiting their potential customer base OR using an engine that allows for scaleable graphics settings which, in my experience, still does not work so well on the lower end machines (though the mid range machines seem to have no problem).

"If half of what you tell me is a lie, how can I believe any of it?"