Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is awesome.. whats with the bad reviews?

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Hey.

I really dont understand why so many people hate this game? It's awesome, fun and entertaining! story line is great in my opinion.. sure it lacks players but hey! thats what i want to know really, why does it?

So my question to you; Why is this game "dead" according to you? what is it that you hate about it?

A little personal note from my end - i am really enjoying this game, and honestly it craps over COH.. i wish more people would play.. it would make it much more exciting! but till then, ill be having my fun, even without players.

Cheers.

[Zatox - Death and Glory server]

Comments

• SyrusSyiSyrusSyi Member Posts: 366

The problem with the game is that it is not bad at all no one said it was it is just there is little content to do and you can reach the max level cap in one day

Playing: Single player games |

Awaiting: Wild Star |Blade & Soul | The Repopulation | The Elder Scrolls online | ArcheAge | Firefall | Survarium | Bless | Black Desert |

Played: Guild Wars | Diablo 3 |The War Z | Runescape |World of Warcraft |Combat Arms |Perfect World | Rift | Fiesta | DC universe online | Aion | Age of Conan |Allods | Vindictus | The Secret World | Forge | Battle of the Immortals | Global Agenda| Cabal Online | Tera |

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

If you play it on PS3, there are loads of players.  After Monday, there should be plenty of players on PC as well, since they're changing the server structure to a single Mega-server for each region / platform.  So you will see a jump in population after the down-time on Monday (I think this change is scheduled for Monday on PC and PS3? not sure).

I've played the game on PVP servers on PS3 since launch.  I took some time off from it when PSN crashed (not by choice :P) and didn't get back to it right away due to some freezing issues.  The game is working MUCH better now and is still a lot of fun.  It is by far the best combat system of any MMO I've ever played (I've played most major and many obscure MMO's).  It is a very under-rated game.  Sure, elements of it are repetitious, but that can be said of most games.  Playing with and against other people never gets too repetitious for me.

One thing I'd recommend if you're playing on PC, get a gamepad.  It's make the combat much more fun and intuitiive.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

the main issue is probably the same as oh war ,wait rift 

server in war could barelly handle 600 vs 600.for rift its around 750 vs 750 (with same war engine i might had)

player bring player if you go in a massive place but everything is empty what is the use might as well play other games

in my book your better off with more player per server with worst graphic then getting awsome graphic but no player to play with

• mesabluemesablue Member Posts: 3

get a gamepad.

Never.

If I knew that this game was going to play like a console port I would have never purchased it.

No way I'm going to take a decade of online game playing and throw it away to play it like a toy.

• NaqajNaqaj Member UncommonPosts: 1,673

Originally posted by mesablue

get a gamepad.

Never.

If I knew that this game was going to play like a console port I would have never purchased it.

No way I'm going to take a decade of online game playing and throw it away to play it like a toy.

Are you  implying your gaming PC is not a toy, just because you don't plug a gamepad in? Ok then, enjoy your spreadsheets ...

After more then a decade of playing MMOs with mouse-and-keybored, it was very refreshing and simply enjoyable to play an MMO like this. I very much recommend it if only to broaden your horizon for what else is possible in the genre.

To the OP, a word of warning though: DCUO is simply too short. You will find fun things to do for a month or two, depending on how much you play, but unless you're sure you'll get into a guild to do the raiding game, you will get into repetitive content pretty soon.

• toonatoona Member Posts: 8

Follow this thread to see why people leave the game at an alarming pace: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=31381#325396 .  They have had 2 months to create/test/approve this content and all these bugs made it to live. If you are enjoying the game great. I just can't give money to companies that can't meet deadlines and what they put out introduces more bugs than what most would find acceptable.

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

Originally posted by toona

Follow this thread to see why people leave the game at an alarming pace: http://forums.station.sony.com/dcuopc/posts/list.m?start=0&topic_id=31381#325396 .  They have had 2 months to create/test/approve this content and all these bugs made it to live. If you are enjoying the game great. I just can't give money to companies that can't meet deadlines and what they put out introduces more bugs than what most would find acceptable.

Most epic issues list ever. Game is so fail.

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Since this post was created almost 3 weeks ago, I wonder if the OP is still playing DCUO... ;)

• Shinji-ExShinji-Ex Member Posts: 16

Besides Stability Issues

Loot System Bickering "Ninja Looting~ers"

An the occasional tryhards

Yea DCUO is great action MMO for PS3

But it needs a lot work!

• PaithanPaithan Member Posts: 377

Sure the game has its own bugs and glitches, which game doesnt?

And yes I can list my own gripes about the ones I ran into. But the game is no where near as bad as the doom reviews posted by angry players.

That said the game IS alot of fun, the biggest issues atleast to me is yes.. content and the player base size.

(most) of the bugs and glitches really dont bother me much, if at all,

Someone mentioned you can get to the max lvl in 1 day, well yes it is posible, but then again.. you can on WoW or Rift too.

That aside evem though it pains me to admit it, I do think its best for them to start walking the same road as lets say Global Agenda, which I find very amusing from time to time.

• KirkisKirkis Member UncommonPosts: 19

I know I hardly post and no one really has to take my opinion on this subject but I do have a DCUO account on PS3.

The main problem with this game is....

1) It only takes a day to reach max level.

2) not enough content to keep you playing. it really doesn't take long to get through the content at all. The Tier armor system is nice but it takes no time at all to collect it.

3) people are still in the old ways of max/min for characters, their is no wrong build in this game, it all depends about your play sytle completely. I've seen people with builds that look like they couldn't do much of anything and they have no problem to make it though the stuff they are doing.

4) Healer's in the game keep getting slapped in the face. When I started in beta, I played a nature healer, they were extremely over powered, just the spam of matobalisim was more than enough to keep an entire 4 man run and raid completely healed with the occasional needing to hit another skill to break the heal over time to make it one huge heal in one shot healing everyone for basicly all of their health. which was needed to be fixed.

They fixed that and made nature healers less than sub-par. No big deal, worked though that and still turned out to be able to  heal an entire group with ease...

Sorcery Healers, at launch were just totaly over powered. long as you stayed in their circle healing you just really couldn't die unless you were really that badly geared/didn't know how to manage your threat or couldn't take a hit in general this includes some tanks. After they realized this they nerfed the sorcery healers to have casting timers on their only single target heal. which was a load of crap. thus bringing nature healers to be the top healers again. they need to really try to find a ballance for this so one is no better than the other. (I can't really comment on all this too much anymore seeing that I haven't played in a while)

5) The feat system, Awsome Idea!!! Every 100 Feat points ment you got a skill point to place under your weapons for increased Restoration, Might, Healing Magnitude, ect... all thoes nifty lil things to improve your chracter's over all preformance. Well Alot of them for me were bugged beyond beliefe. I think befor I stoped playing I had around 72 skill points. I only knew one other person who had more skill points than I did. (was nice to come across someone who was more of a crack head than I was lol) some of thoes feats are a pain in the rear to get. (Trust me, You really don't need a whole lot of skill points to out preform everyone around you. a friend of mine played a Telikenissis Type DPS which are suposta be the weakest DPS in the game. he would end up out DPSing Fire DPS (suposta be the strongest DPS in the game) Mass Leviation for the win XD lol.

at anyrate. like I said it doesnt matter your skill points to be effective cause he only had about 42 where is everyone else was between 50 - 60 skill points.

Like I said though. quite a few of the feats were glitched beyond belief. one being the major one i could remember, a Wonder Woman only quest line I forget the name of the quest but at anyrate one of the feats was to destroy 15 craigs in under 100 seconds. No problem, for the first 5 or so months you wern't able to re enter the instance cause it was glitched, once you completed the quest you were screwed, then they finaly fixed that so were you can enter back in. but a new glitch arrived along with the rest of the instances that were fine. if you had more than 1 other person with you no matter how fast you went through the feat, which i've done in a bout 45 seconds with another person, you don't get to collect the feat. its really messed up.

I could keep going and going on about the bugs and things they do that just ruin this game but I wont. I DO AGREE THIS IS A GREAT GAME.

They just need to fix the problems that they keep having with it and maybe have more than enough content to last longer than 1 to 3 months at a time depending on how casual you play. even if they were to keep it so that you can complete content this fast then atleast be able to keep up with bringing out new content to keep up with the masses. they just can't seem to handle that.

• harry_watharry_wat Member Posts: 33

Good game concept by Sony Online Entertainment. I must try to play green lantern here.