Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is this game fun?

LashleyLashley Member UncommonPosts: 587

Is this game fun? May try it since I like the DC stories. What makes it different from champions online and city of heroes/villians? Since the CO is F2P and COH/V is becoming F2P, dont wanna waste money if its very similar.

Comments

• It's not fun, there is no population, it is run by terrible people, don't waste your time.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

might have been great but the trouble is smed as long as smed will be around anything around him will fall appart!

sorry if i sound mean i dont mind his idea but gees 70% plus user use fully window  without a touch of other software

be it browser or other

and what does he do he use free software that ms have never heard

ms might have egocentric view they might release bug to make sure user use only their product on ms system but one thing is sure they know software and how to optimise it.

• trash656trash656 Member UncommonPosts: 361

no

stick with your lord of the rings online.

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

Don't listen to the haters, it's way more fun than COH / CO.  The combat in DC is real-time -- you hit a punch button, you punch, you hit a super-power button, you use a super-power immediately (super-powers have a cool-down so you can't just spam them constantly).  You need to do a variety of combos to be effective in combat.  This is the key difference between DC and these other games.  You need to develop skill in combat to know when to block, when to break a block, when to lunge, when to use certain powers, etc.

The main difference is that the way you advance is actually fun as opposed to being just a means to an end.  In the other games, the combat is done just to chase the carrot dangling at the end of the stick.  In DC, you have fun playing while chasing the carrot on the stick.

The game was buggy at first.  Very buggy.  Lots of freezing issues, especially on PS3.  Most of the freezing problems have been alleviated.  The menus and overl UI have been vastly improved as well.

Honestly, it's a good fun game for at least a good few months.  I've played since launch and still enjoy it.  I don't play with the goal of grinding to get to high end stuff as quickly as possible, so it could be more fun for me than someone who just wants to cap out in everything and doesn't have a job / life.  So it could be a problem if you're that type of player who just has to have everything top-tier.

• JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Dont listen to the haters out there. This game is great, you will enjoy it a lot, especially if you love DC.