Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PC version or PS3?

JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Hey guys.. im going to buy this game, but i dont know for which platform.. pc or ps3? i heard about the new Megaserver thats happening on the 8th of August, so im not really worried about population.

What do you guys think, PS3 or PC?

Comments

• jmoreejmoree Member Posts: 30

Depends... I prefer PC versions of anything because I like to upgrade my system every 6 months or so and push the limits of all the games out there. On the other hand if you don't want to spend all the money on PC upgrades then PS3 for sure, the system is pretty kick ass and will be around for a few more years.

• JenkzJenkz Member UncommonPosts: 94

Ok well i started playing the PC version, i must say.. it's a fun game, im already level 9. Population is a bit low.. but hey it's still fun.

Will be even more fun with Mega server.

Great game so far, i like it.

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

ps3

• just2duhjust2duh Member Posts: 1,290

They're both pretty barren I guess, so it should be something to consider actually. Not just that you could be playing alone a lot, but there is a reason people stopped playing (and from playing it myself for a month I can tell you it wasn't just from the SOE hack incident).

If you watch Reviews on the Run, they used to do a monthly segment on the PS3 version, but they stopped and explained that it was because of so few people playing it.

As for the PC version, you've probably read the same on here.

So I don't think either version is any better off population-wise, hopefully the new server merges will fix this though.

But if you're determined to try it out, I would go for PS3 mainly for the better controls. Though you'll be sacrificing the ease of communicating with others.

Edit: Actually.. a thought just crossed my mind lol. You could probably play the PC version with your PS3's controller, google a program called DS3 Tools and that allows you to hook it up via the usb charge cord and play any controller enabled PC games (it can take a bit of fittling around to setup the first time though, setting it to xbox360 emulation usually works).

So it probably doesn't matter which you choose in a sense lol.

But if it's possible to use DS3 tools with the PC version, I would say to play that one, you'd get the best of both that way imo.

• xsidurax22xsidurax22 Member Posts: 21

I haven't played the PC version, but the PS3 version is quite active -- more active, I believe, than the PC version.  Like you mentioned, this shouldn't be much of an issue after the Megaserver update.

I enjoy the PS3 version for a few simple reasons:

-the controller (although this can be set up on a PC as well)

-easy set-up - no hardware problems, driver updates etc. 

-no need to upgrade

-big TV

-big couch

Laying back on my couch playing is a whole lot more relaxing than hunching over a computer.  Then again, you could hook your PC up to a large TV if you really wanted to do so.  I bought a wireless USB keyboard and have a bluetooth headset, so there are no communication problems.  Any USB wireless keyboard works fine with the PS3.  You could even hook up any old wired USB keyboard if you wanted. If it's a toss-up, I'd say go with the PS3 version just for better activity in the long term.

• ShadowStyleBShadowStyleB Member UncommonPosts: 315

Originally posted by just2duh

They're both pretty barren I guess, so it should be something to consider actually. Not just that you could be playing alone a lot, but there is a reason people stopped playing (and from playing it myself for a month I can tell you it wasn't just from the SOE hack incident).

If you watch Reviews on the Run, they used to do a monthly segment on the PS3 version, but they stopped and explained that it was because of so few people playing it.

As for the PC version, you've probably read the same on here.

So I don't think either version is any better off population-wise, hopefully the new server merges will fix this though.

But if you're determined to try it out, I would go for PS3 mainly for the better controls. Though you'll be sacrificing the ease of communicating with others.

Edit: Actually.. a thought just crossed my mind lol. You could probably play the PC version with your PS3's controller, google a program called DS3 Tools and that allows you to hook it up via the usb charge cord and play any controller enabled PC games (it can take a bit of fittling around to setup the first time though, setting it to xbox360 emulation usually works).

So it probably doesn't matter which you choose in a sense lol.

But if it's possible to use DS3 tools with the PC version, I would say to play that one, you'd get the best of both that way imo.

I don't know about both being barren.  The PS3 version is always active on the server I play on (Justice).  I can't speak for the PC version (something others should consider doing when they haven't played something don't speak on it).

"You think this "A" stands for France?" Captain America