Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will i be able to play SWG?

How bad will i suffer?

Pentium III 1GHz
512 SDRAM PC-100
Windows ME
GeForce FX 5200 w/128MB (PCI)
DSL 256 kb

Comments

• RavenStJRavenStJ Member Posts: 309

very, take note the recommended processor is 1.5 ghz.. this is more like the mininum as i have seen people get po'ed at the way their games are playing. the actual min that most gamers have found was about 1.8 or 2.0 ghz. The ram could be a problem as well, you would want 512mb, yes but PC-2700/333MHz to be exact in other ddram, but again 1ghz would be much better.

you can play games on me?????

kidding that is the red headed step child of os'es consider saving up for winxp pro

.............................................................................

The following are the official required and recommended specifications for your computer to run Star Wars Galaxies:

Computer
    100% DirectX 9.0 compatible computer

Operating Systems
    Windows 98 SE, Millennium, 2000, and XP

CPU
    Required: Intel PIII 933 MHz or AMD Athlon 900 MHz
    Recommended: Intel P4 1.5 GHz or AMD Athlon XP 1500+

Memory
    Required: 256 MB RAM
    Recommended: 512 MB RAM

Graphics Card
    Required: 32 MB 3D Graphics card with Hardware Transform and Lighting (T&L) Capability
    Recommended: 64 MB 3D Graphics card with Vertex Shader and Pixel Shader (VS/PS) Capability

Monitor
    1024x768 capable monitor required

Sound Card
    Required: PCI, USB or Onboard Audio Device

CD-ROM
    Required: Quad Speed CD-ROM drive

Input Device
    Required: Keyboard and mouse

Connectivity Requirements
    Required: 56K modem or faster Internet connection

DirectX
    Microsoft DirectX 9.0 is included on this CD. NOTE: DirectX may require the "latest" updates for your operating system. This may also include the latest drivers for your particular motherboard, sound and video hardware.

Installation
    Installation requires 2.0 GB of free hard drive space. It is recommended that you have at least an additional 500 MB of free space available after installing the game for the Windows swap/page file and additional patch downloads.

Supported Chipsets at the time of release:
    ATI Radeon 7200/7500
    ATI Radeon 8500/9000
    ATI Radeon 9500/9700
    Matrox Parhelia
    NVIDIA GeForce 256
    NVIDIA GeForce 2 family
    NVIDIA GeForce 3 family
    NVIDIA GeForce 4 family
    NVIDIA GeForceFX family

• ErillionErillion Member EpicPosts: 10,297

Its a working configuration for normal gameplay. I started with 256 MB RAM and a MX400 grafic card and played with it for half a year (Athlon 1.6 GHz = 2 GHz P4 equivalent).

You will suffer in populated cities and during large scale gatherings (events, PvP). You will suffer if you go at high speed with your swoop bike. You should be perfectly ok in space.

The single most important improvements I ever made was to upgrade to 1 GIG RAM and installing a 128 MB grafic card. The processor speed is of secondary importance.

Have fun

Erillion

• SegurantSegurant Member Posts: 15

you should be fine.

I have a P4 1.6 GHz with 768 MB Ram. I only have a 64 MB NVIDIA GeForce 2 and I don't have any trouble unless I hit a populated Star port with people spamming the world to sell/advertise their wares