Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Japan fan day and BHS's CEO talks about reason behind NA/EU launch date

stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

This gives a little bit more clarification on why the decision was made to push the launch date for the west back to spring 2012.

Banners around Japan prior to fan day.

Stores

Here is outside the convention / fan day

As you can see it was massive, they reported over 100,000 people visited the convention over the weekend.

Some more outside pics

Went inside and it was mostly tables/tera talk and tera games, even has a table to show how to lose weight playing tera..lol Later in the day there was a sit down with the BHS team.

Some pics inside

Later on in the day the BSH team had a Q and A section.

I don't remember this guys name but he was the MC of the event.

He reported good things about Tera, how BHS got the word "Arborea" from a joke 4 years ago to now a company that employs over 200 people in Korea. He made allot of jokes.

Then he brought the mike over to the lead devs that are currently working on Elin changes.

They didn't give away much, as you can see they were reading word for word from a script. They did say the elin race will be having a gothic tights look with gothic panties look. The rest would be the same.

They past the mike from dev to dev taking about what plans Tera holds. Then they past the mike to Akira Morikawa (president of NHN Corporation, owner of Hangame)

He talked about painting Japan purple, as tera's official color is purple. Then he shocked the crowed saying that over 10 million japan hangame accounts have been created and 15,000 the number of simultaneous connections, he announced that it broke the previous best mark ever for Hangame.

On that basis, he said,the objectives listed in the open beta test will aim to 50,000 and the number of simultaneous connections.

He also stated they have come to an agreement with almost all of the major internet cafes in Japan. So anyone will be able to play OB/retail via internet cafe. If you sign up to play Tera using a internet cafe you will get cafe points to use at the Tera store.

Then he left and the CEO of Bluehole, Mr. Kimugansoku took the stage.

First he appoligized about the disaster that the Korean version is in (launched to early). He said that in no way is this version acceptable and has made changes to his company to make sure things will be different. To this he said the western version will be delayed until the full lvl 60 version is complete, and only then will it be released.

As for the Jpn version he stated they spent months on end fixing bugs, and they will add 2 new dungeons instances, "House of Vanpiru" "Muslim evil lair," + the added "destruction of the beasts". BHS is currently working really and and the next big major patch will be in November. With the ultimate patch coming in March 2012, to coincide with the Na release.

The rest was mostly promoting how cool BHS was..lol

Later the entire BHS dev team got together for a photo-op

It's a bit disappointing because I really wanted to try out the game this year but I understand the reason behind the decision,  Too many games have launched over the years that lacked end game content and suffered for it.

Orginial link:  http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/105641-TERA-Online-Media/page11

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

Comments

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

the thing is by then TOR and GW2 will be out  (easely the most anticipated titles to come out in the last 5+ years ).....who the hell is gonna have any time to play a flashy korean Aion 2.0 with a paid subscription? 

wile i admire the fact that they want to have stability and content at launch i also think they are greately underestimating the interest and following  ToR and GW2 have in the west. even Blizz admitted long ago that the only game that could possibly compete with WoW was a good Star Wars mmo. star wars is huge in the west, and Guild Wars is ....well subscription free :D.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

the thing is by then TOR and GW2 will be out  (easely the most anticipated titles to come out in the last 5+ years ).....who the hell is gonna have any time to play a flashy korean Aion 2.0 with a paid subscription? 

wile i admire the fact that they want to have stability and content at launch i also think they are greately underestimating the interest and following  ToR and GW2 have in the west. even Blizz admitted long ago that the only game that could possibly compete with WoW was a good Star Wars mmo. star wars is huge in the west, and Guild Wars is ....well subscription free :D.

I understand but the fact is the best game will draw the most players regardless. 

SW is huge in the west but then again SWG died...go figure.

GW's never had a big impact on subs,  history will probably repeat itself with GW2.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

"Muslim evil lair,"

That cannot possibly be right. image

This is a news bit, so it wouldn't hurt to proof-read it (or spell checker).

Anyways, they have to prove themselves in the coming months. Their reputation is beyond tarnished here in the West.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519

Originally posted by nblitz

"Muslim evil lair,"

That cannot possibly be right. image

This is a news bit, so it wouldn't hurt to proof-read it (or spell checker).

Anyways, they have to prove themselves in the coming months. Their reputation is beyond tarnished here in the West.

"Dungeon of evil god fearing tyrants". Don't ask my why google translate called them Muslims..lol

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

And here is Scapes' response to this info.

"After checking in with Bluehole Studio and reviewing what was shared at their Final TERA Day event in Akihabara, Japan, this past weekend, I can clarify that the information posted on the Bluegartr forum was never said. There was also no question-and-answer session at the event."

http://www.tera-online.com/forums/showpost.php?p=434384&postcount=392

• KumaponKumapon Member EpicPosts: 1,563

I've read the article the author has posted and most of what he says is correct. The only thing that is not correct is what the President/CEO said. He didn't mention anything about the west, so the statement that StayonTarget posted was untrue. 

I'm not  gonna blame the author or Stayontarget,  reports from Japan were saying this. But what they should have done is throughly check before posting. Hopefully this will be a lesson learned. 

Also it would be nice if EME would post some info every now and then. Them hiding in the dark and not saying squat is starving the fanbase for info. So posts like this get blown out of proportion. 

Did you know this topic made it all the way to BHS in Korera ? You should have seen their faces reading it..lol

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

this game or this company its even worse than ncsoft, delays , alfa version on korea , no content, and WORST OF ALL >> RNG (the worst feature on all mmo's)

Really a weapon that breaks if enchantment dont succed, come on this game its an ofense to western players, and Aion RNG near this TERA RNG its childs play, nice combat system but all the rest its horrible.

I think this game have already its destiny to fail bigtime on  the west , as its failing on east, go figure...

And GW2 or SWTOR will crush any chances for tera to succed in the west.

• DerWotanDerWotan Member Posts: 1,012

Originally posted by pedrostrik

this game or this company its even worse than ncsoft, delays , alfa version on korea , no content, and WORST OF ALL >> RNG (the worst feature on all mmo's)

Really a weapon that breaks if enchantment dont succed, come on this game its an ofense to western players, and Aion RNG near this TERA RNG its childs play, nice combat system but all the rest its horrible.

I think this game have already its destiny to fail bigtime on  the west , as its failing on east, go figure...

I'm glad they are putting in stuff like that, instead of rewarding everyone every minute they are playing (i.e SWTOR), this SWTOR and GW 2 crap is really getting annoying.

Though I wont play it, I LOVE eastern MMORPGS but westernization and Frogster are big nonos for me, too bad.

We need a MMORPG Cataclysm asap, finish the dark age of MMORPGS now!

"Everything you're bitching about is wrong. People don't have the time to invest in corpse runs, impossible zones, or long winded quests. Sometimes, they just want to pop on and play."
    "Then maybe MMORPGs aren't for you."

• drbaltazardrbaltazar Member UncommonPosts: 7,856

gw 1 was insanelly popular it has been what 6 years or so and the game is still in the highes on xfire

so any waving gw2 away as a fly should be carefull

gw1 was for a very long time the BEST PLACE to pvp

would probably still is if arenanet hadnt been hasty in annoucing gw2 (yes it was too early)

i hope for tera that gw2 get lunched only in september of 2012 cause if they lunch at same time as tera

(wich i would probably do if if the timing was right for arenanet (i bet ncsoft would be happy to spite tera!

isnt it those guys that had mayhem with ncsoft !

• bygeorgebygeorge Member UncommonPosts: 104

Originally posted by pedrostrik

Your items can't break from enchanting.

KTera recently implemented a patch which gives guarenteed epic drops from endgame bosses, as well as doubling the drop rate of any items from lvl 50+ bosses.

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196

Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Even though World Of Warcraft is the 100 Pound Gorilla of mmos people still play other mmos like Everquest 2, Eve, Darkfall, Final Fantasy XI, Rift, Age Of Conan, City Of Heroes and Lord Of The Rings.  If Tera is a good game people are going to play it regardless. I dont care at all about Star Wars and since Guild Wars 2 is a no sub game I can buy it which I plan to do and still sub to a montly MMO and I bet this is what alot of people are also going to do.  I just dont understand why people keep talking like Tor and GW2 are going to totally shut down the MMO market when they release. Are you all new to mmos?