Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Isengard the most beautiful expansion ever.

2»

Comments

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865

Now they are releasing a expansion with no new instances, no new classes, no new PVMP(the thing lied about) zone, and adding 10 levels with only 300 new quests(maybe 5/10 levels will be gained from quests, unless the quests are worth quadrouple what they are now), and only one new zone. Sad really. It's a mini expansion that they want $30 for, greed much?

you guys have no clue what ur talking about do you? ..the isengard expansion aint the only thing...isengard expansion includes the isengard part and the update 5 part for free..update 5 contains 5 more instances except the 24 man thats alrdy in the standard isengard, more quests and more areas

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

The game has always been known for its visual allure. Combine this with the lore and it has the foundation of a great game. From what I have seen Isengard looks breathtaking as well. Unfortunately, as with others, I will not be returning due to the still sluggish combat, pricing tactics and grind inherent in the game. I had a good 3 years in Middle Earth, but nothing makes me want to come back to this game. 

• DestaiDestai Member Posts: 574

Originally posted by ajsr

Originally posted by SuperXero89

If it just wasn't for the trait system or whatever they called that crap where you had to like kill 100 orcs to get a better version of a skill, which by the very nature of the min/max nature of MMOs becomes all but required, LotRO would be an amazing game.

This is what made me quit.

This too was a major divisive factor for me. I just can't bring myself to grind out mobs like that. It's not fun, I wish developers would understand that. I would come back if the trait system was revamped along with the combat. 

• MinscMinsc Member UncommonPosts: 1,353

Originally posted by Destai

Originally posted by ajsr

Originally posted by SuperXero89

If it just wasn't for the trait system or whatever they called that crap where you had to like kill 100 orcs to get a better version of a skill, which by the very nature of the min/max nature of MMOs becomes all but required, LotRO would be an amazing game.

This is what made me quit.

This too was a major divisive factor for me. I just can't bring myself to grind out mobs like that. It's not fun, I wish developers would understand that. I would come back if the trait system was revamped along with the combat. 

Um...if you don't have all of  your skill based traits unlocked by the time you enter moria you're doing it wrong. It's extremely easy to unlock all of those just by using the skills in normal conbat.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,643

Originally posted by timeraider

you guys have no clue what ur talking about do you? ..the isengard expansion aint the only thing...isengard expansion includes the isengard part and the update 5 part for free..update 5 contains 5 more instances except the 24 man thats alrdy in the standard isengard, more quests and more areas

Update 5 likely isn't free for people who want to buy the expansion for points.  Also, people that want to buy for points may not be able to do so on the day of release.  Since they never promised players could buy expansions for points on the day of release, it's technically not a lie.  But it is deceptive and crappy.